Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ROLAND Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This might have been addressed somewhere, but I noticed that the NEW Dragon Knight Saga, not only includes the expansion, but also a graphics over-haul.

Shouldn't owners of Ego Draconis be able to download/update their game to include the graphics over-haul, minus of course , the expansion ?

We were, after all, the first to support this game !

Think............The Witcher and how CDProjeck treated their loyal fans by letting them download the "Enhanced" version, if they owned the original, for free !

Support
Support

There is a patch to convert D2:ED + FoV to DKS, not officially released yet, but available (or at least was) if you email support (see Looking for testers for FOV2DKS patch). Many of the graphics updates in DKS are included in FoV, as well.

I don't know if or when a patch just for D2:ED may be released (at one point someone from Larian said the missing text in the North American release with Keara's statues would be fixed in 'the next patch', but that has yet to materialize).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
The programme is now closed for new testers, unfortunately: I emailed them about it on Christmas Eve after prevaricating for too long and consequently missed out, so it looks like we'll have to work on our patience skill-set... grin

J'aime le fromage.
ROLAND Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sorry but, imo, all current owners of the Original Ego Draconis , should be able to download/upgrade to the "Latest", graphacally enhanced version, of the "Same" game , at no cost ! Instead you have to shell out another $40.00 !

Cannot believe this has not been brought to light before now !

As an owner of all 3 of the Divinity games , I for one, am disappointed in Larian !

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
They haven't released the patch that upgrades ED+FoV to DKS yet as far as I know; my understanding is that there will be no charge, though someone from Larian will need to confirm.

The FoV expansion already appears to upgrade the graphics of ED to the same standard, however.

Last edited by Vometia; 10/01/11 03:44 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
M
addict
addict
M

Support
Support

Someone from Larian did confirm the FoV to DKS patch would be free.

ROLAND Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Wouldn't mind buying FoV, if it included the graphic update for ED !

Now, where can I buy DII : Flames of Vengeance ?

Last edited by ROLAND; 10/01/11 10:01 PM.
Support
Support

FoV does include most of the graphical updates for D2:ED. The only stuff not included in FoV that is in DKS are things that would break saved game compatibility (redesign of the flying fortresses, changes to loot and enemy placement, etc).

It is available as a digital distribution, from the Larian Vault, and I assume Steam, GamersGate, etc, maybe Amazon...

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard