Print Thread
#392512 17/11/09 04:31 AM
Z
Zaypher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hi all, i am stuck with the larian armor easter egg.
I already have the following in my inventory
a)the four ropes from the room
b) exactly 2002 gold
c) five ales from Rimmer
d)one teleporter stone.
i already strip myself naked to contain only the above items but still cannot get the portal stone to teleport me to the larian armor place.

Where have i gone wrong?

Support
Support

So the teleporter pad is just sending you outside the cave?

Do you have the Silver Breastplate and 4 treasure maps (one of which is called a scroll)? These are also required.

Have you opened all 4 maps? If you have them and the teleporter pad still isn't working properly, maybe the quest status is updated when they are read, or something.

Are you sure you didn't have any rope in your inventory, that may have gotten mixed up with the 4 in that room? I guess if you got rid of the rest of your inventory, you wouldn't have other alcohol, or extra gold hidden under something, etc.

Silver Armour and Treasure Maps

If nothing else works, there are a couple options:

If you are comfortable hex editing you can get into the easter egg area that way. You will need the 4 rope to get around easily, so hopefully they were not part of your problem.

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

You could download the inventory files to get the required items long enough to use the teleporter pad. See the topic below for details, but in this case you would save under a new name, backup your inventory files and replace them with the downloaded ones (search for 'Silver armour upgrade', about 3/4 through the topic below), reload the save, step on the teleporter pad to hopefully get to the easter egg area, save, delete the inventory files and replace them with the backup of the files from your previous save, and reload that new save.

Lost Items - guide and directory of inventory files

Raze #392523 17/11/09 09:57 AM
Z
Zaypher Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
well raze, i have the 4 treasure maps in my inventory, has 5 dwarven ale which i purchased from the dwarf and there is no way i can mix up the ropes as i never carry any ropes with me save for the one i picked up next to the portal stone.

Now that i think about it, do i have to activate the larian armor quest? since it is independent of the treasure map quest

Support
Support

A hermit asks you to kill the Stalker in the cave the silver armour can be found in, but I don't recall having to do anything specifically for the silver armour quest.

Someone once reported that they needed to wear the silver armour, though that is not usually the case. Maybe try equipping it, if you haven't already.

Raze #399509 08/01/10 09:38 PM
I like to tame the skeleton boss so he conjures up conjuerers giving me an army of fire skeletons. (been 3 years since i played DD and want to change that but i lost my CD)

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard