Print Thread
#448979 25/08/11 12:24 AM
M
maximus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
can i complete the battle tower quest and still be able to return to the hall of echoes quest? please help.

Support
Support

Yes, you can take over the battle tower before doing any of the Hall of Echoes quests. Actually you can only do part of that subquest early, in any case, since you need to be able to transform into a dragon to reach the other entrance to the mine.
There is one quest on Sentinel Island that you must do afterwards, as well (getting some treasure from a boat in a tree), though you might want to use the item yourself rather than complete that quest. Any other open quests or areas left unexplored should be done before acquiring the battle tower.

Once you have the battle tower, there is no rush to complete the Hall of Echoes quests. That is the final section of D2:ED, so you should complete everything else before entering (even with the add-on you wouldn't be returning to the fjords or Broken Valley).

Raze #448983 25/08/11 04:05 AM
M
maximus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
thanks, great

M
maximus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
i just finishrd destroying all the towers as a dragon. im in the battle tower. any advice as to which weapons in the chest i should avail to? and where do i go from here?? i just conquered the battle tower. do i begin hall of echoes or orobus??

Last edited by maximus; 27/08/11 11:00 PM.
old hand
old hand
Go & speak with all of your servents first to pick up there upgrade quests then head out to the Orobas Fjords using the wayshrine in your quaters.

M
maximus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
thanks alot i appreciate it.

Support
Support

The Hall of Echoes is the final section of D2:ED, and the subquests required to enter involve doing stuff the fjords, Broken Valley and Aleroth (which you will gain access to once you have explored enough of the fjords).

After you teleport to the fjords there are opponents along that mountain path (if you didn't clear them earlier) and a couple beaches, as well as a couple caves and a mine. A barrier blocks off access to the rest of the fjords, though, until you get into a bunker on a cliff wall to deactivate it (and the anti-dragon shields surrounding the bunker).

Don't forget to return outside on Sentinel Island, as well, since you auto returned when there were still a few opponents left. You can also now get the treasure in the boat in the tree (and either use it yourself or complete that quest), as well as find a few treasures in wyvern nests (one in particular is desirable; the rest are random), and if you get away from the island there is something else of note to find.

I don't recall there being weapons in the battle tower chest at the start (there are dragon armour pieces). I delayed taking over the battle tower, though (clearing some of the fjords before heading to Sentinel Island, and as much of the rest of the start I could do as a human before getting the battle tower), so may have just had better weapons by then.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard