Print Thread
#567227 29/06/15 10:24 PM
M
mannygt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
First off sorry for posting my issue in the English forums because my retail copy of the game is in Italian language.
I firstly bought the game on GoG, tried to apply a translation patch but it didn't worked because the patch was for retail copy of the game, so I bought the discs at eBay at good price in my own language.
The installation process was fine and I rebooted my PC after reboot request. After the reboot and launching the game, it want again to reboot the PC.
I googled on the Internet for a solution and then I found that v1.49 patch removes starforce which is surely the cause of endless reboot (my PC runs on Windows 7 x64)
I downloaded the patch v1.49 english because there wasn't other language options. I though "well let's install the english patch and then install the italian patch as described in the first rows above". I got the message "This is not the good game version". I tried to download and install early patches versions and I got the same message. Boring.

So the question is: How can I stop the endless reboot request? I want to play the game in my own language because I was so amused when I played Divine Divinity and Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis

Thanks in advance.

Support
Support

Starforce is the cause of the reboot messages (due to changes MS made to how drivers install in Vista and later versions of Windows). To force the install of the English 1.49 patch you will need to change a couple registry entries to match what the patch is expecting; see the topic Vista & Australian Version.

I don't think the Italian publisher ever released the 1.49 patch. With English re-releases the DVDs contained the full 1.47 installer and then the 1.49 patch, so you needed to check the DVD and install them separately.

Once you get the retail version working, if you compare the files changed by the translation patch (scan the install folder before and after with something like DVDsig or make a copy of the folder first and use a folder comparison program), you might be able to get it working with the GOG version of the game (which has widescreen and higher resolution support than the original disk version).

M
mannygt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thank you. I'll try in next hours.
Regards.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard