Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
20 minutes ago
I am stuneed.
Removing "Patch_2.pak" from "steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data", starting the game, closing the game, putting the "Patch_2.pak" back, solved the issue for me :S I can download and use DE mods again.
3 91 Read More
47 minutes ago
I did not suggest that. It was suggested to me by the Composer. I actually am reluctant to do so out of fear to lose any of my work ( even though I would make backups, better safe than sorry). Also I am convinced that the problem is not on my side and the problem would still be there when subscribing to any DE mod. As far as I can tell, the only way to get rid of the problem is by unsubscribing to all DE mods and deleting them manually from "Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods"

EDIT:
Removing "Patch_2.pak" from "steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data", starting the game, closing the game, putting the "Patch_2.pak" back, solved the issue for me :S I can download and use DE mods again.
6 85 Read More
4 hours ago
1) When combining the eternal artifact that gives air damage + shocked chance, the shocked chance boost ist gone after you load the game again.
2) Similar for the other artifact. I combined it with a neckless to get crit change, dodge and fireresist. I think this persisted longer than a single load, but still is gone now (maybe it vanished when moving from nameless island to arx?). I can not combine the same neckless again with an artifact to get the boost back. For some reason my boots, that received thievery, still have thievery although I have them since reapers coast. So I can't tell how to reproduce this bug.

Game version 3.6.33.2684
0 6 Read More
General
10 hours ago
I would love to publish my standalone adventure for use with ps4 or Xbox. Is there any consideration for release of some sort of mod workshop for gamers who are exclusive to consoles?
0 9 Read More
Technical problems
12 hours ago
Sidebar note:

I peeked at the game save folders. Looks like my latest game save was at 7:01 PM my time. Looks like the file contents are a dead match for the auto save folder time stamped about 3 hours prior. My most recent save shows it was at 7:01PM... But all the data? Matches up with the game's auto save file some 3 hours ago?!?

Wow.... And the funny part? I purposely reloaded the game several times to attempt to 're-roll' better loot when I battled the ghost in the bottom of the tower. Worked great for me each time, until I exited the game and returned. Now my latest game save file matches an auto save file from 3 hours ago.

Does the game have a glitch when to many save game files are in the folder? The folder is pretty huge for game save files.

S-
1 7 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Mods
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
I've never found such data.
Your best guess would be to search for this code in the .exe or .dll files because I think it's hard-coded ;-)

If you want to change that, it should be no problem with some Osiris scripting.

You need
Code
- the event CharacterLeveledUp((CHARACTER)_Character)
- possibly the query CharacterGetLevel([in](CHARACTER)_Character, [out](INTEGER)_Level)
- the call CharacterAddAttributePoint((CHARACTER)_Character, (INTEGER)_Amount)
- the call CharacterAddAbilityPoint((CHARACTER)_Character, (INTEGER)_Amount)
- the call CharacterAddTalentPoint((CHARACTER)_Character, (INTEGER)_Amount)
- 'The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition' to compile your script

... and a tiny bit of knowledge about Osiris and its 'databases' ;-)

It could be that the _Amount variable does not work with values other than -1 and +1, so adding more than one could require some additional steps. At least I remember that I had to do something like a recursion or a loop to lift the Loremaster ability up to 5 in my XC_Bags mod. But how each of the calls works in detail is subject to testing since we have no documentation ;-)

PS: the names of the calls come from the file Mods\<mymodname>\Story\story.div', a file that is auto-created by the Osiris compiler when it runs, I did not test the calls/event myself ;-)
1 29 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
Yesterday at 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by ShadowStorm
But everyone has their opinions and are welcome to sharethem as long as it doesn't ruin the rest of the community's experience

Er, isn't that my line? :p
8 333 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Suggestions and Feedback
Yesterday at 06:16 AM
Yes I would also like to see:

Ice Fan Scroll (Maybe sheet of paper + tooth + high quality water essence)
1 90 Read More
16/12/18 10:36 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm a huge fan of the series, but I've got a very annoying issue that I can't tell if it's an issue with the game or the console. I did have issues installing the game because my power cable disconnected, but I made sure to clear everything and then start over. When I started the game it looked like this:

https://youtu.be/ZPzcWR0_zn0

Can anyone tell me whether this is an issue with:
1. My console (playstation 4 pro)
2. My disc
3. A glitch/bug

Thanks in advance, I'm really longing to play the game!
0 25 Read More
16/12/18 06:14 PM
Hi, I'm trying to start a multiplayer game and having an issue during character creation using a PS4 controller. In the preset tab after pressing the X button to edit pressing triangle button doesn't bring up the info pop-up. When I switch over to single player it works fine. Any ideas about how to fix this?
0 25 Read More
16/12/18 03:29 PM
I just bought the game and my monitor resolution in 1920X1080. The game loads and automatically jumps to 2048X1536 and I get the black screen with the "out of range" message. How do I prevent this from happening?
0 16 Read More
16/12/18 06:42 AM
Did you ever get a fix for this? Having the same issue on my end with multiplayer.
1 269 Read More
16/12/18 06:33 AM
Post character creation (when the intro video should be playing), we get a black screen and you can hit escape to hear the menu sounds, but nothing appears. Issue started today, and we tried a vanilla install with zero mods to see if there was something in there causing the issue. Same problem with no mods - black screen, nothing happens.
0 19 Read More
16/12/18 06:29 AM
I found that instead of doing the above solution, if you just leave the lobby and relaunch Divinity, it'll sometimes skip the installing aspect. In our multiplayer game, one person has the installing issue out of 4 of us, and when they quit the load screen, close Divinity, and relaunch, it'll just power right through like normal.
9 385 Read More
16/12/18 05:55 AM
the second time I pass the shipwreck cave, I destroy all the eggs and the achievement still does not give
0 20 Read More
Suggestions
16/12/18 01:07 AM
Maybe add a Divinity Eternal Edition for Gog Connet? it would be very nice)
0 28 Read More
15/12/18 09:16 PM
I've heard people having load time issues when they have a lot of savefiles. Go to \Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles and locate your profile. Move all but the few recent ones elsewhere and see if it helps your load time.
5 1,097 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
15/12/18 02:50 PM
Hi,
I have been playing Divinity: Original sin - Enhanced Edition on Steam with a friend for around 140 hrs now, and the multiplayer mode has suddently decided to stop working: every time I try to invite her, she can't join the game.
The game is synchronized and we have checked Steam and our graphic card are updated. The saves take around 29% of the online memory space for what I can see.
We tried to create some new game, and they work fine - whoever is inviting the other.
Any idea how we could continue our 140-hour-long game please?
Thanks in advance for your help :)
0 28 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Projects In Progress
15/12/18 11:28 AM
Nice to hear from you again! smile Yeah, I figured mod compatibility would be rather wonky. But you already said that some "must have" stuff like faster movement speed outside of combat will be included in your mod already. And I don't really care for skill or class mods as the vanilla game and your overhaul already have more than enough classes, spells, effects and skills to choose from. smile I'm very excited to see your hard work starting to come to fruition so my wife and I can finally play through the game after we stopped halfway through because we were just too annoyed by the current combat systems. smile Finally the "each battle is a puzzle" system will be back!

Btw, if you intend to change around hp/damage/money/etc scaling be careful with the difference is scaling for magic damage. Things like the less bloat mod try to address this making a 5% instead of 7% scaling to magic damage but even then some numbers are just not where they should be. Larian for some reason decided to make just a handful of spells scale different - which you would never notice in the game without changes to global level scaling. And if you touch it in any way I would recommend changing potions and poison potions to be percentage based to up to 40% for the largest one to be balanced with the new HP values. (especially poison - which the author of reduced numbers bloat forgot as he didn't think about zombie healing from poison)

I hope you have a massive list of changes so we can get a "changelog" when you release the mod. (especially things like faster movement speed which are added ontop of your new core mechanics) Wishing you all the best!
50 7,634 Read More
15/12/18 04:12 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/syrvotech

We are currently live! Four friends currently streaming DOS:2 Definitive Edition! Come hang out! Streaming for charity, a really great cause (Children's Hospitals in Los Angeles).
0 37 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
14/12/18 09:07 PM
Edit: turns out you have to select A DIFFERENT profile when adding the 2nd controller. you didn't need to do that with the first "original sin"...
1 99 Read More
14/12/18 04:21 PM
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum so I would like to say hello to everybody. I plan to buy a game in the near future, but I'm not sure if it makes sense considering the performance of my laptop. Of course, I saw different videos on youtube presenting performance on this graphics card but I would like to reach more people having GeForce 940m or similar card. How does the game work for you, were you able to finish the game? Is it possible to play with shadows turned on in an acceptable number of frames per second?

My laptop is:
Intel Core i5-5200U (2 cores, 2.2 GHz to 2.7 GHz, 3 MB cache)
8 GB (SO-DIMM DDR3, 1600 MHz)
HDD SATA 5400 1000 GB
15,6 "
1366x768 (HD)
NVIDIA GeForce 940M
+ Intel HD Graphics 5500
2048 MB GDDR3

Thank you in advance and sorry for opening a new thread.
0 29 Read More
14/12/18 05:27 AM
I think I know why the bug happens, but when you reverse the default left click and right click controls, you can't open context menus in inventory, nor can you drop items.

I feel like the inventory screen treats the left click and right click as default left and right click despite changes to controls and treats it as if you both right clicked and left clicked at the same time.
0 34 Read More
14/12/18 02:45 AM
So I fled the battle because I wasn't ready and now I can't find Gwydian after the battle.
The journal said he escaped the magisters and fled the blackpits with his family.They're not at the house.

I can't even close "On The Ropes" now.
He and his family are gone and not in black pits.
Hannag acts like nothing happened and i can only ask her what she is going to do next.Killed her cause she's evil now though(lol)

Help?
0 49 Read More
13/12/18 05:52 PM
Hiho,

simple question: How do I actually update the game to the latest version?
My current version is 3.0.141.716.

I can't find an update option in game, nor a tool or so in the games folder. The website (https://divinity.game/en/node/109) mentions features but no download link for a patch and no info on how to get the game updated either.
0 42 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2