Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#452282 17/12/11 01:16 AM
ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
How do I get to the bunker to shut down force fields to gain access the the rest of the map? It says go to nearest teleporter.
Is that the same as a Shrine. The nearest Shrine only takes me to places I've already been like Morgue Shrine and Throne Room.
Oh sorry this is for Orobas Fjords quest "Reaping The Seeds"
Thanks

Support
Support

You can either use a teleporter to get to the bunker (the Camp Sentinel View teleporter, on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel, on a ledge directly above the left Nest Tower as you approach the cliff, will bring you to Camp Eagle's Nest, where you can access the bunker) or it is also possible to fly above the anti-dragon shield and drop down in human form, if you find the right spot. The teleporter by the blind philosopher will be activated once you disable the barrier.

There is a separate teleporter system that lets you travel to different places within the fjords (each named camp something). There are also a couple more of the teleporter shrines there you are familiar with from earlier in the game. A prisoner in the bunker can tell you about the fjords teleporters.

There is no rush on the seeds quest, since that is a main plot quest and its solution isn't needed until you are ready to move on from the fjords, Sentinel Island and Broken Valley.

Raze #452284 17/12/11 06:34 AM
ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I need to explore some more because when I tried the leave the area of the waterfall all ran into where barriers. Which direction do I head to get out and about?

Support
Support

From the Grand Knight teleporter shrine, if you fly out over the water you should see the bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defences. There are a couple caves you can fly to in the starting section, as well.
As a human you can work your way down the mountain path, cross over to another beach, and swim/fly around to a path which leads past a mine (though not much past until you get the barrier lowered). There is a beach below the bunker which you can swim to, or fly most of the way to and drop down through or in front of the anti-dragon shields.

The barrier if you try to fly towards Sentinel Island, or walk to the far end of the beach below the bunker, is the edge of the fjords map.

Raze #452291 18/12/11 12:28 AM
ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
ok, thanks for the tips. Also, in The depleted Ore Mine at the top of the tower I cant seem to jump to those last two platforms fast enough before they vanish and have try again and again.....is there a trick? or do I just need to be faster? I've tried MANY times. Maybe the chest that is supposed to appears is not worth the frustration. Can I still complete the Book Pedestal part of that or just go back to Crabb?

Support
Support

I remember the platform puzzle in the mine was redesigned a bit from D2:ED, so it was easier, but at first glance looks like it would be harder. I think I just jumped from behind the lever used to trigger the disappearing platforms, after initially trying to stand on the edge of the platform, hit the lever and jump backwards onto the first platform to theoretically save some time jumping forward to the second platform. IIRC it was easier to just face where the platforms would appear, jump forward, turn and jump again (you can pause the game as you land to rotate the camera direction, and make the second jump faster).

In another topic describing my playthrough I mentioned getting an elder class helmet out of that chest, which was a slight upgrade to the one I had been using (I cleared the mine of opponents earlier, and left the book and platform puzzles, as well as malachite veins, until I was level 35, just not getting back until I started clearing up stuff getting ready to head to the Hall of Echoes). I don't recall for sure if there were any predetermined items in the chest, but I don't think so (in any case the DKS FAQ/Guide mentions set pieces in a couple other places in the depleted ore mine, but not this chest).

This puzzle is independent, so you can skip it and still do the one with the books and pedestals.

Raze #452337 20/12/11 02:19 AM
ljohann Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Got the barriers down and got my second seed and did some exploring. I seem to be just wandering though, unlike Broken Valley there does not seem to be a quest path to follow. I'm not in any hurry but only have limited playing time and like to acccomplish at least alittle with the play time. I need to reset skills, clean up inventory (too many potions, unwanted armor, weapons) The storage in the thrown room is great! I guess I'll just do what I can. How do I get to the third tree in the eastern part of the map. Flew there but the no-fly zone stopped me. Do I walk / swim? Need some more cash too, inventory clean up should help.

Support
Support

Explore along the path past the depleted ore mine and you will get to a branch where you can head up to High Hall or down to the harbour, each with quests and merchants. There is a merchant along that path you can only meet once, so you may want to wait until you have lots of gold or loot to trade; your runners can get stuff for you to sell, as well as ingredients for the strongest potions you can make, so you can get rid of any lesser potions.

Runners and Tower ?

Very low success rate with Fanny Blossom?

The anti-dragon shields around High Hall and the harbour can not be lowered, but you should be able to fly high between the shield and mountain to get into the eastern channel (where the third tree is for the seeds quest). You can fly above part of the shield and transform to get to the harbour, or walk/swim there. There shouldn't be another barrier in the eastern channel in DKS (there was in the original release of D2:ED, where 3 ballistas and a nest with a blue lightning effect around them needed to be destroyed to disable the barrier across the channel in the Red Hammer tribe area).

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard