Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morbo Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
When they appear in the Hall of echoes arena. I die instantly since they do 1645 damage. Now maybe I should have put more stats points in vitality. But I don't thing that would counter 1645 damage.

Is this a bug?

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
Morbo Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
No longer needed. I used hide in shadows to hide and let my creature get the first attack smile

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
I've noticed this as well and I'm going to find out what's going on. That much damage seems a bit excessive. suspicion

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
It happened to me as well, however, I managed to fix it in a very ... weird way. The second combat is initiated, pause the game by going to your inventory and use the shield located in your quest items. Their damage levels will have dropped drastically.

-Merdarion

Morbo Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I kind of like the creative solutions tot this problem :p

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Morbo
I kind of like the creative solutions tot this problem :p

Yes indeed! I used it myself rpg006

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Can you guys help.. i think it's a bug i cant use my shield..When i press use nothing happens.. :S

Support
Support

Do you have the patch installed? See the appropriate support page for DKS or FoV.

There was a bug where boss type opponents could have over-powered attacks. The patch will prevent this problem, but unfortunately if it has already occurred in the save it will not undo it. However, if you email your save to support@larian.com, with a description of the problem, they can fix it for you.

If you can not use the quest item shield, do you have a skill point you can put into the Hide in Shadows skill? As mentioned above, your creature and possibly a summon might take care of them. A Stun Arrow, or possibly a Rush Attack, or something, may let you finish either off before they can hit you, though if they both have over-powered attacks it may be tricky taking out both of them without getting hit.

One person, with the PC version of the game, who ran into this problem used CheatEngine to fix their health until they got past Ba'al (someone mentioned that Steam may have a problem with the use of CheatEngine, though, even with a single player game).

Where's the trick to Ba'al?

[Not Sure if Bug][Spoilers]Killed Instantly

See Lar's post here on how to send them an Xbox save.

With the PC version, in XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard