Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#412635 13/05/10 11:34 PM
qiote Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hey, Hey...in another post you advised that the Aleroth Temple would respawn...and along with Keara's Fortress, could be used for leveling up. Well, I must be missing something cause after about 6 or so respawns, the portal in the Temple stops respawning. At least on the top floor.

I've tried to stay out of Zandalors way, by killing the creeps and heading for the door, hoping if I wasn't always in the immediate area, they would respawn indefinately...nope...they stop after just a few respawns and Zandy and his buddy move on to the next portal..

Is this a result of the patch or should I be doing something else to keep them respawning.....Does Keara's Fortress still respawn or did a patch do something to that also....

Thanks...

Support
Support

The portals in Aleroth only produce creatures until Zandalor has time to seal them, so you need to let enough past to keep interrupting his spell. You may want to turn the sound down for that, as he complains each time he is attacked and needs to restart. The main floor would be easiest for this, since there are 3 portals there.

In Keara's fortress, in the initial section of the headquarters, opponents spawn each time you try the door to the inner headquarters, if you have not named all of the statues correctly (or not named any yet).

qiote Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi..

One of my oars ain't in the water today..please clarify. How do I keep the creeps coming. When I tried to let a bunch of creeps come through without killing them, Zandy or his buddy killed them. Exactly how do I mess up his spellcasting....

I tried killing them as they appeared and I tried waiting..Zandy never shut up...and his buddy whacked 'em no matter what I did...then three came through at once and the other guy killed them..end of portal. hmmmmmm????

thanks..

Support
Support

Doesn't Zandalor have to restart when he defends himself? IIRC there is a countdown timer shown on screen, though not very prominent.
Perhaps you are just at too high a level for the monsters to be of much threat to Zandalor? (assuming his abilities scale with your level)

Have you tried this at the downstairs portals? Three of them should give Zandalor and the other guy more stuff to keep them busy.

Try increasing the difficulty setting, if you are not already playing on hard, and see if that helps.

qiote Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi again..I'm level 28. Saw the clock but didn't know what it's for...what is it for?? duh??

I didn't try the downstairs portals..when I saw they didn't continue to respawn, I went back to a save game and posted the note to you..

I'll go back now and see what I can do, trying your tips...after you tell me what the clock is for and what it means to me....

Support
Support

With each of the two portals upstairs you need to protect Zandalor for 15 seconds in order for him to close the rifts; downstairs with the three portals at once you need to protect him (or not) for 60 seconds. I think the countdown timer shows how much time is left until Zandalor can finish his spell (didn't pay much attention to it).

I was level 36 when I did this quest, and Zandalor restarted the spell a couple times while got around to summoning my creature and getting the hang of the pattern of spawns. At least downstairs you shouldn't have a problem letting Zandalor get interrupted at level 28.

qiote Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Sounds like Keara's is the way to go...no clock running, probably higher level creepies, and all I have to do is give the incorrect name...But, for now, I'll mess with the Temple...thanks...

qiote Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hey Raze..you're right...kept the lower Temple floor going till I gained three levels. Then, monsters started giving ... zero ... exp points. I'd kill 5 or 6 creeps, each giving 0 exp.. then one would give 309 plus the "wisdom" bonus. At first I was getting over 1600 exp per creep.. leveled up, a bit over 800, level up and a drop to 300.. with the 300 only 1 out of 6 times.

What's with the zero points...shouldn't I get some..even just a few, for every creep I whack?

This game, I was going for levels and have Wisdom at 10 plus 3. I know exp lowers with each level, but zero..and I'm only level 32.

Could equipment have any bearing on this...my Dual Swords do 495-559 + 183-198 in damage with each hit. Maybe the game "thinks", your level of damage is high enough and you don't need any more exp.

The dev's have created limitations in other areas of the game..maybe this is one of them??

Support
Support

Maybe now you are just at a level that only the strongest spawned creatures give experience? I was level 35 or 36 when I did that section, but don't recall what I got, if anything, for experience.

As far as I know it is just the level difference that modifies the base experience points for a particular creature. I suppose you could try equipping a couple crappy weapons, and see if you notice a difference.

I think there is a minimum experience value for the opponents in Keara's headquarters, as someone was able to reach level 40 there.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard