D
Diego Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Is there any way to modify companion (I tried with Character.txt
but it doesn't work).
Is there a way to change or add talents (Bully, scientist ect.).

stranger
stranger
I only know how to modify Jahan and Madora. I will give you a little bit of help how, it should be enough for you to eventually figure it out.

1)Open Character.xlsm
2) Find Henchman_Jahan_Mage and/or Henchman_Madoc_Paladin
3) Talents are under the column "Talents" (column BV)
4) Link by Pestilence so you can know talen ids. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LSXwKfmqlDCAZLlJCFyrvKslZmVK8BHlxK5K0nh0Wa4/pubhtml

Ex: want to add Packmule to Lydia Madora? then change
AttackOfOpportunity;WhatARush;ResistDead
to
AttackOfOpportunity;WhatARush;ResistDead;Carry

To change their starting level edit column "Act part" (Column D). PS If you make them level 1 they will auto level up to the level of the player that recruited them (which is great).

5) Then open up All.xlsm (its in the same location as the Character.xslm. Then press Generate. wait a while and it will add the changes to Character.txt.

6) Now you can move the Character.txt to your public/yourmodfolder. I guess you already know this, if not you should be able to figure it out.

7) To edit their starting skills you need to edit SkillSet.xlsm just find their names and you should figure it out. Becareful not to leave any empty grids on column B so make sure to cut and paste everything under madora/jahan to accommodate the removed/added skills.

**** Here are some good links for information. ****
Editor Guides & Resources (lstools on 2nd comment)
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505777

Custom Henchman Tutorial & Guide
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=508931#Post508931

[Tutorial] Main Campaign Mods
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514372#Post514372

Modding Guide if you want to mod the main campaign
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504576

Could you perhaps explain it in more detail?
i unpacked the main.pak and found the xlsm files in
Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mainpakunpacked\Public\Main\Stats
thats the only thing i figured out.

i dont know where to find the character.txt

and do i just create a folder in Divinity - Original Sin\data\public and put the character.txt in there?
or do i have to do something with the editor? i prefer not using the editor because i really don't have enough ram to run it XD

Originally Posted by MrGrim
Could you perhaps explain it in more detail?
i unpacked the main.pak and found the xlsm files in
Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mainpakunpacked\Public\Main\Stats
thats the only thing i figured out.

i dont know where to find the character.txt

and do i just create a folder in Divinity - Original Sin\data\public and put the character.txt in there?
or do i have to do something with the editor? i prefer not using the editor because i really don't have enough ram to run it XD

Do the changes in the xlsm for character, run all.xlsm (it has a button macro on it), this creates an new character.txt at the following:
~\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\Data\

Now move this and the character.xlsm you edited into your mod area in their relative locations.

R
stranger
stranger
R

Neither OpenOffice nor WPSOffice seem to be able to run the macro :c

OpenOffice
BASIC runtime error.
'423'
AskToUpdateLinks
(Help file describes error 423 as "Property or method not found")

I understand the resultant error window juuuust enough to see that it's trying to create some folders.

Last edited by RabidWombat; 18/07/14 06:20 PM.
Originally Posted by Tiaexz

Do the changes in the xlsm for character, run all.xlsm (it has a button macro on it), this creates an new character.txt at the following:

Now move this and the character.xlsm you edited into your mod area in their relative locations.

Where exactly do i put the character.txt? also do i also have to move the skillset.xlsm? i modded the starting skills of jahan as well.

Originally Posted by RabidWombat

OpenOffice
BASIC runtime error.
'423'
AskToUpdateLinks

I understand the resultant error window juuuust enough to see that it's trying to create some folders.

Microsoft office worked. i believe you can get a free trial right?

stranger
stranger
Yeah Microsoft Excel is required to do this.

Here is a link of a mod I made that might be able to help.

Custom Companions

Read the description on how to install it and download one of them and you should be able to figure out how to get your own working.

Last edited by Brazuca; 18/07/14 06:35 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I am attempting to manually recreate your file structure and ensure the files match right and are in the same locations this very moment, in fact. This sleuthing is a far more interesting process than I expected it to be. smile

Do i need to have a Meta.lsb and Meta.lsx in my data\Mods\CustomJahan folder? if yes how do i get those?

Last edited by MrGrim; 18/07/14 07:02 PM.
Do i need to have a Meta.lsb and Meta.lsx in my data\Mods\CustomJahan folder? if yes how do i get those?

Loadup: The Divinity Engine
Create: New Module
Dependency: Main, Data: Main.

Quit the DE.

It should give you a mod folder with the meta inside, you can just copy and paste your mod into that folder.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Brazuca
Yeah Microsoft Excel is required to do this.

Here is a link of a mod I made that might be able to help.

Custom Companions

Read the description on how to install it and download one of them and you should be able to figure out how to get your own working.

Any chance you could supply something like template files? I'm trying to mod this myself, Madora as tank and Jahan slightly altered mage.
I can alter the files but I just can't get it in-game...

It only created a meta.lsx file do i also need an meta.lsb file or is this fine? (do i need to keep the engine running till after it asks if i want create a new level or edit an exisitng one?)

Also i have to select both "main" things when creating the new module right? the one under mods and the one under data

got it working.
I used Istools to edit the lsx made the folder names a bit nicer with it so id get CustomCompanions instead of CustomCompanions_(random code) i checked through brazucas mod and filled in the missing lines under moduleinfo

MenuLevelName Menuscreen_Cyseal
StartupLevelName CharacterCreation

and i also made a lsb with the same data using istools :P

R
stranger
stranger
R
I also got it working, eventually recreating the tasks the macro would do and also the last few hints from McGrim.

Thank you all for your patience on this thread!

journeyman
journeyman
Ugh, mind writing up a step-by-step guide?

sure thing.

Keep in mind there might be an easier way for the meta.lsb and meta.lsx files but i don't know how and this worked for me smile

1.Start the toolset
2.create new module
3.make sure that both mains are ticked (data and mod)
4.after you click ok cose the editor and check for a meta.lsx file in data\mods\(your mod name)
5.download Istool if you dont have it
6.Open istools and select tools then unpack pak\lsv files
7.go to your divinity data folder and select main.pak and unpack it create a new folder for it
8.when it is finished select file then open lsb\lsx and open the meta.lsx in that you created a couple steps back
9OPTIONAL.now for me the mod folder had a piece of code behind its name i personally hate that. if you want it gone just delete that bit. but make sure to also delete it in the meta.lsx through istools theres 2 lines under config > datapack > datapack and two lines under config > moduleinfo
10. go to config > moduleinfo and write the following next to menulevelname and startuplevelname

Menuscreen_Cyseal <-- next to menulevelname
CharacterCreation <-- next to startuplevelname

they are case sensitive i think

11.click file then save then under the bar where you write the name select LSX instead of LSB and save it as meta.lsx overwriting the old one
12.now go to save again and save it as meta.lsb this time
13.now go to where you unpacked those main.pak files and go to public\main\stats
14.Open character.xlsm and you should find jahan on about line 60 and above jahan is madora make sure to check the name. then edit the stats in hat line to edit jahan
15.Next go to skillset.xlsm if you want to change their starting skills and on about line 73 you can find jahan and below that madora.
16.you can use This to see what the names are for all the skills and on the second tab talents. (talents are filled in character.xlsm at the end of the line)
MAKE SURE NOT TO LEAVE EMPTY LINES IN skillset.xlsm
17.when that is all done open all.xlsm with microsoft excel make sure to enable macros if they are disabled (yellow bar should popup if thats the case above the roster) if they are enabled or you see no yellow bar hit the generate button and wait
18. when it is COMPLETELLY finished. go to data\public\(your mod name) and create a folder called stats if it isnt there.
19 in that folder you put character.xlsm and skillset.xlsm and then create a folder called Generated
20. now where you found the character and skillset.xlsm you will also see a Generated folder open that and take skillset.txt and put it in the Generated folder you created in step 19
21. create a Data folder where you put that skillset.txt and again same as in step 20 go to where you found skillset.txt open the Data folder there and take character.txt and put it in the data folder you created.
22.Start the game go to mods make sure to put a checkmark in it and click activate and you're done smile

journeyman
journeyman
I know this is kind of double-posting since you replied to my own old thread, but I have to thank you here, too. :P

np XD

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Tiaexz

Where exactly do i put the character.txt? also do i also have to move the skillset.xlsm? i modded the starting skills of jahan as well.

Originally Posted by RabidWombat

OpenOffice
BASIC runtime error.
'423'
AskToUpdateLinks

Microsoft office worked. i believe you can get a free trial right?

Hmm necroing but very useful: how do you actually use the characters.txt / where do you have to put it?

Link Copied to Clipboard