Divinity Banner
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Bugs & Technical Problems
1 hour ago
I was able to install Mojave 10.14.4 b3, and there is less of a red tint than before, but I still do not see the correct colors. The graphics look similar to how they did with the red tint, but are brown and black now. Not playable, as I can't see things well enough. How disappointing! I know my Macbook is not officially supported, but I did hope that it would be playable.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
Mojave 10.14.4 Beta
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Edited to add:
Is there a way I can download the latest DOS2 beta from GOG without using GOG Galaxy? I can't use Galaxy because it crashes. The version of the game I am using is listed as "Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition 3.6.36.3440 (GOG-3)"

58 2,044 Read More
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up @Skeptical_Bunny, it has been so much time ever since I don't even try to do anything with more than one character simultaneously if they are chained, to the point that I forgot how exactly the chained party works when you change the active character. I fixed my thread's title and added some other stuff that I noticed as I played the game today, I definitely appreciate your post.

This issue is quite annoying and I might in fact just take a few weeks away from the game just to make sure that I can experience something closer to what I played a couple months ago, when I finalized my 2nd Tactician playthrough and moved onto other games, since I have at most only a few hours to play games and then I have to do other stuff.
2 31 Read More
Troubleshooting
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
In the editor everything is fine but in game the generated AI grid seems to not excist.
In new projects with a new completely blank and flat level there seems to be no grid at all as I can't place any creature on the map (GM Mode).
In excisting levels with altered terrain after the patch the levels use the pre-patch ai grid.

I lowered the terrain here to add a cave but the game thinks the terrain is still flat, hence the "floating" E;f Bandit.
[Linked Image]
0 4 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Projects In Progress
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
I'm glad you got everything figured out and can now wrap up the work for a release version of your mod! You should definitly apply for a job at Larian. You seem to fit in perfectly with those people and I bet you would be a great addition!
54 8,832 Read More
Troubleshooting
Yesterday at 03:58 PM
The patch fixed it.
Thanks Larian, that was quick!
4 57 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Suggestions and Feedback
Yesterday at 08:02 AM
Liking a lot of these suggestions. I've hoarded so many items in the hopes of crafting them into useful things but... it's so cluttered at the moment and more organisation and structure would be appreciated.
3 1,028 Read More
Yesterday at 07:55 AM
I agree that those skills should NOT work when entangled or enwebbed. There are no lore or gameplay reasons they should work whilst other movement abilities are blocked.

I was very surprised to find myself one shot by Kniles / Gheists backstabbing me after being entangled, and assumed it was a bug.
8 527 Read More
General
Yesterday at 06:25 AM
Sorry for replying to an older post, I suppose...

The intro video shows a male warrior, so that's what Lucian starts out as.

I also think the default warrior portrait is the "canon" one if you were to ask me.
5 456 Read More
General
Yesterday at 06:19 AM
The game only ever seems to run at the default 40 FPS for me. Changing any of the settings in "config.lcl" file, which includes "game rate 40 fps", does nothing.
0 10 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - General
18/02/19 09:20 PM
Why isn't there a guide for item locations like this?
4 109 Read More
General
18/02/19 09:09 PM
Hi, Kevin.

I followed your instructions for unsupported language but nothing changes after publishing. And the file is too small - 483 kb.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data\Projects\[My Add-on Project]\[Translation folder]

I tested copying the translation to the localization folder and changing language.lsx and it works fine, but I can't do that with publishing. I've reread many times the wiki but I can't solve this for publishing to my friends.

Please, help.
9 1,158 Read More
18/02/19 08:15 PM
Yeah I'm finding this rather annoying too, every time I activate a polymorph skill that give me a temporary skill I have to get that out or me skill chart and place it on my hotbar, as soon as the polymorph skill has run it's course the temporary skill disappears from the hotbar even though I have all those automated hotbar options turned off.

An other thing about the automated hotbar options, well I have mentioned this before and can you please do something about this. I have the auto hotbar option for automatically placing items that goes under "Usable" in the hotbar turned off. But the option doesn't effect bedrolls and they get places on the hotbar every time one is picked up. Doesn't Bedrolls go under Usable? It should and it should be effected by this option, please fix it.
1 29 Read More
18/02/19 07:45 PM
The actions menu stops working after playing a while.

Some times when I have the game running (don't know exactly how long) I am unable to open the actions menu with X on my Xbox one controller.
Most of the time when I open a box or chest (any container), I am unable to get the actions menu to show.
I opens and closes really fast when I press X on the controller.

I usually fix it when I reload the game or save.
0 13 Read More
18/02/19 07:30 PM
First post!!

Some times when there is an interaction between the party member, all dialog is voiced except for the custom character. (In my experience)
Whenever a choice is made, it seems to skip the voiced response and jump to the next party members dialog.

I have experienced this on my solo play through and on multiplayer. It seems to happen randomly.
Also it's not even only at the first choice. It's like a character gets bugged and we're not able to hear their dialog options in that play through.

On multiplayer it happend more often with the friend I'm playing with.
I only had it happen when playing solo.

PS: I am playing on PC with an Xbox one controller.
0 9 Read More
18/02/19 05:36 PM
I know the Ancient Empire of the Lizard race doesn't have an actual name in the game. But, since the Lizard's have their own language, it would stand to reason that even if the empire's actual name is Ancient Empire, in human language, there would also be a Lizard language version Ancient Empire.

Was there ever in the development phase a plan for the empire to have a name in Lizard language, or were there alternative names in English?

So I'm basically asking if there was ever a name of the Ancient Empire, in the other games or in some scraped development documents?
0 15 Read More
Divinity Original Sin - Mods
18/02/19 03:57 PM
UPDATE

The extended AI script is part of a standalone version now. New features are added, along with a few fixes/improvements.

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/89

Extended Version 2.1

Fixes/Improvements

- Water of Life is supported now (healing AI).
- Some conditions to activate the healing reaction didn't make sense, so the reaction could become active without need.
- Proper interruption of Item Destruction AI added (e. g. when taking direct control of a character).
- AI actions (as part of this mod) that include movement to a target should have protection from dangerous surfaces now. Characters will interrupt their action when they get too close to a dangerous surface.

Content

10 AI functions:

Healing: Damaged player characters will be healed with appropriate skills (s. Standard Version).

Resurrection: Dead players will be resurrected by their party members using a resurrection scroll or the
witchcraft master spell if available.

Status Removal (burning, knocked down, poisoned): Burning, knocked-down and poisoned statuses will be
removed from party members (burning and poisoned statuses also from Self) if an
appropriate skill is available.

Locked Item Destruction: Connected party members will help to destroy locked items (doors and
chests) with spells (preferably) and weapons when the
character-to-follow attacks a locked item.

Clearing Fire Surfaces: All fire surfaces within 12 in-game meters will be cleared with appropriate spells if available.

Acceleration (Haste): Connected party members will check the travel distance of the
character-to-follow every 7 seconds and cast the pyro haste spell if
available when the travel distance exceeds 14 in-game meters (to avoid
spamming haste spells all the time).

Perception: The player character with the highest perception will be regularly buffed with a Perception spell (Pyro).

Karma: The character will regularly cast Survivors Karma, if available, to increase the party's Luck.

AI activation:

• 10 skills for each player character to activate/deactivate AI functions for the character.
• 2 skills to make the next activation/deactivation command party-wide.

Buffing:
• 3 skills to save the next casted buff or summoning skill in Buff Set 1, 2 or 3. The skill's target will be remembered (so characters can buff each other).
• 3 skills to command all player characters except the commander to cast their remembered buff/summoning skill of Set 1, 2 or 3 on the remembered target.

Follow behaviour:

• 1 skill to make all player characters stay in place (including the commander).
• 1 skill to make all player characters follow again (including the commander).

This way chaining/unchaining characters isn't necessary any more.

Other options:

1 skill to start a dialog for different settings:
• Player movement speed: +15, 25, 35, 45 or 55 percent.
• NPC movement speed in combat: +15, 25, 35, 45 or 55 percent.
• Party sneaking: chained player characters will follow their leader into sneak mode.
• Combat idling: reduced randomness of idle animations in combat (6-8 seconds between every animation, timer reset on being attacked) or deactivation of combat idling.

24 3,900 Read More
18/02/19 08:09 AM
I just got to level 20 in arx and I would say that is a darn good way of balancing the game. But that has never stopped me from trying to reach level 21.
5 753 Read More
18/02/19 03:14 AM
Fixed the above error. With an RTX 2080 I was able to start DE directly with the EoCapp.exe set to windows 7 compatibility *and* disabling fullscreen optimization. None of the other "fixes" such as removing/disabling anti-virus or startup programs was needed. Please post here if this fixes your issue as well as what graphics card you have. This is the second game where the rtx 2080 needed fullscreen optimization disabled to run. If this can help anyone else that would be fantastic.
2 144 Read More
18/02/19 01:00 AM
Agreed, maybe being able to add "Cloth Scraps" to the OG "Backpack" recipe to get a colored BP / add a "Pouch" recipe that can generate a random colored Pouch would definitely be helpful.
1 59 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Help/Tips/Tricks
17/02/19 09:08 PM
Thanks for your adicve and perspective Try2Handing, I really appreciate it

I think that if Raze's idea doesn't work out, we'll be between just leaving them until the next act or reloading. And with your subtle nod to how far along we are, I think we may just end up risking pushing it to the next act and letting the chips fall where they may!

Hahaha, lets hope it doesn't go as disastrously as a lot of our well-intentioned decisions seem to in the game.

Thanks!
6 79 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
17/02/19 08:17 PM
Hello

Me and my friend have encountered a problem ingame, that we can't seem to fix.

Is it possible to edit save files to finish a quest, so we can continue our save?
0 22 Read More
Troubleshooting
17/02/19 06:52 PM
Hi,

I have been experiencing this issue since it's been out there. The RAM usage of this engine rises everytime I save anything. Until the moment it lags so much I need to close and open it again.

Until now it didn't bother me, since I wasn't using the eyes of a child that much (mostly working on stats right now).

But I recently encountered a bug that made the message saying what is saved (on the bottom-right of the eyes of a child) didn't show up. And the lag problem just disappeared. It never felt so smooth. I want this feeling back !

Is there a way to deactivate the message ? Help me please.

Just for information, my laptop is :
Windows 7
8GB RAM
3.4GHz AMD Phenom
1GB AMD Radeon 7700
0 22 Read More
17/02/19 02:42 PM
https://youtu.be/JWu0jE20N5c

Above is a video demonstrating the issue.

We encountered a bug where we couldn't make a choice in front of the Doomsday Device, trying to do so would interrupt the dialogue. We couldn't load an earlier save to work around the bug because we were running Honour Mode. Game version was Definitive Edition v3.6.36.3440 on PC. No mod was installed. (I was using a controller but my friends were not, they were unable to progress through the dialogue as well)

It might relate to that, earlier in the run, we interrupted the dialogue by teleporting the team member interacting with the device away
(since we wanted to fully explore the dungeon before doing so but there was no "leave it alone" option after "once and for all")
0 48 Read More
17/02/19 10:22 AM
Alt+Tab out of the game and go back, it stops the freeze.

Not a solution but a workaround, after Act 1 I got longer and longer freezes (30-60sec), with this method its only a sec.
26 2,656 Read More
Divinity - Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
17/02/19 08:24 AM

Vamair
Have the host check the characters to see if any are encumbered. There is a known issue that can cause the client to crash in multiplayer when loading or joining if a character is encumbered (the main cause of that was fixed in one of the last updates, but a few people have still run into this).
In that case, the host dropping or redistributing the excess weight and saving the game should let the other join.

Veitarn
Just having different profiles shouldn't cause a conflict. However, it does sound like some information got carried over into the new game, likely due to a glitch or corrupt files in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\LevelCache' folder.
Email your save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to supportdos@larian.com, and I can check here if teleporting past the tests will let the end of the trial work properly.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Deleting the files in the levelcache folder, reloading a save before first entering Lucualla Forest (if available) and re-entering would likely fix the problem, at the cost of redoing that section of the game.
1,028 1,195,021 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2