Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, I'm missing the pictures on the cards in my game, as well as troop icons. (see images below)

[img]https://ibb.co/pfwkZGD[/img]
[img]https://ibb.co/8Bv040d[/img]

I would add a dxdiag, but I don't see the option anywhere here.

Checked integrity of game files via steam
disabled AA overrides in nvidia settings
tried in fullscreen and borderless windowed
The folder path doesn't contain any special characters and my windows username
only uses latin alphabet characters without vowel mutations and no spaces.

Specs:
Windows 10 Home
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @4GHz
16GB DDR4 @3.2GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1080
Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 V-NAND SSD

Also, please help, since I really love this game, but without those icons it's just not the same!
(Got a new pc, had no problems with my old setup Win7, Intel i5 2500k, GTX 760, 16GB DDR2)

Last edited by vometia; 11/06/19 07:15 AM. Reason: formatting
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I tried adding a guest account to windows (which isn't as straightforward as it used to be) to check if that works and yes,
with a restricted guest account the icons reappeared.

Now, I really don't want to play a guest account since half my apps don't work properly on that, so if there is another way, that would be much appreciated.

Oh, I also tried changing my windows username to something simple, but that didn't work.

And I tried deleting all config files from documents, but that didn't work either.

Starting the game directly from the game folder (not through steam) didn't help either.

Guest mode: icons are displayed
default/admin mode: icons are invisible
wtf?! How, even, what?!

Last edited by Zergkaninchen; 08/06/19 05:22 AM.
Support
Support

This issue has been reported due to the number format in Windows, with a comma as the decimal separator, rather than period. The person that discovered this noticed the unit cost on the strategy map was listed as NaN (not a number), so started troubleshooting that, fixing both by changing the number format from French to English.

If that is the problem for you, but you don't want to change the number format in Windows for your main user account, you might be able to work around this by running the game as the guest user account from your current user account. That can help with My Documents issues, at least, but I'm not sure which number format the game would see in this case.
To test that, exit the Steam client (if necessary), then hold Shift and right click the Steam shortcut and select 'Run as different user' (should work the same directly from the executable). You will then be prompted for a user name and password (you'll need to have set a password for the guest account). After that, when you run the game it will save to the My Documents folder for the guest account, and hopefully avoid the problem with the icons.
If that works, you can set up a shortcut to do this automatically.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutoria...rtcut-create-specified-program-user.html

https://www.sevenforums.com/general...ly-run-shortcut-runas-w-credentials.html

You can exit Steam and restart to play other games, that also save to My Documents, so you don't split the saves between your current user account and the alternate one.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, changed the number format, which "fixed" the issue, but that is really a strange behaviour, i've never seen before in a game, i mean, half the world uses the comma as decimal separator. Also, why didn't it cause trouble before? I most definitely used the comma as separator in all my previous operating systems. Is it caused by a specific way Windows 10 handles formats?
(Also, why does it work on a guest account, without changing the number format? :confused: )

Last edited by Zergkaninchen; 10/06/19 10:59 AM.
Support
Support

There must be some other Windows/user setting involved, etc, or the game only has a problem with the number format in certain circumstances.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard