Larian Studios
Posted By: Neofit Anthology / Director's Cut question - 29/10/12 10:23 PM
There doesn't seem to be a "General" forum, so I guess I'll ask here.

I have only played the original Ego Draconis. What exactly does the Director's Cut that just appeared on Steam offer? The extra FoV bit at the end? So if I do not have my savegames anymore, I'll have to replay the same or 99% same Ego Draconis adventure before I get to the new bits? (I am not interested in the dev console nr the making of)

Thanks.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 29/10/12 10:36 PM
The "extra FoV bit" is pretty substantial and well worth getting in itself; as of DKS, the rest of the game has been somewhat rebalanced, too, so it plays a bit more smoothly in terms of overall difficulty and convenience. I seem to recall the graphics have also been somewhat improved in DKS, but I'm much too unobservant to say what they've changed! As far as I know, the developers' console is the main addition to the Director's Cut, but you have to admit that playing through the whole game as a chicken has a certain attraction all of its own! laugh

Regarding the savegames, even if you still had them you wouldn't be able to load them, they made too many minor changes for them to be loadable; but you can launch straight into FoV without having to go through ED first.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 11:04 AM

Check your game library on Steam; anyone who bought D2:ED or DKS on Steam should have D2:DC listed now.
Posted By: Neofit Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Raze

Check your game library on Steam; anyone who bought D2:ED or DKS on Steam should have D2:DC listed now.

Wait, if I had bought D2:ED from Steam I would have received the DC for free, but since I got the boxed version I don't qualify? Shame!
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 01:15 PM

Email Larian (support@larian.com) with the SecuROM key for the PC retail version of D2:ED or DKS to get a voucher for D2:DC from the Larian Vault.

Anyone who bought FoV or DKS from the Vault should already have D2:DC added to their games list.
Posted By: Joram Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Neofit

Wait, if I had bought D2:ED from Steam I would have received the DC for free, but since I got the boxed version I don't qualify? Shame!

Be happy you can get the DC via simply send an email to larian ... I can get nothing "extra" buying Divinity twice (Ego Draconis and later on DKS(with FoV)) on Xbox360 ...
I hope someone of the librarians read this post and give me that 130 pages book that is included with the Anthology. I want read it, from page zero to page 130 ! smile
Is this possible ?
If you wish I can come to Ghent to the Studio ! grin
Posted By: hrrvhr Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Vometia

Regarding the savegames, even if you still had them you wouldn't be able to load them, they made too many minor changes for them to be loadable; but you can launch straight into FoV without having to go through ED first.

Actually all saves seems to be working for me.
Posted By: Zerael Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 07:02 PM
Well, I'm not able to write in the official announcement, so I'll say it here: thanks fot this gift, Larian ^_^

I have the DKS-steam version and I'm surprised to see the DC edition for free in my game list. When DC was announced, I decided not to buy it because the english-forced issue, but I was curious to see the range of console commands. I'm afraid I'm eager to play as a chicken or a Dragon in Broken Valley xD

So, well, thanks again ^_^
Posted By: Robynah Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 07:13 PM
Where do we find the securom key? I just dug out the box/disk and manual for ED and I don't see anything.

The only code I have is for FoV which I obtained via gamersgate.

Is it something in the registry because I'm not sure what I'd be looking for there.
Same problem; where to find the securom key(s). I've looked in my registry under securom, but I cannot access the license page.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 30/10/12 11:05 PM

hrrvhr;
Saves from the original release of D2:ED are not compatible with DKS / D2:DC.

Zerael;
What "english-forced issue"? The retail anthology was in English, but included Steam codes for the games, as well.

Robynah, Dungeoncrawler;
Isn't it on the back page of the manual? I think I saw a readme file that said that, anyway. I played the XBox version of D2:ED and DKS.

I'm not sure what is going on yet with digital distributions other than Steam and the Vault. I'm sure Larian will announce more information as it becomes available.

Dungeoncrawler, welcome to the forum. wave

Robynah, Dungeoncrawler;
Isn't it on the back page of the manual? I think I saw a readme file that said that, anyway. I played the XBox version of D2:ED and DKS.
Dungeoncrawler, welcome to the forum. wave

Thanks for the welcome. The back of the manual (pic included) is empty with the exception of the trademarks at the very bottom and some copyright stuff frown. I have emailed support directly so hopefully I'll get a response soon. Thanks for trying to help.

[Linked Image]
Don't count on it. I have the same problem, tried the support route and they've been spectacularly unhelpful.

For example:

"If you bought this on the day of release, the serial key should be on the back of the manual or on the inside of the box (perhaps below the DVD itself). You have to understand that, without a serial key as proof, we cannot offer a voucher for D2 DC."

And

"As I stated in the previous mail, without a serial key, we cannot offer the upgrade to Divinity 2: Developer's Cut.
I apologize for any inconvenience."

As a longtime Larian fan I am very disappointed in them. They could take some tips from CD Project on how to treat their customers.
^^ The above method I posted with the addition of my email address was suffice for cd project to send me a key for a free copy of witcher 2 ee. I would hope lacking a product key, which it would appear was not supplied in the first place, a pic of the game-disk with personal details would be a acceptable replacement as proof of purchase? Having just installed the game, a product key was not needed for installation in the first place.
Posted By: Zerael Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 01:15 AM
@Raze: Developer's Cut does not have spanish language. There are ways to insert spanish texts on it, but the game, per se, does not have the option to swtich it. (That's why I said "forced", since english is the only other language I can read).

Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 01:33 AM
Zerael;
Larian did say additional language support was possible. There are Spanish and Italian versions of DKS, so there could potentially be updates for D2:DC, assuming no technical or legal issues prevent it (Larian has to secure the right to use the localization for a new release from the relevant publisher, etc).

Dungeoncrawler;
Did you check the inside of the back cover, etc?
Zerael;
Dungeoncrawler;
Did you check the inside of the back cover?

Yea, all the normal places smile. Installation did not ask for one making me think one was not included. However it wouldn't be the first time someone has forgot to include a product key by mistake. What's strange is the developers are asking for a securom key to validate for developer upgrade. Is a securom key the same as a product key?

edit - I just noticed I'm probably not in the right thread for my game version - srry gents.

Email Larian (support@larian.com) with the SecuROM key for the PC retail version of D2:ED or DKS to get a voucher for D2:DC from the Larian Vault.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 01:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, I checked my original ED disc, box and manual (it's the PC version) and there's no sign of any key in mine either. Not that if affects me since I bought the Anthology separately, but just for the record...
Someone needs to explain that to support. There is NO number.

I'm double screwed because I also bought the D2/DKS digital version from Amazon and chose the drm free version instead of Steam so no patch for me there either.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 02:06 AM
Vometia;
Yes, I thought the retail PC versions of D2:ED and DKS just used a disk check...

RichardBlackrose;
Larian may not be able to verify you purchased DKS, but Amazon certainly can. I'm sure Larian is working to get D2:DC updated with all digital distributors that carry Divinity 2.
Meh, I have the original so its not REALLY that big a deal with me. If I end up getting the developer patch/upgrade - kewl. If not, I'll live. With the exception of the extras, its really just a cheat version :P.
"Yes, I thought the retail PC versions of D2:ED and DKS just used a disk check..."

Then why doesn't support know that, instead of demanding a non-existent number?

"I'm sure Larian is working to get D2:DC updated with all digital distributors that carry Divinity 2."

I hope you're right, Raze. It would be nice to get official conformation from Larian.

Sigh.
Very zen of you. :P
Originally Posted by RichardBlackrose
Very zen of you. :P

Actually its from dealing with devs/publishers for a long time smile
See, now in my case, decades of dealing with devs/pubs makes me want to, (for the most part), go straight to the tar and feathers. wink :P
Posted By: Larian_QA Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 01:04 PM
After some discussion, we will allow people who can provide a personalized picture of the back of their box (clearly visible barcode) and with some form of personal reference on the picture.

For further info, please contact support[at]larian.com
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 04:02 PM
How about updating GOG edition of Anthology with bonus tracks from, well, Anthology? it is currently missing them and that is not rally fair too.
Posted By: ForkTong Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 04:07 PM
I think GOG does have the soundtrack files that we have on the audio CDs in the Anthology box... I can't check cause I don't have the GOG version.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 08:02 PM

The GOG version of D2:DC has the D2:ED / FoV soundtracks.
Posted By: shaf Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/10/12 08:33 PM
The Retail North American (Focus) release if Divinity II (DKS) has a Registration Key on the DVD Case stuck above the Disc holder. The Orig. NA (CDV) Divinity II release contained no Registration Key in either the Package or the Manual. I own both Copies and just checked.
Yep, I have the Orig. CDV version. You'd think that Larian would have known this about their own product and not demanded their customers provide proof that was impossible to provide... Just sayin'. :P

Still, at least they came up with a compromise solution. (Puts tar and feathers back in storage. ;-) :P )
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 01/11/12 12:26 AM

Thanks for checking.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 01/11/12 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by ForkTong
I think GOG does have the soundtrack files that we have on the audio CDs in the Anthology box... I can't check cause I don't have the GOG version.

Last time I checked there was no so-called "bonus" tracks, just FoV/ED OST.
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
After some discussion, we will allow people who can provide a personalized picture of the back of their box (clearly visible barcode) and with some form of personal reference on the picture.

For further info, please contact support[at]larian.com

I have already contacted larian support via email, but wanted to publicly commend this decision. I understand it would have been just as easy to go the other way with this. Once again, thank you for understanding our plight. I certainly appreciate the thoughtfulness behind it.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 01/11/12 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by RichardBlackrose
Yep, I have the Orig. CDV version. You'd think that Larian would have known this about their own product and not demanded their customers provide proof that was impossible to provide... Just sayin'. :P

I suspect that the presence of a serial number or lack thereof is probably another random act of the publishers, most likely...

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler
I have already contacted larian support via email, but wanted to publicly commend this decision. I understand it would have been just as easy to go the other way with this. Once again, thank you for understanding our plight. I certainly appreciate the thoughtfulness behind it.

Yeah, agreed. Good call, guys. smile
Posted By: Neofit Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 01/11/12 07:04 PM
Thank you Larian for being good sports and letting us get the DC for free.

Question about the "FoV bit". Compared to D2:ED, FoV is an extra adventure at the end, after the final ED boss fight?

Edit: I've just installed and saw that there is an option to start a FoV campaign. So it is separate from the main game? No way to do the main campaign, and carry your stats and loot over to FoV?

Also, 3 years later, you still can't do proper anti-aliasing smile.
Posted By: vometia Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 01/11/12 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Neofit
Thank you Larian for being good sports and letting us get the DC for free.

Question about the "FoV bit". Compared to D2:ED, FoV is an extra adventure at the end, after the final ED boss fight?

Edit: I've just installed and saw that there is an option to start a FoV campaign. So it is separate from the main game? No way to do the main campaign, and carry your stats and loot over to FoV?

Also, 3 years later, you still can't do proper anti-aliasing smile.

FoV is very much a continuation of ED: indeed a few people haven't realised that they've transitioned from ED into FoV. But it is possible to launch straight into FoV with a bit of a blank slate, being given a bunch of points to allocate and money to spend on equipment.

And, yeah, anti-aliasing, though they're not alone there...
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 01/11/12 10:28 PM
Also, 3 years later, you still can't do proper anti-aliasing

Three years later, it is still the same game engine. From Antialiasing and Depth of Field do not work?

Originally Posted by Bvs
Hi,

Unfortunately we don't support hardware MSAA in our game. Without going into too much technical detail, this is because of the fact that we are using a deferred rendering system and Directx9. It was a trade-off we made when designing the engine.
What we did do, is try to compensate the lack of MSAA by doing anti-aliasing as a post-process effect in the game via a shader. The effect is subtle but we felt it was enough to help some people.
If you feel that the setting absolutely does nothing for you though, then this is an issue we have to look into.

Concerning the depth of field: the effect works but is only activated during in-game dialogs.

If you have any more questions regarding this, feel free to ask them.

Posted By: Robynah Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 02/11/12 03:43 AM
There's always FXAA

It makes the text a little fuzzy but otherwise works great
If you are using nvidia hardware, you can force through nvinspector. Use the aa flag 0x0000F0C1. I have 2x Multisampling with 2x sparce grid supersampling. Adds a great aa effect, but you will need a decent rig to run these settings.
Did anyone that has supplied the dvd barcode received their voucher yet? Haven't received mine yet and wanted to gauge the time frame for another email to support? Thanks.
Posted By: Larian_QA Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 05/11/12 01:22 PM
We were closed for a long weekend (national holiday here in Belgium). Everyone that contacted support for a DC voucher, should now have received it.
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 09/11/12 08:55 AM
Bumping because still hoping to get some update/answer for this: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=458826#Post458826

Larian?
Posted By: Macbeth Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 09/11/12 09:50 AM
The boxed version of the Divinity Anthology features a couple of exclusives, which are:
  • Its two soundtracks: Musica Divina & Musica Obscura (different from the GoG downloadable ones that come with Developer’s Cut).
  • Two double sided posters.
  • Divinity stickers.
  • The physical version of the Developer’s Journal.
  • DLC items for Dragon Commander and Original Sin.
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 09/11/12 05:35 PM
I know that, Macbeth. That's why I brought it up - the GoG edition misses bonus track which is not a big deal in general to add them but quite a difference for those who own digital copy.

I could torrent it of course but why.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 13/11/12 06:51 PM
Version control over multiple digital stores is quite an interesting logistics operation, one that is easy to underestimate. No promises Kein, but we'll try to get it fixed.
Posted By: JaxMetal Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/12/12 12:37 AM
It has been quite some time since this was posted. As the year ends, may I ask what happened to attempting to get other digital distributors "up-to-date"? I have been patient waiting for some update in my digital account, but finally contacted Amazon Digital Services about my DRM-free purchase, and was told - in a very generic fashion - that they had no idea what I was talking about, and to contact you regarding any possible additional downloadable material.

Amazon did provide us unique order #'s, multiple email confirmations, and the ability to re-download; couldn't forwarding the original order confirmation emails and/or screenshots from our digital accounts (which shows our name and the order #/game name, along with a download link) be considered by Larian for proof? It wouldn't be a huge programming step to create a small database to store Amazon order #'s (which are 18 digits) so that the same order # could not be "redeemed" twice; I doubt that the response would be overwhelming, but it would still be very much appreciated by those of us who purchased the game this way, as opposed to having to pay another $20 to get this material. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for a great game.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 31/12/12 01:10 AM
what happened to attempting to get other digital distributors "up-to-date"?

I believe the deal with Amazon was handled by the publisher, so they would have to be involved in any updates. I'll check on that...

having to pay another $20 to get this material

D2:DC is only $10 with GOG's current sale (50% off almost everything, plus daily deals, until the 3rd).

Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 04/01/13 01:26 AM

FWIW, MysterD reported in the GOG forum that an Amazon rep in the Cheapassgamer forum was going to contact Focus about getting the Developer's Cut version (here).
Posted By: Kein Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 04/01/13 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Version control over multiple digital stores is quite an interesting logistics operation, one that is easy to underestimate. No promises Kein, but we'll try to get it fixed.

Still waiting on this, though.
Posted By: Larzare Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 29/04/13 05:40 PM
Hello guys,
I've been lurking around these forums on and off since ... err 2005 I think,
never actually got around registering as I saw no point having nothing to contribute.

Now I got a quick question regarding the Anthology.
On the official website (http://www.divinityanthology.com/content.php?cntr=UK) it says that a Steam-Code is included but every store I visited online doesn't list that.
I'm thinking that these Steam-Codes were exclusive to the copies sold via Larianvault, is that correct or is it included with every copy and just not listed on the contents?

Thanks smile
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 29/04/13 06:16 PM

The Steam codes are included with the retail version of the anthology, whether sold through the Larian Vault (though they are sold out now) or elsewhere, but not digital.

Posted By: Larzare Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 29/04/13 06:44 PM
Thank you, that just pushed me over the edge and I ordered it.
Well, I already own DD, BD and D2:DKS (xbox version though) but having them in a nice looking package + bonuses ... couldn't resist anymore wink
Posted By: Taziel Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 02/05/13 08:24 PM
Does the new digital Version of the Anthology also have the two DLC codes for Dragon Commander and Original Sin ?. I know they are only minor items and don't really affect the game much, but I would very much like to get them with the digital anthology reward. I checked the Anthology on the main larian site but while they say all the information on the boxed (Sold out) Version, there is no info on the Digital one.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 02/05/13 08:41 PM

No, just the retail version of the anthology has those DLC codes, since they were added at the request of one of the retail distributors (see a reply to a comment in the blog post Hatching the Anthology). The Larian Vault is sold out of the retail version, but you may still be able to find someplace else with it in stock.

However, at least for Dragon Commander there was a Chinese New Year DLC promo offer early last year. The webpage is still up, so you can try submitting your email address to get in on the deal (as long as you don't mind silver instead of the gold jetpack the anthology code would provide). I have not gotten any announcements from signing up (despite leaving the option checked to get updates), so you don't have to worry about getting on any mailing lists, etc.

Posted By: Taziel Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 02/05/13 08:48 PM
Thank you for the fast response. I am sad that it doesn't have the Bonus DLC items, since I added the extra on top of my KS pledge to get the Anthology mainly for that reason (Was about to but them all off GOG when I saw that bonus add-on added). I will have to hope and maybe try ebay and see if the codes are there. And yes I already did the new year promo. Is there any chance that Larian will make them available as paid DLC at a latter date ?. Or even put them up ass well as a bonus add on for those still pledging with paypal. And thank you for the welcome to the forums smile.
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 02/05/13 09:18 PM

There aren't any plans for paid DLC. There could possibly be other promos, etc, though. Since the Anthology DLC may have helped encourage some people to go for the retail version rather than digital, personally I think it would be a little rude to offer the same DLC again before or shortly after release of the respective games. With DKS, the 'exclusive' Steam DLC equipment sets were included with the later North American Xbox release, as well as the Developer's Cut version of the game (they don't show up automatically in the inventory when you start a new game, but you can use the Developer Mode cheat window to give yourself any of the DLC sets). It is possible an update or add-on for Dragon Commander or Original Sin could include the anthology DLC, or the codes given out for some anniversary, etc.
Posted By: Taziel Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 02/05/13 09:39 PM
I hope so smile. It would also be nice for those items to be added to the backers add-on bonuses.
Posted By: virumor Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 27/05/13 07:29 PM
Is it still possible to get a boxed copy of the Director's Cut?
Posted By: Raze Re: Anthology / Director's Cut question - 27/05/13 07:41 PM

Yes. The Larian Vault is out of the retail version, but some are still available through Amazon resellers, eBay, etc.
© Larian Studios forums