Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hathor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Please Help! I don't know if I'm missing something or if this is a bug?
I've collected two out of the five clues with no problems(got Engineer's Sword + Zombie Jakes Ring) but every time I try to get the other items I seem to get transported to the Astral Plane where I dont seem to be able to do anything and have to go back to a saved game. Take Maxos Bracelet for example - I do the entire quest get the bracelet but when I go back to the entrance door it says lanilr lane but when I press to go through it I seem to be teleported to the Astral Plane. Depending on which clue it is the lighting in the Astral Plane is a different colour. I get the same thing if I try to get into the Academy. Am I missing something - is there something I'm supposed to do in the Astral plane? I've not seen this mentioned by anyone else.

Many thanks

Oh - I meant to say - I'm using the Xbox360 version.

Last edited by Hathor; 10/01/11 11:25 AM.
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
You should
fight Bellegar creatures, after you will defeat them you should be transported back

If there is nothing it seems like bug, ask support for help.

Hathor Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
No - there are no creatures. I'll get onto support.

Many thanks

veteran
veteran
Hello Hathor,

Could you please send us your savegame?

The following might seem a bit impressive in terms of steps to take, but there's a chance that we can help you out and consequently others if you could provide us with a save-game.

Here's how to get us a save game:

1. you need a USB stick

2. You need to have the latest Xbox360 dashboard update

3. copy the profile and the save game to the USB stick

a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
c. select USB storage drive
d. select configure now
e. go to system setting
f. go to memory
g. Select all devices
h. Select gamer profiles
i. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
j. Select move (WARNING Don't forget that you'll need to move it back afterwards!!!)
k. Select memory unit
l. Press back until you are at all devices screen again
m. Select games
n. Select Divinity II DKS
o. Select the save game that is problematic
p. Select copy
q. Select memory unit
r. Remove the USB stick

4. Install a 3rd party software: http://halo.gruntmods.com/Files/Xtaf_Release_Gui_.rar

5. insert usb stick in pc
a. run program
b. select file
c. select open drive
d. in the file system view you should have a folder named Data Partition now.
e. open that and right click on the content folder and select extract.
f. save the content folder to your drive
g. rar/zip it and mail it to support@larian.com
6. Move back your profile from the USB stick afterwards to the Xbox360!!!
a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
c. select USB storage drive
d. Select gamer profiles
e. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
f. Select move
g. Select hard drive

Thanks in advance,
Lynn

If you have questions, please email support@larian.com to ensure the fastest service possible and please also reference this forum thread.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I have the same problem - if I try to go through the academy or after finishing the fifth clue (maxon) it transports me to atral plane, but no Bellegar or anything for that matter. I have all 5 items. This is Steam verision (PC) so both add-on are embedded. The Flames of Vengence patch does not see the game on my machine so it will not install.
Does anyone have solution? Website says customer support will be available once US game is release, which it obviously is. Help.

Hathor #438060 06/02/11 09:26 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
OK call me simple call me stupid. I am in the Champion Academy and have fought skeletons and see hands of different colours. Also found some pressure plates. But what the heck am I actually doing here?

Other answers to Champion Academy here all talk of orbs and clues. But I am not even that far. All I was doing was helping the tree and killing undead for quest. There are still lots of other quests I need to finish off and I have not completed the orb quest yet either.

So anyway, now I am fighting endless undead in the Champion Academy and there is no hint or clue as to what I am supposed to do about those multicoloured hands. The game suddenly jumped to Beligar, then it suddenly jumped to Champion Academy. http://www.larian.com/forums/images/icons/default/crazy.gif

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm having the same problem, after completing the mission where you fight halliwell in the circle of trust inn. I go to leave the inn and get transported to the plane of hypnerotomachia and there's nothing there.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Please send us your savegame, so we can have a look at the issue and help you out.

support@larian.com

Originally Posted by Ghostwhisperer
OK call me simple call me stupid. I am in the Champion Academy and have fought skeletons and see hands of different colours. Also found some pressure plates. But what the heck am I actually doing here?

Other answers to Champion Academy here all talk of orbs and clues. But I am not even that far. All I was doing was helping the tree and killing undead for quest. There are still lots of other quests I need to finish off and I have not completed the orb quest yet either.

So anyway, now I am fighting endless undead in the Champion Academy and there is no hint or clue as to what I am supposed to do about those multicoloured hands. The game suddenly jumped to Beligar, then it suddenly jumped to Champion Academy. http://www.larian.com/forums/images/icons/default/crazy.gif

This should help you with the Champion Academy. My vid for All Orbs & Puzzle

There are links in that vid that will lead you to what happens after that.

My name is Legion: for we are many.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
@Ghostwhisperer - I don't think you're really supposed to go into the Champion Academy at that point in the game. I mean, well, you can, but don't even worry about those hands holding the colored orbs - in order to solve that puzzle, you need an item you don't have access to yet. Kill whatever undead you want, then leave. You'll go back there later.

That's generally true of this game - you can often come across puzzles you just can't solve yet. If you don't know how to solve something yet, and you have others things to do, just go do the other things. Odds are that while doing the other things, you'll find clues or items you need to complete the puzzle/question you couldn't earlier.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard