Me too wink
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: This is a nice forum - 09/05/11 07:00 PM
Me as well wink
Posted By: Trippy Re: This is a nice forum - 10/05/11 12:03 PM
I finished the game last year, and still visit regularly smile
Posted By: SENIOR CINCO Re: This is a nice forum - 10/05/11 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Trippy
I finished the game last year, and still visit regularly smile

Sounds like u r due for another playthrough, Trip.

I started here just to log a complaint and never left. No complaints now, just smiling FACES SKULLS
Posted By: Trippy Re: This is a nice forum - 10/05/11 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by SENIOR CINCO
Sounds like u r due for another playthrough, Trip.

I keep meaning to (could create an awesome character with what I know now) but other games keep getting in the way. Maybe soon, but unfortunately I've recently downloaded the new "Mount and Blade" game - "Warband" ate up hundreds of hours of play time alone, and now I've got a new world to conquer. wink

P.S - I like your new Avatar!

EDIT: And anyway, I keep getting to replay parts of the game when I'm answering questions for these forums.
Posted By: born2beagator Re: This is a nice forum - 11/05/11 07:21 AM
I have acutally moved on to other games in the middle of FoV, Will finish it later. Part of the reason it lost my attention is the lack of being able to freely change to dragon form.

I still like the forum though
Posted By: Arokh Re: This is a nice forum - 11/05/11 11:17 AM
Yeah, some good people here. Too many gaming forums are full of idiots and spam but this one is good. I'm not one for contributing reguarly in forums normally unless I really enjoy the game etc as I spent all day with computers at work and had enough by the time I got home. I worked long hours too.

However now I'm unemployed thanks to the crappy British economy making hundreds of small businesses bankrupt I have more time on my hands. I'm looking for another job but there's nothing out there. I had the misfortune of having to visit the DSS office the other day for some income support benefit, made me feel like a right ronker. I was sat amongst the typical ronkers & whatnot - 14 year olds with two kids smoking and openly talking about things that cannot be repeated here. I could rant all day about that so Ill leave it at just that.

Edit: In case a lot of you are wondering what a ronker is, well it's a Northern Britain thing; it's definition is in the urban dictionary http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ronker

A ronker in a council estate about 3 miles from me.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: This is a nice forum - 11/05/11 12:57 PM
Ugh, that sounds really bad ! frown

Isn't there any way to transform what you've learned into a business of your own ?

(And, besides, I first thought you meant that this horse is a "ronker" wink )
Posted By: Arokh Re: This is a nice forum - 11/05/11 01:26 PM
Yeah, one of the things I'm looking at but I need to go on some part time college courses first. Some courses are free or have a massive discount via government schemes so that will help me a lot. Plus you meet people who might have contacts etc that will be helpful. I'm in IT / electronics hardware support which is all self taught and I have no qualifications on paper. There is a lot of competition though. I might go back into the telecoms industry as that is what I started out as via trainee schemes.

I see what you mean about the horse - no the ronker is the guy on it in typical ronker style dress. There are loads of horses on that estate just about every patch of grass has at least two. Gets worse as well, just watched the news and two more people were murdered last night near there.

I really need to move house (again). I live in an old millworker's cottage which is nice and the village where I live is great too but it's only 3 miles from Bradford. Ronkers are always driving round in their flatbed transit vans or horse/cart looking for scrap. I got a new kitchen and put the old oven in the garden to take to the dump later but I didn't have to; it got nicked within an hour!

Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: This is a nice forum - 11/05/11 06:22 PM
If you stay in IT, you could try to get an MSCE ceertificate, if you are able to attain such a course.
Here I heard that these certificates help.

Another idea could be to try to help people who have computer problems - as a regular job.

Just as a thought.
Posted By: Arokh Re: This is a nice forum - 11/05/11 09:27 PM
Yeah, the MCSE courses can be expensive though; I'm going to do Comptia A+ first self study and go from there. The last firm I worked for was a computer firm that developed bespoke business software mainly for food production lines. They had a small retail shop as well which I looked after the repair / tech support side of it. Unfortunatley the business had to close the shop so I put a little advert in the village supermarket to offer to fix computer problems. I also rent out my old house for the moment as I could not sell it so that brings in some income after deducting mortgage payments.

Thanks for your suggetions.

Edit: another murder last night, this time it was pretty horrific as the body had been tied to a bonfire and then set alight. Jesus I thought that stopped in the dark ages. I want to move as far away from Bradford as I can now. If you read the description on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Bradford it sounds like a nice place, well its not. It's a craphole. Uh-oh I'm starting to rant again. Ahem.

Posted By: Trippy Re: This is a nice forum - 13/05/11 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by born2beagator
I have acutally moved on to other games in the middle of FoV, Will finish it later. Part of the reason it lost my attention is the lack of being able to freely change to dragon form.

I agree - simply having a platform on your tower when you could shapeshift (and manage your dragon skills and armour) would have been nice...
Posted By: ilovegreen Re: This is a nice forum - 16/05/11 08:55 AM
can't agree any more.. appreciated the contributions you made.. i think i have a lot of things to learn!
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 31/08/11 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by Joram
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
Reason I keep coming back... smile

Me too wink

& I'm glad you do Joram this place wouldn't be the same without you wink

your the only one here I know to be as crazy as me about DKS silly lol

though I have'nt had the chance to get to know most of the old time vets on this forum other than you & Raze but from what I've seen your a great buch smile
Posted By: Joram Re: This is a nice forum - 31/08/11 09:56 AM
To be honest ... I registered on this forum in 2005 ... only make posts in the "Dutch" selection because of my "bad english" and I was as green as grass behind my ears about DD (& the english language), just start playing already DD then for a few months (I think) ... after a while I stopped posting and I think a long time (maybe more than 1 or 2 years?) I came back to this forum AND ... little by little I TRY to write my posts in the english threads ... !

The funny fact is that I now sometimes write down an english word when writing in Dutch!! hahaha

Also, when I write down some "notes" while playing DKS, most of the time I do it in english !
In fact, I love this language more than Dutch. The same with music : englsih is a lovely language in songs (just my opion of course, because French can also be nice & cosy hihi)

I'm sure I make many faults writing english .. but it's learning by error ! smile

But, besides I love englsih, I'm proud to be from Belgium, the land of the Librarians, isn't it?
smirk ... euhmm .. o sorry, I mean the Larians !
From "Larian Studios", to be clear .

wave
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 31/08/11 07:07 PM
Well Joram I think you speak / write very good English smile
Posted By: Joram Re: This is a nice forum - 01/09/11 08:32 AM
After so many posts learning by error ... english is becoming my second "mother language" ... laugh

It's freaking amazing to discover "I CAN IT", after so many years as a child in school always doubt in myself what I can & cannot be learned ...
... that it was all not true ... It was only I said to myself "I can't" so indeed can't learn any other language than Dutch, and also that was a problem !

Thanks to myself and thanks to Divine Divinty I start to learn not only english, but also new forum members and so many more & more self confidence ... smile
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 01/09/11 09:31 AM
& alot of people that don't like games say that you can't learn anything from games.

That is so NOT TRUE it has helped Jorum learn excelent english for a start.

& I can say as well that Final Fantasy VIII especially helped me with my spelling.

Like I said before I suffer with leaing difficaltys & when I was in school my reading writing & spelling were horrible.

When I started playing the Final Fantasy games however my reading & spelling started to inprove

yeah I know my spelling is still a bit dodgey but it's a lot better than it used to be.

So I can completeley understand what your saying Joram games have helped to inprove your english & your confidance & I'm glad thay have because your a wonderfull person wink
Posted By: Joram Re: This is a nice forum - 01/09/11 11:30 AM
Not the games are bad, but some "Minds" of people playing a game can be dangerous for themself or other persons in reality!
As long as a gamer know he/she is back in reality after stop playing a game it's okay.
But NOT if he/she wish to do the same actions in reality like he/she can do in a game, like killing, stealing, crash with cars, jump from a high clif thinking he/she can spread the wings and fly or simply think his/her acrobatic moves can survive a high jump ?!? eek
Best not to think about it !

@Divine Avenger : if I ever had some kind of Teleporterstones with me I can magically transport myself to "Divine Avenger's Little world" and give you a kiss for such a wonderfull compliment ! smile

hug

Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 01/09/11 12:07 PM
Yeah but that's true for everything, everything in life effects different people in different ways.

games can teach many things to many people, two people playing the same game might not necessarily
receive the same message from it.

One Mind alone cannot retain all knowlage & all wisdom

that is why people should work together because everyone has there strengths & weakess' & the strengths of one make up in the waekness in another.
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: This is a nice forum - 02/09/11 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
One Mind alone cannot retain all knowlage & all wisdom

that is why people should work together because everyone has there strengths & weakess' & the strengths of one make up in the waekness in another.

Hive Mind ? wink
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 05/09/11 07:11 AM
Yeah but the Borg don't count because they only have knowlage not wisdom grin
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: This is a nice forum - 06/09/11 05:24 PM
Hm, I was rather meaning - humans as a "Hive Mind". In Reality. RL.

Think about it.

Corporations, Companies, organizations - they're in pinciple nothing but huge Hive Minds.
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 06/09/11 06:57 PM
well the big companys may as well be the borg lol

they too only have knowlage & not wisdom grin
Posted By: Joram Re: This is a nice forum - 04/10/11 07:13 AM
This is a nice quiet & static forum at this moment !!

Is there anybody in here ?

Or is everybody playing the fantastic lovely funny Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga ?

"Osseous Greetings, my liberator"
signed Bedwyr,
the living skeleton Enchanter, he's o so funny ! hahaha
Posted By: Elliot_Kane Re: This is a nice forum - 04/10/11 07:29 AM
Dungeon Keeper, actually! Found about a billion player made maps! laugh
Posted By: Macbeth Re: This is a nice forum - 04/10/11 07:35 AM
*Puts on a Pink Floyd record*

Is There Anybody Out There?

wink
Posted By: Joram Re: This is a nice forum - 04/10/11 08:13 AM
O yes, I'm pleased now ... *hearing the song* !
Pink Floyd is great and love that song Is There Anybody Out There?
... and all songs of the album 'The Wall' ...
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 12/10/11 03:40 AM
I'm more of a Classical / heavey metal & rock fan
give me some Evenescence or Beethoven to listen to & I'm well happy
Posted By: Elliot_Kane Re: This is a nice forum - 12/10/11 04:18 AM
What do you think of The Pretty Reckless, DA?
Posted By: Demonic Re: This is a nice forum - 12/10/11 09:47 PM
Beat them up. Problem sorted.
Posted By: Joram Re: This is a nice forum - 13/10/11 08:54 AM
a little bit off-topic, but my wish to write this down is too big to let it unwritten wink :

A few days ago I bought the remastered Album of Pink Floyd : "The Wall" .

Ooo, how I love that music !! It's beautiful, it's great and it's magistral at the same time !! Wonderful !

I'm happy I buy that Album (I know the music because my sister has that album too and "we" played it when we were children!).

With "Dire Straits" I've the same kind of 'nostalgic' feeling hearing their songs !

@Macbeth : Thank You to let me remember about Pink Floyd's Is There Anybody Out There?
Posted By: Macbeth Re: This is a nice forum - 14/10/11 10:42 AM
You're welcome! wave
I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan, I have all their albums (including Gilmour's solo work).

Simply brilliant.
Posted By: Joram Re: This is a nice forum - 14/10/11 11:20 AM
I'm becoming a reborn fan of Pink Floyd ! laugh

Maybe some day or maybe not waiting that long ... I'm buying more albums of Pink Floys's brilliant music that sounds as talking & walking in Rivellon, that sounds as music in my ears !
*gniffel gniffel*

Yeah, this IS a nice forum ... but I wonder why it's so quiet in here ? think
Is everybody enjoying the fun in the DKS ? - O yeah, indeed I fully enjoy DKS ! What about You ?
Is everybody playing Dark Souls or Gears of War 3 or .. ?
Is everybody just waiting for Skyrim ? While waiting you can buy & play the DKS ... but I warn you ... DKS is very addictive and becoming more adictive if you progress and for sure if you start the Flames of Vengeance part, it plays as great as that the sound of your favorite music bring your Soul in the Seventh Heaven !!

Or is everybody faling asleep because of boredom ? - That, I can't believe because the DKS is on the market place to grap this Gem for a nice looking price ! biggrin

Na yeah, naturally NOT really everybody, I know I know ... but ...
Is There Anybody Out There ? may I ask .... Anybody question

wave
Posted By: Elliot_Kane Re: This is a nice forum - 14/10/11 11:40 AM
No reason this shouldn't work, so...

This is either The Pretty Reckless or a big mess of code! One of those! laugh
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 16/10/11 01:36 AM
Not Bad, I'm more of an Evanecence fan, I also love bands like Linkin Park, Matalica, Green Day, Rage Against The Machine. That Pretty Reckless is'nt bad though might have a look round the net to see if I can find more tunes by them.
Posted By: Elliot_Kane Re: This is a nice forum - 16/10/11 04:41 AM
Well, they're the opening act for Evanecence's current tour, so it's kinda spooky you mention them, in context laugh
Posted By: Divine Avenger Re: This is a nice forum - 16/10/11 10:06 AM
that is a bit spooky lol
Posted By: AlrikFassbauer Re: This is a nice forum - 04/11/11 01:35 PM
I'm into OMD right now.

© Larian Studios forums