Next Thread
Print Thread
#592625 10/10/16 08:13 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi! I bought the early access game today and have been having a flickering graphics problem. It happens in the background of the options menu, the character creation menu and in the gameplay itself. Attached is a gif of what is happening.
Anyone know of a fix for it?
I have all updated drivers.
win 7.1, intel HD graphics family

Cheers!

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p389/fitzchivalry23ck3r23/DOS2_d3ck3r23_zps1ongxkdn.gif

Support
Support

Which graphics chip, specifically? If it isn't in the system specs, it might be mentioned in dxdiag (click Start, or WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit Enter, then in the window that opens, switch to the Display tab), Display tab.

In the video section of the options, try switching to windowed or fake fullscreen mode, and see if that makes a difference.

Does changing graphics options make a difference? Try changing the 'Quality Preset' to Very Low, then if that makes it better or worse, play with the individual settings to narrow down what the problem is. It doesn't really look like a texture/shadow issue, though.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 1760 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 3537
BIOS: A06
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6024MB RAM
Page File: 1774MB used, 5210MB available

I have tried all levels of graphics options as well as fullscreen, fake, windowed. Still flickers badly. ::shrugs::

Support
Support

The integrated graphics are HD 4400.

Right click an open area of the desktop to start the ATI Catalyst Control Center, then look for a setting to run the game on the Radeon graphics, rather than integrated (should have a Radeon HD 8670M, as well as the integrated graphics; dxdiag often only lists the integrated). Depending on the graphics card and driver version, there may be a 'Switchable Graphics' tab where you can specify high performance or power saving for individual programs.

If you hold Shift and right click the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, there may be a menu option to choose which GPU to run the game on.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thanks heaps for your time!
There is no ati catalyst control centre, only intel(r) HD graphics family. I ran the AMD auto detect and it tells me no supported amd ati hardware was detected.
I then tried setting the game to run from different cpu cores but to no avail and also set the program to run in high priority and it still happens.
I had a similar problem with fallout4 after it was patched and it turned out to be the intel HD graphics being unsupported by the game-makers (even though prior to patching it worked just fine)

This is my laptop I am trying to get it running on though; when I get home I am sure it will run on my desktop PC no worries.
It becomes a game to try and get games/programs to run properly and I turn into a dog with a bone; I cannot be sated until it works!

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Support
Support

The specs I found online say there is a Radeon card, as well, but there may be variations using the same laptop model number. You might want to double check on Dell's site, just in case, if you don't still have the system information handy, or recall going with the base graphics when choosing the laptop.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3537/drivers

Integrated graphics are not mentioned in the minimum requirements for D:OS 2, but I don't know if that means they are not supported at all.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard