Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
The suggestion is simple: Make capitals be racially neutral.

My reasoning behind this is as follows:
In the current setup and depending on where your capital is and where your opponent's capital is, you will have an additional weight to wanting to support those races. Most relevant in single-player and the fact that no capital is in an imp territory.

So I propose that the capitals be racially neutral, or perhaps your popularity in a capital built as an average of your popularity with the 5 races. To offset the effects of this proposed change, I propose that the defending party have a small defender's bonus of 50 or 100 supply cap.

This is the gist of my idea. Please share your thoughts on the matter.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think that's a good suggestion

veteran
veteran
Interesting thought. It does have some merit, the capital is your main source of income at the start.

On my second run, I've definitely seen my income in my capital drop as a result of not supporting the elves much at all - which could have been troublesome at the start of Act 2 if I didn't come into that chapter with a lot of extra cash and research. More than once I've made decisions against the faction I was going for because I really didn't want to lose any more Elven support.

I also like to think of the player's home capital as the home of the Rivellon Times.

I'm not going to jump immediately to full endorsement, though.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard