Larian Studios
Posted By: Dungeon Master XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 17/11/10 02:39 PM
Once I have given her the ok Sassan runs over as you see in the picture below, the red rings start to spin but after 20-30second the whole xbox 360 hangs and I have to switch it off.

pic: http://i53.tinypic.com/21oolzc.jpg

I had the game installed on the HD, I deleted that and run it off the disc and the problem is the same.

When Sassan first ask me to summon the demon I said no as I wanted to look around and sort my self out. It was here I saved. Once I gave Sassan the ok as above it hangs. confused

Divinity II DKS PAL (UK region).

I have only been using the one save file and the whole game has been rock solid up until now.
I'm just installing it back onto the HD, my auto save which is just outside the door is an hour or so behind as I poped down here first snooping about.

I will try and get back to where I was and this time just go straight in with her to summon the demon and pray it works.
No go. Using the auto save and working back up to this point it hanged again at the same point.

I tried again without mind reading each of the Sassan's, without collecting anything, then picked the book up about the demon ect... Just hang's every time. Tested it again without being connected to xboxlive and it hung.

I have a 360 Slim 250G, HDMI PC, 1080i.

I can't go any further in the game now. frown
Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 17/11/10 03:34 PM
Dungeon Master - we'd very much like to look at your savegame as we haven't seen this before. The following might seem a bit impressive in terms of steps to take, but there's a chance that we can help you out and consequently others if you could provide us with a save-game. But before going through the entire list, is this your first or second playthrough ?

Here's how to get us a savegame:

1. you need a USB stick

2. You need to have the latest Xbox360 dashboard update

3. copy the profile and the save game to the USB stick

a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
c. select USB storage drive
d. select configure now
e. go to system setting
f. go to memory
g. Select all devices
h. Select gamer profiles
i. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
j. Select move (WARNING Don't forget that you'll need to move it back afterwards!!!)
k. Select memory unit
l. Press back until you are at all devices screen again
m. Select games
n. Select Divinity II DKS
o. Select the save game that is problematic
p. Select copy
q. Select memory unit
r. Remove the USB stick

4. Install a 3rd party software: http://halo.gruntmods.com/Files/Xtaf_Release_Gui_.rar

5. . insert usb stick in pc
a. run program
b. select file
c. select open drive
d. in the file system view you should have a folder named Data Partition now.
e. open that and right click on the content folder and select extract.
f. save the content folder to your drive
g. rar/zip it and mail it to support@larian.com
6. Move back your profile from the USB stick afterwards to the Xbox360!!!
a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
d. Select gamer profiles
e. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
f. Select move
g. Select hard drive

Thanks in advance
This is my first playthrough on DSK.

Just looking at your list, a bit over my head. I will see what I can do. Cheers.
Hope I have done the right thing and the files are on the way to you now.

I could not send it from my own internet provider email as the file size was just over 13MB - too big.
I used MSN to send the message in the end as it allowed for that size of file.
Posted By: matt uk Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 20/11/10 04:19 PM
I am very annoyed as I have encountered the same problem.

I have exactly the same problem as the OTC. As Sassan tries to summon the demon the first words of the summoning comes up and then the game is stuck waiting for her to complete the summoning and eventually the game freezes and requires a reset of the console.

I have reloaded 3 times and every time it hangs I even loaded a couple of previous saves and worked again to this point but still the same problem. My character is level 21 and I really don't want to start over again.

I purchased the original Divinity II but struggled to play it due to the headache inducing poor framerate on the 360 however I enjoyed the game so bought the SDK version as hopefull everything was improved. So after £80 i still don't have a playable game.

I am playing the UK PAL Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga Xbox 360 version.
On a Halo LTD edition slim 250GB console the game is installed to the HD with over a 100 GB spare.
Hi matt,

It's a real shame to hear someone else with the same problem. I have stopped playing it because I had spent over 20 hours to get there. I was hoping it was just me and I could start over at a later date. frown

I copied my profile and save game to my son's 360 and it crashed again at the same spot.

No word yet but Larian Studios have a copy of my save game and I pray they can find a fix. I don't even want to start Flames of Veng until I have completed Ego Draconis side! frown

In the mean time I can only wait and pray this can be sorted some how as I love this game to death.
Posted By: matt uk Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 20/11/10 05:51 PM
Hi Dungeon Master

Yeah i've tried everything that I can think of to try and get past the problem but alas no success.

Even if I started again there is no gaurantee that I wouldn't encounter the same glitch.

So like you I hope that they make a patch for the game soon. Otherwise i'm going to return it for a refund as it's not fit for purpose. I also bought it as a gift for a friend but will return that now.

Strangely enough I actually got past this point in the original release and encountered less problems with the game apart from the terrible frame rate of course.

I wonder if it is related to an achievement for summoning the demon as whenever I received previous achievements for this game there is a long pause in the game play.

It is such a shame as I was really enjoying the game and imo it was the best RPG on the 360.
Posted By: Lynn Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 20/11/10 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master

No word yet but Larian Studios have a copy of my save game and I pray they can find a fix. I don't even want to start Flames of Veng until I have completed Ego Draconis side! frown

In the mean time I can only wait and pray this can be sorted some how as I love this game to death.

Hello,

Yes, we have received your save game. One of my colleagues is looking into the matter, hopefully we can offer a solution soon. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Lynn
Posted By: matt uk Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 20/11/10 06:08 PM
Hi Lynn

Thanks for your update I'll keep my fingers crossed that the possible eventual solution works for us both then.

Regards
Matt
Thanks Lynn, best of luck!

Matt,

I too have the first Divinity II (2009) and got past this point, got the battle tower and dragon form stone ect...I was blown away!!
I never finished Divinity II (2009) tho because silly me started to play other new titles that came out in the new year like AvP.

If you still have Divinity II (2009) trying running it in the highest screen mode you can be it 1080i or 1080p - whatever you can push too. I found this would slow the game down enough which made it smoother to play and the animations were not so quick and flickery as they would be @ 720p. For me it slowed it down enough to make it very enjoyable and the game I knew it should of been @ at lower rez. I played it on Friday and it's still a fantastic game, some day I will beat the first release, just DKS has it all and more. wink
Posted By: Lord Riton Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 21/11/10 10:42 AM
Hello, i'm french, playing the french version of the xbox 360 game (Divinity 2: The dragon knight saga), and have the exact same problem. The game gets stuck when Sassane tries to invoque the demon.

help please frown

Edit: I tryed to change some game options (difficulty, i put gama to 0% or 100%, unclicked target option..) and i even tryed to unistall the game from the HD to run it from the DVD only. Nothing helped..

Posted By: Lord Riton Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 21/11/10 11:47 AM
I found a way through it ! Affter i tell Sassane to go invoke the demon, i keep hiting the A button from the controler like a crazy et the same time keep move the stick in all directions, and it finnaly went through the invocation.

Originally Posted by Lord Riton
I found a way through it ! Affter i tell Sassane to go invoke the demon, i keep hiting the A button from the controler like a crazy et the same time keep move the stick in all directions, and it finnaly went through the invocation.

This doesn't sound very plausible. However, having not played it since Buad's Storage's glitch, I'm far from Sassan, so I can't test this. I can only greet it with scepticism.

By the way: Hello!
Posted By: Lord Riton Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 21/11/10 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Pirate with ADHD

This doesn't sound very plausible..

Well it worked for me. Probably just need to keep hiting the A button should work too, but cannot test it, i use only 4 saves and always save on the oldest save, so i don't have the save file from before the invoke anymore.

Cheers Lord Riton.

I just tried and it has locked up again.

I'll try some more, if I can get past this and save I'll be back in play.
Posted By: matt uk Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 21/11/10 04:07 PM
Hammering the buttons? Well I just tried it a few times myself and it doesn't work, I didn't think it would either.

I have tried deleting the installation from the HD and playing from the disc.
Moving my saves between USB and HD.
Loading much earlier saves and playing up to that point again.
But all end up not working no matter what I do the game just hangs shortly after the summoning begins.

It's definetely a glitch and I expect more people will encounter it as time goes on and they reach that point in the game. The only way around it that I can see is if a patch is released.

What I can't understand is this was supposed to be all sorted with this new release but it is clear from these forums that there are still numerous bugs in the game.

Very frustrating.
It also seems to be apparent only on the 360 version. It's unfortunate, but inevitable. Bugs and glitches are common in games, and not all are found, but that said, this is pretty blatant. Surely when testing a game, it's done on all formats?
Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 21/11/10 04:19 PM
I can assure you that many people played through that point without any problems, so the frequency of it occuring seems to be low - If we would of had something like this pop up frequently, it would've been flagged as a blocking bug and we wouldn't have shipped with it. We've received some 360 savegames now from helpful forum members and are now looking into what might be causing the issue.
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I can assure you that many people played through that point without any problems, so the frequency of it occuring seems to be low - If we would of had something like this pop up frequently, it would've been flagged as a blocking bug and we wouldn't have shipped with it. We've received some 360 savegames now from helpful forum members and are now looking into what might be causing the issue.

Do you guys work Sundays then?
Posted By: Lord Riton Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 21/11/10 09:37 PM
The game is really fantastic affter we can transform into a dragon !

Hope they will fix it for you guys, or you will miss some BIG game experience !

I played non-stop the whole day till now :hihi:

We will have to be patient any way. Any patch will have to go through Microsoft before we get it and that can take time as they will test it as well.

One forum member from Scotland has completed it on 360 and that would be the same region so as Lar_q is saying it's just unfortunate.
Originally Posted by Lord Riton
The game is really fantastic affter we can transform into a dragon !

Hope they will fix it for you guys, or you will miss some BIG game experience !

I played non-stop the whole day till now :hihi:

I have the first Divinity II on 360 and know just how good it is. wink
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/11/10 03:29 PM
I have the exact same bug in my game. I,ve tried everything I can think of but she just can't summon the damn thing. I,ve tried loading all of my four saves (the one furthest back is 15 minutes away from there) and it happens again. I didn't exactly expect a game-breaking glitch from the ENHANCED version of the game. How is this even possible?

360 PAL version
Posted By: Dragon2be Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/11/10 09:25 PM
Hello Apprentices,

As I had the same hang but found a way past it, this may serve you as well:

when fighting with Sassans lisping double, just ignore their minions, concentrate on fighting here
- when she's dead, their minions are dead as well

plus: the real Sassan can summon Razakel now

please reply if this worked for you as it did for me!
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 23/11/10 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by Dragon2be
please reply if this worked for you as it did for me!

Nope. You just got lucky, I guess. I did it 4-5 times like you suggested, no difference.

We need some answers on how to avoid this from happening cause I don't wanna start over just to get the same glitch again. ASAP.
For those of you who have had the glitch and later got it to work, just some questions so we can get an idea if we are all using the same things ect...

1. What make of 360 do you have?

2. What dash board do you have on your 360?

3. Are you on XBOX LiVE?

4. Was your game installed on the hard drive or were you running it from the disc?

5. What display mode were you using?

6. What video connection are you using be it: HDMI, VGA, COMPONENT, RGB SCART or COMPOSITE VIDEO?

Thanks.

** Just thinking aloud **
One thing that bugs me. Before I went to Sassan I spent a couple of hours making sure I had covered everything I that could do in Broken Valley ect... I found in the Maxos Temple on the Spiral Staircase on top of a lamp a KEY. I long forget from the first game what the key was for and in DSK I never found a use for it. Back of my mind I am wondering have a got past a door without it and broke the game later leading up to the Sassan glitch?
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 23/11/10 12:16 PM
Dungeon Master:

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the type of 360 since you have a glitch on your 250 GB slim while I have the same glitch on my 20 GB fatass. I've also tried different resolutions and nothing works.

Also, the key you're refering to unlocks the chest on top of the stars but since it's possible to pick it without the key you might end up with a key you don't have a use for. Same thing happened to me. That's hardly the reason for the glitch.

Is anything supposed to happen if you try "using" the soul forge book? Can you read it? If I "use" it I end up exiting the inventory but nothing happens. Is it supposed to be like this? I do remember trying to open it before talking to Sassan.
Posted By: Lynn Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 23/11/10 02:39 PM
To all experiencing exactly the same problem, could you please send your save game (see the instructions below) to support@larian.com?
Please mention "XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon" in the subject of your email to ensure fast response / help. Thank you.

Dungeon Master - we'd very much like to look at your savegame as we haven't seen this before. The following might seem a bit impressive in terms of steps to take, but there's a chance that we can help you out and consequently others if you could provide us with a save-game. But before going through the entire list, is this your first or second playthrough ?

Here's how to get us a savegame:

1. you need a USB stick

2. You need to have the latest Xbox360 dashboard update

3. copy the profile and the save game to the USB stick

a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
d. select configure now
e. go to system setting
f. go to memory
g. Select all devices
h. Select gamer profiles
i. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
j. Select move (WARNING Don't forget that you'll need to move it back afterwards!!!)
k. Select memory unit
l. Press back until you are at all devices screen again
m. Select games
n. Select Divinity II DKS
o. Select the save game that is problematic
p. Select copy
q. Select memory unit
r. Remove the USB stick

4. Install a 3rd party software: http://halo.gruntmods.com/Files/Xtaf_Release_Gui_.rar

5. . insert usb stick in pc
a. run program
b. select file
c. select open drive
d. in the file system view you should have a folder named Data Partition now.
e. open that and right click on the content folder and select extract.
f. save the content folder to your drive
g. rar/zip it and mail it to support@larian.com
6. Move back your profile from the USB stick afterwards to the Xbox360!!!
a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
d. Select gamer profiles
e. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
f. Select move
g. Select hard drive

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Lord Riton Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 23/11/10 09:14 PM
I got stuck again, later in game, in some grotto i had to insert a lever then to trigger it, then same as with the Sassane invoke bug: the view changed to the magical barrier that removed on a door close to me. Then nothing, same as here, the view didn't come back to my char and i couldn't do anything.

But i found a way through it !

When the bug occurred, i clicked on pause button (with a click on top of the right stick) then i clicked on the RB button to make appear the fast menu, then i clicked on START button to get the normal menu, and then i just saved the game.
I then had to click the XBOX button to go to the XBOX interface (Dashboard) because load option didn't work. Then i just restarted the game with this last save i made, and i went through the point where i got stuck. Maybe it will work at the invoke place too ? Well try it and tell us, someone smile

With out trying yet... Once the Sassan animation kicks in you can not pause or do anything other than press the guide to quite out of the game before it crashes. I will try tho.

Last night I thought it would be worth a try so I changed my xbox 360 language & region to Germany knowing some players have had no issues from there - just in case it was a problem with the english voice sample file but you can not load your save game once the region has been changed to something different other than the region setting you started playing with...
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/11/10 07:55 AM
Will this glitch be solved with the upcoming patch?
I would imagine so or at least I hope so. Not really much wrong with the 360 version compared with the many different PC setups trying to run the game that need tweaking.

Larian Studios post on the: New Patch

My only gripe is that for me my game is broken meaning in the future once XBL has been pulled I may not be able to play it if my 360 dies - unless I grab a spare 360 at some point and get that updated and put away for a rainy day. Would be nice if such an update could be burned to CD and kept for such a reason. wink
Posted By: Lord Riton Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/11/10 05:33 PM
Strange, i finished The first part of the game (Dragon Egonis), but instead of playing flames of vengeance i decided to restart a new char because i wanted to play a mage (my other char was an archer).
This time i had no problem going through the invoke point.

I would imagine so or at least I hope so. Not really much wrong with the 360 version compared with the many different PC setups trying to run the game that need tweaking.

Larian Studios post on the: New Patch

My only gripe is that for me my game is broken meaning in the future once XBL has been pulled I may not be able to play it if my 360 dies - unless I grab a spare 360 at some point and get that updated and put away for a rainy day. Would be nice if such an update could be burned to CD and kept for such a reason. wink

XBL, pulled? Not likely. Why do you suggest such a notorious notion, friend?
Right now XBL is so big that the chances of it getting pulled in the near future are very slim indeed. However as a long user of XBL from day one and fond of many games on the original xbox 180 it's still painful to this day that xbl one was taken down. After all it's a service I signed up for and have been paying for for the last 8 years.

So yeah everything is jolly right now, come a new xbox and if it's not 100% backwards compatible then we will see the whole of xbl being erased forever once again...
If that's the case, then wouldn't the patches and updates be available on the new LIVE? That being said, seeing as this one is so popular, probably more so than the original LIVE, wouldn't it just be continued?

Anyway, on topic: I've gotten to the Battle Tower, and despite a minor glitch where the game froze as I came out of a tower, I'v managed to get past Sassan summoning the Demon. I can't say what may have allowed me to pass. I've done absolutely everything, and there was a quest that I failed, until Turngoyn; I deem 2 skill points of more value than 9,000 exp and a non-rare weapon.

One thing of note I didn't do, was killing Casper via the chicken. I have the achievement, but it froze after when I went into Buad's Storage. I reloaded and left him alone.

I'm afraid I have no clue as to a solution on the temporary basis. I myself was hesitant on doing it, but eventually I persuaded myself to just go through, to deal with it if it went south.

I'm sorry you're one of the unfortunates.
Posted By: ForkTong Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 02/12/10 11:07 AM
As lar_q has already mentioned, there's people looking into this. Obviously, even if it doesn't block everyone, it is a blocker for some players. So rest assured, we won't release an XBOX patch without this taken care of.

In the meanwhile, code and design told me that the reason might be memory or streaming. They asked me to tell you or ask you the following:

1. Try to save as close to the room where the demon is summoned as possible.
2. Or better yet: try to save inside the room.
3. Even better: try to save inside the room _just before_ the demon is summoned, with your back and camera away from the point he is summoned at.

As soon as you think you have a good save, restart your 360 and see if that helps anything.

Feedback on this idea is much appreciated! It would help the team in finding the cause of this hard to reproduce bug. (It's hard to reproduce on a devkit/testkit.)
Thanks for the update. I will try some more, as you may know I'm saved just outside the room.

I still have my broken save game and a back up of it.

I have also started again a couple of hours ago with a male character, will be some time as you can imagine before I reach the same point with a new character + I'm a slow player.

There is another bug that I ignored on my first play through which has just shown up again. I will speak of it just in case.

1. Just outside the Tavern you have Stan and Ollie at the start. You talk to them ect...
2. Go into the Tavern and get the Seekers removed.
3. Go back out side the Tavern and talk to Stan just before he gets up off his chair.

As soon as you talk to Stan the main game graphics disappear and you are left looking at what looks likes the games backdrops such as mountains and hills. Stans text window is still there tho his voice samples do not play. Every time you proceed to the next text sentence the main game image/camera will change to a new image of the games background.

You can go through Stan's text all the way to the end tho none of the voice samples will play. At the end, give it half a second or so once it exits the text window - the surrounding area draws back up. This is not game breaking in any way, but a bug that may upset other things maybe? Just thought I would share just in case it's been missed or linked in anyway.
Posted By: matt uk Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 02/12/10 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by ForkTong
As lar_q has already mentioned, there's people looking into this. Obviously, even if it doesn't block everyone, it is a blocker for some players. So rest assured, we won't release an XBOX patch without this taken care of.

In the meanwhile, code and design told me that the reason might be memory or streaming. They asked me to tell you or ask you the following:

1. Try to save as close to the room where the demon is summoned as possible.
2. Or better yet: try to save inside the room.
3. Even better: try to save inside the room _just before_ the demon is summoned, with your back and camera away from the point he is summoned at.

As soon as you think you have a good save, restart your 360 and see if that helps anything.

Feedback on this idea is much appreciated! It would help the team in finding the cause of this hard to reproduce bug. (It's hard to reproduce on a devkit/testkit.)

I tried all of the above but its still not working though.
Posted By: Doggen Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 02/12/10 04:08 PM
Suggestions didnt work for me

I tried :

1. killing Sassan lookalike - answer 'No" on Sassan - face a wall corner (my back to the summoning circle) and save. Restart xbox and game - talk to Sassan to summon -> freeze
2. killing Sassan lookalike - answer 'yes' immediately on Sassan -> freeze
3. my save-game just outside the room. Run al the way back to the sentinel island door.Exit it. Re-enter, kill lookalike, answer 'yes" immediately --> freeze
4. making sure my xbox was disconnected from xboxlive while trying. Tought maybe an achievement issue or so. --> freeze

anymore suggestions ?
Video Replay of: Sassan can't summon demon

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcjhUBQmr0

I thought I'd make a quick vid so you guys can see it for your selfs. The video is Unlisted so only people with the link and view it. If you want me to delete it let me know and I will do so ASAP.

Sorry for poor image quality and sound. Using a Mountain Bike Action cam as thats all I have to record 360 footage.

I spent a couple of hours messing about and still could not pass this point. Even as far as copying save game and profile to an official 360 memory card and loading it up on a 1st gen 20gig 360 and the same thing happened.

In the video my save is BAG on the point of the Sasan animation when it loads. Moments later your see only the 360 guide button works. After a while you will see the fire spin around Sassan stops moving. It's at this point the whole 360 has locked up - I put my hand and pad in front of the screen so you can see it's not the movie that has stopped.

I also tried forcing Good and Bad Sassan's over to the other side of the room so Good Sassan would have to run all the way around to Summon the Demon and it hung again.
Posted By: Doggen Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 02/12/10 07:05 PM
dungeon master
in this room the door closes when the scenematic with the sassan lookalike starts.
But there is also another door in this room, for which you need a key it seems.

Did you have the key?
I have no idea where to find the key.

Hope they find a workaround soon. Starting tomorrow on i have 4 weeks of holiday. Would hate to waste it on Fable III. I was just getting into this game and loving it.

From memory from the first game, once you kill the demon the other door opens up. No key needed. I've been past here before on Divinity II: Ego Draconis any way. I say no more other than the game has not even started yet until you get past this part!!! wink
Posted By: Greever Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 03/12/10 09:39 AM
Dungeon Master,

Thanks to the savegame you sent us we can reproduce this on our side. We are hard working on a fix but I can give you no ETA as of yet I'm afraid.

The moment we have it resolved, we'll let you know.
Originally Posted by Greever
Dungeon Master,

Thanks to the savegame you sent us we can reproduce this on our side. We are hard working on a fix but I can give you no ETA as of yet I'm afraid.

The moment we have it resolved, we'll let you know.

Ah, it sounded for a moment you guys could not replicate it on your dev machines. Let me know if you want the video deleted as I am not here to promote a strange bug as many people do not have it. If not I'll leave it for a while so people can compare with their own saves. Once fixed I can remove it for sure as it has no real use.

Cheers! I've started again so from now till the new year or what ever should be enough time for me to get back up there with a new character. smile
Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 03/12/10 10:57 AM
We actually have an idea - is it possible that you spent a lot of time in Broken Valley & Sentinel island before moving into the tower, say over 40 hours ?
You could be right. As well as a family & 2 children I suffer with anxiety & depression. I play for so long leaving the 360 on. The game goes into Auto Pause while I pop out for a smoke and before I return time has past by... I waste time away from the 360 until I feel ready to return. Thats why I'm slow player.

Plus being remastered I checked anything and everything twice over, also found some new surprised along the way I missed in the first game.

I thought the time displayed next to the NPC chat log was the running game timer? I will try to be quicker. smile
Posted By: DeTard Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 03/12/10 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Doggen
dungeon master
in this room the door closes when the scenematic with the sassan lookalike starts.
But there is also another door in this room, for which you need a key it seems.

Did you have the key?
I have no idea where to find the key.

Hope they find a workaround soon. Starting tomorrow on i have 4 weeks of holiday. Would hate to waste it on Fable III. I was just getting into this game and loving it.

On my second time through the game I did EXACTLY what you just did. Strangely I figured it out on my first game very quickly. The confusion comes from the room being identical coming from either end of the room and the cutscene changing your perspective for you. The door you enter gets closed and locked (the one you keep trying to open up) and the one that is open is where you need to proceed. It leads to a different elevator. I felt like such a fool when I did this, so I'm almost glad someone else ran into this same confusion. smile

So no bug, just a couple confused players.
One side has a candle table which will become the exit door side, the other side does not which is the way you come into the room. wink
Posted By: HeartKode Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 03/12/10 10:53 PM

What's work when you build games for a living smile

Seriously though, we got the issue pretty much figured out. It occurs roughly when you pass the 70 hour gaming mark (console-on/game time, including paused mode time), and only in certain scenes. That's why it was never reproduced during our in-house testing. Should be fixable through code though, and it's good news for your save-games and the 360 crowd.
Ah AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

In future I will just save and turn my 360 off or exit the game. Very strange bug but glad you have found it and with the guys in the USA waiting for their version then every little helps to make it more perfect for them!

CHEERS! horsey thankyou claphands celebrate party cheer woehoe groovy
Posted By: DeTard Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 04/12/10 05:52 PM
lol I have a friend in France considering buying this game but I will have to warn him about his gameplaying habits because of this. It's not uncommon for him to start up a game, play for 5 min, get in the middle of a dialog, and then alt+tab back out (he's on PC obviously, not sure it'll effect it the same way) and watch videos on the internet for hours. While it might not effect the PC, I'll be sure to warn him that he needs to change his habits just to stay on the safe side.
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 12:36 AM
I'm not quite sure how long it took me to reach that point in the game but it was definitly a LONG time. I always try to check every little detail before venturing forth. I deleated my savegames out of frustration but as long I don't have to worry about it happening again I'll restart the game with a different character. I tried playing the expansion only but it just felt wrong starting a game with a new level 35 character. I want to REACH the expansion and not just play it.
Posted By: Lord Riton Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 07:51 AM
I also had the bug with my first char i made, and it took me a long time too to get to the invoke place. With my second char, i went a lot faster and i had not the bug.

You know, I don't doubt that the very first few times I started a character, I would have had my game hang on Sassan summoning the demon. Thankfully, I felt unsure of the build of my characters and simply restarted, but I had gone further each time, enough for me to know exactly what to do, to know exactly where things are.

I'm certain that I would have had the hang, but even so, I'm only a few hours off. Also, is there a time log which tracks how many hours I've played?
Yes there is a time log. If you go to the log book and check the NCP chat log it records the game time you spoke with them.

Just note that if you need to pause for a good while then it could be best to save and exit back to the dash so the game is not adding up pause time to the overall time like me.

My other problem is that I like to live and breath in the worlds of my games as if I'm really there and will double check things over and over. And your right, the more you play and refresh your memory the quicker you can get on with things on a new play through.

I would imagine some players were also lucky for playing it on EASY, not having checked everything out, but instead headed towards the Maxos Temple very early on. I was on HARD.

My new game I just stared I've deleted the male character & gone back to the Female knowing it's linked to time now. I'm so used to her - the innocence & charm of being a noob Dragon Slayer & her good looks that it feels so right. wink
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 01:57 PM
I was on HARD.

Same here. Anything else felt like cheating. rpg001
Posted By: vometia Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Zlaja
I was on HARD.

Same here. Anything else felt like cheating. rpg001

I was on "easy". Anything else felt like getting my backside kicked. Constantly.
Posted By: Doggen Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by HeartKode

What's work when you build games for a living smile

Seriously though, we got the issue pretty much figured out. It occurs roughly when you pass the 70 hour gaming mark (console-on/game time, including paused mode time), and only in certain scenes. That's why it was never reproduced during our in-house testing. Should be fixable through code though, and it's good news for your save-games and the 360 crowd.

Thats good to hear.
Didnt knew time spend in the menu also counted as gaming time.

What is your estimate when will we receive the fix ?
I hope its not gonna take weeks.
Is there a workaround for the bug ? something i can do to just get past this bug and continue my game

I've seen in a post how to send an xbox save-game. But what i dont know yet is :
say i send Larian an xbox save-game. Can they fix it and also, can i put it back on my xbox and use it?

There are a number of idea's within this topic to try but if you can't get past then the only workaround for now is to start a new game and try to be a little quicker. Save and exit back to the dash if you are not returning to the game for a while ect...

Larian could have the bug fixed and tested tho it's based on time so some waiting, but the real hold up will be Microsoft and it could be a week or two once it has been handed to them while they mess about with it because it will be Microsoft providing the update.

Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Vometia
I was on "easy". Anything else felt like getting my backside kicked. Constantly.

Hmm...my twitching skills aren't all that great but the difficulty in DKS was noticably nerfed compared to the original. I rememeber the challenge being greater in the original game on normal than it is on hard in DKS.

Hmm...my twitching skills aren't all that great but the difficulty in DKS was noticably nerfed compared to the original. I rememeber the challenge being greater in the original game on normal than it is on hard in DKS.

I for one would like to see Nightmare mode make it on 360 in the patch - please. rpg003
Posted By: vometia Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 03:32 PM

I think that's why I'm still leaving it on "easy": sometimes it feels like too much of a walkover, but having played ED pre FoV, I think I've more than done my duty when it comes to being pwned. grin
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 03:36 PM
I for one would like to see Nightmare mode make it on 360 in the patch - please. rpg003

Has that been confirmed/hinted at or not?

Has that been confirmed/hinted at or not?

Nothing confirmed for 360, but it has made it on PC in the 1st patch that was released last week.

Just saying it out loud again as a small reminder with fingers crossed. wink
Posted By: Doggen Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/12/10 08:12 PM
There are a number of idea's within this topic to try but if you can't get past then the only workaround for now is to start a new game and try to be a little quicker. Save and exit back to the dash if you are not returning to the game for a while ect...

Larian could have the bug fixed and tested tho it's based on time so some waiting, but the real hold up will be Microsoft and it could be a week or two once it has been handed to them while they mess about with it because it will be Microsoft providing the update.

Pff, restart is not much an option.
I have bether things to do with my time.
You don't take your son to a movie where they say halfway "sorry but you have been sitting here for over 2 hours, come back in a couple of weeks to see the second part"

I understand there being a bug, a stupid one it seems, and i'm sure larian is doing everything they can to fix it asap, but to be completely honnest, as a customer waiting several weeks for a fix to continue a game i payed money for, doesnt make me very happy.
A game i actually like. I just want to continue the story, and so is my 9-year old son following my game-through

Posted By: matt uk Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 06/12/10 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Doggen

Pff, restart is not much an option.
I have bether things to do with my time.
You don't take your son to a movie where they say halfway "sorry but you have been sitting here for over 2 hours, come back in a couple of weeks to see the second part"

I understand there being a bug, a stupid one it seems, and i'm sure larian is doing everything they can to fix it asap, but to be completely honnest, as a customer waiting several weeks for a fix to continue a game i payed money for, doesnt make me very happy.
A game i actually like. I just want to continue the story, and so is my 9-year old son following my game-through

Couldn't agree more.

How ridiculous having a time restriction in an RPG game and the only solution is to restart the game again and rush through it, it defies all logic. The whole point of an RPG is immersion and exploration and taking your time to enjoy the story. I sincerely hope that a patch follows soon.
To be fair we don't know the true nature of the bug and it was not intended to be shipped out with it. All we know is it is something related to time - maybe some looping issue time wise??

Play testers have a job to do and get on with it while we at home can take a break when ever we wish so yeah a strange bug has shown up. A real shame at the end of the day but it should be fixed soon enough. Either wait for the patch and play something else or restart. Not much anyone can say or do and getting upset about it is not going to make it happen any quicker. Big respect the guys are looking into it! Any other dev and you would not hear jack, no feedback no nothing...
Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 07/12/10 02:29 PM
So thanks to Dungeon Master's savegame we found it and solved it, and now started the process for creating an Xbox360 patch which contains all fixes to date, including this one. Once we have an ETA, we'll definitely let you know.

For the more technically inclined - the core issue (and why we never encountered it) had to do with how the game represented time. Time is stored in what is known as a floating point format and the numerical precision of the format we used tends to decrease at the time values become larger. If by the time you get to this particular scene, time was sufficiently large, calculations done on time could give wrong results that propagated through the code, and caused this particular scene to lock up. The issue was further obfuscated because only a few scenes depend on this particular time calculations, so people in quality assurance never found it because they tend to go through the game as fast as they can, and even if they had the issue, they didn't necessarily run into scenes that had this problem.
Posted By: ForkTong Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 07/12/10 02:40 PM
Sidenote: QA and code did keep 360's running for days and nights to see the effects on the game, but as Lar_q says, the game was probably already beyond the scenes affected by it.
Cheers guys. Lets hope Microsoft don't take too long. Soon to be Dragon Kinght is getting excited lol. evil

Thanks again! thankyou
Posted By: Doggen Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 07/12/10 06:30 PM
Thx for the update.
I understand these kind of bugs can happen, as a user its frustrating when they happen but atleast Larian seems to do everything they can to solve them asap.

Can you give a rough estimate when we will receive the patch through Live.
Are we talking about days, weeks, months ?

Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 07/12/10 06:37 PM
Now that we know what it is, we started contacting all the people we have to contact for getting it out there. The timelines for releasing a patch on X360 aren't very cool and we'll do what we can to take shortcuts, but I think you need to count on several weeks. It needs to go through Larian, to an external QA company for pre-certification and then to Microsoft for final certification. Once we have a timeline, we'll communicate it.

Posted By: bubbles Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 08/12/10 12:02 PM
so, I know testing can't catch everything, but I hope with 360 save files the solution (or at least a valid workaround) will come soon? I am blocked for the last three weeks, had to go out and buy another game to occupy myself - and it is not nearly as much fun.

I tried all 'magic' suggestions from this forum and the french forum to deblock - nothing works for me
I tried going back to old save and replaying, no joy
I also tried getting rid of creature on the theory that one demon might be blocking the other...

was playing french version on two year old xbox360
I have played ego draconis old version through to end ( I bought new version to have more dragon fun, I thought the old version ended too soon, I just got my good powers and poof it was done)

thank you for putting resources on this fix, hope for news soon
Posted By: bubbles Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 08/12/10 12:11 PM
sorry didn't see last mage that you had found fix and great explanation of the problem, thanks

waiting impatiently with dragon dreams
Team Larian Studios.

Might be an idea to make a sticky topic for the time being to cover the problem and everything you guys had said that a fix is on it's way just so people can see the facts. The more we post the more some readers may miss the real news and info they are after.
Posted By: pheathar Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 21/12/10 07:12 PM
I'm having the same problem. Any news on an ETA for the patch?
Posted By: Rewmac Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/12/10 02:06 AM
It's my first time playing the game. I'm on the Island now just before the quest to open the magical barrier to get to the tower. I wanna finish up some quests. Do we know which scenes are effected by the time factor? I just started the game today played for around 10-12 hours. I didn't rush, but I still have some sidequests I want to solve.
Posted By: pheathar Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/12/10 01:21 PM
This is a game breaking bug! down

Since we can't play this game any more, how will we know if the patch has been released?

Could you please send an email to every user that has reported this issue once the patch for the XBOX 360 is released?

Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/12/10 02:03 PM
The patch is currently being tested at the publisher who'll then submit it to Microsoft. We'll definitely make sure everybody is aware when it's released.
Posted By: Joram Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/12/10 02:06 PM
Great news ! delight

I hope the publisher can make short (but good !) work of the Patch, and Microsoft too biggrin
Posted By: anisay Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 25/12/10 08:16 PM
Hello
I'm in french also, and i have the same problem.
it's really frustrating. i don't know why it happened to few of us...
Do we have something in common?
an equipment? an achievement?
it's maybe silly, but i can't figure out why all the others didn't have the same bug.
Posted By: anisay Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 25/12/10 08:44 PM
by the way, i just saw a video on youtube called "sassan bug" posted 3 weeks ago!!! we're not alone!!
I know there is a lot to read here in this topic but the short answer is that if you spent around 70 hours which also accounts for pause time then this bug shows up. A patch should be available soon in the new year with any luck once Microsoft have finished testing it.
Posted By: bloodmoon Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/12/10 10:47 AM
Hi there, I find it very difficult to accept that this bug is a time issue. Having already played Ego Draconis through to the battle tower on PC and not being able to get any further because of a display problem, I couldn't use the buttons on the right side of the screen because they were out of sight, and couldn't get it to display right so bought DKS for xbox. I found it was far easier on normal than the PC was on easy, better weapons and armour and less numbers of enemies, it took about 30 mins to clear the area and get into Lovis tower, on the PC it took about 2 hours. Also far less loot to find and barrels to bash. All in all it took about 20 hours to get to the demon, which does not seem such a long time to do half the game, or are you guys much quicker than that?
By the way my disappointment at not getting past the tower yet again I won't even mention, suffice to say I am one very peed off bunny.
Back to the time issue, I normally play quite slowly because i look under every bush and rock and bash everything bashable, and surely thats how a lot of people play and part of the pleasure of the game.
I really don't think I want to have to play against the clock to make the game work, so its goodbye Larian, which is a shame as this was going to be a great game. So no stars from me.
I played the 1st release of DivII:Eco last year on 360 and all was fine. This time tho I really did spend more time away from the screen than playing it - maybe it was optimized so much that a new bug has come to light...

To be honest I would of thought if A = B then goto C. You can not enter the room until you know how to summon the demon. I guess some clever maths stuff is going on that is way above my thinking...

Just a real shame it has happened. Soon to be sorted once Microsoft hand the goods over, xmas lock out does not help with the waiting from them and I'm sure M$ more than know how to treat staff, by the book which most work places ignore so a full 2 weeks of heaven for them it is plus! hahaha
Posted By: anisay Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/12/10 02:38 PM
I finally found a way through it!
The reason why the game bugged (I'm only talking about my case) is:

After getting the name of the demon " RAKAZEL" , a voice tells you that you have to finish all the quests left in the broken valley because you will not be able to go back there after killing laiken. thats why i left sassan in the tower and went back to finish everything. when i came back (way after) to finish and summon the demon, the game bugged. so i have reloaded a previous save point (before waking sassan fantom and giving her the ring) Then I did all the side quests left in the broken valley before waking sassan and getting her the ring. Immediately after that, i went to the battle tower with her and fought the soldiers till getting to the point where she summons the demon RAKAZEL without interruption and without doing any side quest. And it worked!
To make sure it's not just coincidence, i reloaded another save point, before choosing the servants (alchemist, necromancer, trainer, enchanter) and did all side quests before meeting sassan, and it worked again.
So what do you think? did you try this?
Sounds cool tho I had saved past this point at the time so can't go back... (snif)
Posted By: Doggen Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/12/10 08:13 PM
Still no xbox patch 1,5 months later....sigh
It IS a gamebreaking bug for some people.
Maybe should remove the ingame loading tip "Look in every nook and cranny", as it only creates the bug.

dont pay much attention.
my weekly site checking for the patch and getting a bit frustrated seeing no progress.
Posted By: bloodmoon Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 28/12/10 06:02 PM
Anisay is right, her solution works absolutely, you must not break up the quest from Sassan all the way through to killing Laiken, so do everything first and it works. Thank you so much Anisay, I am overjoyed.

Oh and sorry if I was a bit hasty Larian.
Posted By: Zlaja Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 28/12/10 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by bloodmoon
Anisay is right, her solution works absolutely, you must not break up the quest from Sassan all the way through to killing Laiken

That makes no bloody difference. I had completed all sidequests possible prior to meeting Sassan and heading for the tower and got the bug. The reason why you people have found the way around it is beacuse you just reached the point of the cutscene earlier after reloading an earlier save. For some people it was a close call I guess. It doesn't matter if you take a break from Sassan before the cutscene or not if all your save files are longer than the breaking point for the bug. I never took a break from Sassan. After restarting the game from the beginning I simply went past this point of the game by reaching it SOONER. But I did everything in the same order. Just a lot quicker.
Posted By: J1g Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 03/01/11 03:29 PM

I have just signed to forum to post the EXACT SAME PROBLEM (xbox 360) with the game hanging once the summoning begins.

After searching the net in relation to this issue, i found that it was 1st highlighted back in jan 2010, and we are still waiting on a fix............simply not good enough. I fully understand that the problem is only encountered by the minority but it basically seems as if the software developer is ignoring all requests for a fix, as they replied to a post early 2010 saying they will look into it..............hrmmmmm and i see the same response on this forum......................

Suppose the people that spend their well earned / saved money on this game are not important enough for the developer to try and solve the issue.....................always a typical response from game developers when folks still keep buying the product, but we live in hope that this issue WILL be resolved, and not just to keep getting fobbed off that it is being looked into...............

These scenarios just make me sick, when the responses are just to put people off, delaying tactics, knowing that the issue will not be solved, hope the developer proves me wrong.

Originally Posted by J1g

I have just signed to forum to post the EXACT SAME PROBLEM (xbox 360) with the game hanging once the summoning begins.

After searching the net in relation to this issue, i found that it was 1st highlighted back in jan 2010, and we are still waiting on a fix............simply not good enough. I fully understand that the problem is only encountered by the minority but it basically seems as if the software developer is ignoring all requests for a fix, as they replied to a post early 2010 saying they will look into it..............hrmmmmm and i see the same response on this forum......................

Suppose the people that spend their well earned / saved money on this game are not important enough for the developer to try and solve the issue.....................always a typical response from game developers when folks still keep buying the product, but we live in hope that this issue WILL be resolved, and not just to keep getting fobbed off that it is being looked into...............

These scenarios just make me sick, when the responses are just to put people off, delaying tactics, knowing that the issue will not be solved, hope the developer proves me wrong.

At this point in time your post reads as a load of bollox just to have a dig. I have the first release of Div:II (UK) and it was fine other than the loading bug leaving Farglow, (There was a work around fix bypassing text). This is fixed in DKS!!
Sasson bug never showed up. Not once did I read anyone talking of the bug until now and do you really think DKS would of shipped with it if it was known about...

I am willing to give Larian Studios a chance and know full well what Microsoft are like and also know play testers have a job to do and rush through things having played it until their eyes bleed looking at it day after day after month (No fun testing). On the plus side the US version will not be shipped with the bug.

My son as we have 2 copies of DKS just passed Sasson two days ago and it's the first time he has played it.

Piccy: AVIT LaRgE!!! hahaha
Posted By: J1g Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 04/01/11 06:44 PM
Well whoopdy doo for yooooooo!!!!!!!

Darn right i am having a dig, just because it worked for you does not mean to say it works for all, their is obviously some sort of glitch within the mechanics of the game, since i am not the only one that has encountered it.

But their are always a-holes like yourself that just love to try and ridicule postings, if you trawl the net, you will see i am telling the truth, rather than spirt of tripe, but then again, every forum has its fair share of mouthers, and i am guessing on this forum, you are one of them.................... headbanging
Posted By: god Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 05/01/11 12:07 AM
recentley bought divinity2 and having exactly same problem with sassan on summoning just freezes up after her first words! fed up as was enjoying the game immensly! going to take it back and see if another copy will work!
Originally Posted by J1g
Well whoopdy doo for yooooooo!!!!!!!

Darn right i am having a dig, just because it worked for you does not mean to say it works for all, their is obviously some sort of glitch within the mechanics of the game, since i am not the only one that has encountered it.

But their are always a-holes like yourself that just love to try and ridicule postings, if you trawl the net, you will see i am telling the truth, rather than spirt of tripe, but then again, every forum has its fair share of mouthers, and i am guessing on this forum, you are one of them.................... headbanging

Thats the thing.
I am the topic creator and I said in my reply "At this point in time your post reads..." so you jumped the gun and it is in fact you, in your own words,"every forum has its fair share of mouthers". Welcome to the forums! hehe

I've made every effort and so have others going to the trouble of sending in our save games and if you read we have all tried to discuss the problem with Larian Studios getting involved for a number of weeks. Not forgetting you dropped in like a fly from no where and come back with the wrong end of the stick because you cant read and still bring nothing to the table. So right now we are playing the waiting game - is that fine by you??

One more time and this time read it.

"At this point in time your post reads..."
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 15/01/11 03:26 AM
Hey,

I play the German version and have the same problems with the bug during the summoning.
Where does the patch remain? Can´t go on without.
The last Posting of Larian Studios is from the 22.12.10
A feedback would be right.

Greeting

Zorrrrro from Germany

The patch is still in testing.

Link: Re: 360 patch incoming anytime soon?
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 16/01/11 03:30 PM
Ok, thank you for the info!!!
Posted By: Wizzzard Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/01/11 03:39 PM
Having waited patiently and quietly for this amorphous 'fix' to the problem posted in this thread ... what chance of a refund ... the people I bought the game from told me to sod off. I'm a pensioner and this game cost me 40% of my weekly pension so I am a tad aggrieved.
Posted By: Raze Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/01/11 08:17 PM

Last we heard the patch for the UK Xbox version was still being tested. There should be an announcement about the North American Xbox release on Monday; presumably any updates made will be included in that version, so there may be info on the status of the UK patch then, as well.
Posted By: Raze Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/01/11 10:02 PM

Also, if you email support@larian.com with your save (see Lar_q's post at the start of the topic), maybe they can summon the demon in the patched version they are testing, save and return it.
Posted By: matt uk Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 22/01/11 11:18 PM
I can't believe that we are still waiting for the fix for this problem. :o
Posted By: Knightlore Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 23/01/11 01:45 PM
Hi everyone
I know its a harsh when this bug rears its ugly head but in my case i simply started a new game and because i pretty much knew what i was doing and where i was going this time round i reached the summoning cirle a bit faster and poof no prob. It is in my opinion the best RPG on the xbox 360 by far and almost perfect ok this summoning bug is a sod but that aside what a fantastic VALUE for money game.
Now one last point everything you fellow players have faced in this adventure is nothing till you get your dragon form then ...wow does the game REALLY take off and the challenge is great, so it really is worth starting over and for those that really dont want to, then, please wait for the fix because it really will be worth it.... hang in there the game has lots more to offer and some great moments ahead..
Really sorry Wizzzard. frown

Indeed it's not nice but a simple case of starting again and trying to be quicker. If you need to pause the game for a while then save it and quit back out. Pause time adds up to the total overall time. Maybe a can of RedBull will give you the flames of vengeance and the strength to start again or a good cup of tea rather. As already said, your know better this time what your doing making you stronger and wiser than before. smile

In truth you do not get to see all that the game has on offer from playing it once. You can play it many times and still find something new that you missed! Worth a another go for sure. wink
Posted By: Blodbad Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 24/01/11 12:59 PM
I didn't have a problem with Sassan but I'm experiencing a similar problems several other places. So much now that I don't want to play it anymore until the bug is fixed.

I currently suffer:
-Infinite load screen when I kill Stone in the arena.
-When opening a secret door in the mine in Broken valley, the camera never switches back to control. I also had this after Stone was defeated the first time and he runs through the portal but at that time I was still controlling the character, so I was able to "blind control" my him through the portal to progress.

Is there any way a bug-fix only patch could make it quicker through QA? Because this bug is pretty critical and gamebreaking IMO. I don't care much for nightmare mode and whatever else is in the upcoming patch.

Posted By: Raze Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 24/01/11 08:09 PM

Unfortunately, the test and release procedure would not be sped up very much by limiting the scope of the patch. If they were just changing one thing it should be much faster to test, but once you have a handful of changes you get into the full test procedure.
Also, MS has limits on the size and number of patches than can be released, so it is better to try to fix all known issues and include any balancing changes and feature and updates, etc, or they could end up unable to add to the Xbox version. Presumably it is also easier to base the patch off the latest version of the code, rather than go back to the release version and make single-fix patches on that.

I don't know if this was changed in DKS, but in D2:ED the secret room in the Broken Valley mine only contained a couple chests with crappy loot.
Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 25/01/11 09:45 AM
We've had to regress several times on the patch which slowed down the entire procedure. The reason work on this progresses slowly is that we have very limited space (4Mb) to put the patch content in, which forces us to use all kinds of tricks to fix certain things. Sometimes these tricks backfire and we need to try another approach, but given the size of the game and the time it takes to QA it, it happens that we only figure out that one of the tricks backfires after several days of testing.

In any case, we just got the pre-certification reports and they tell us that if we fix one last thing to do with a slider in the options screen, it should be good to go to Microsoft. Submission of the patch is scheduled for this friday, and then it should take a couple of weeks in Microsoft certification before they can put it online.
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 25/01/11 02:14 PM
Maybe you should test your Games in future , before you throw them on the market.
Originally Posted by Zorrrrro
Maybe you should test your Games in future , before you throw them on the market.
Maybe you should read through a topic in future because the reason as already been explained. Testers are paid by the hour, where we have all the time in the world to play and unbelievable amounts of time was spent doing nothing my end sat in pause mode. I never rushed and was checking everything all over again as many times as I wanted for anything new that showed up as if it was a new game. After all it is a remastered version.

Slider bar fair enough, but Sassan bug was very understandable and a genuine missed mistake that could not of been seen from testers hammering what they have been told to test...
Posted By: Raze Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 25/01/11 06:52 PM

we have very limited space (4Mb) to put the patch content in

Really? Has Microsoft never updated their limits, or do they figure people with dial-up are not used to waiting? They certainly don't mind 100MB+ game trailers and 1GB+ demos.

I recently downloaded the demo for a 16MB or so arcade game, and there was a 17BM 'update' before I could even try it...
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 25/01/11 09:09 PM
It does not interest me how Testers are paid.
I expect a "perfect" (without Bugs) Game especially on xbox for my money.
Otherwise must be tested just longer.
It does not interest me how Testers are paid.
I expect a "perfect" (without Bugs) Game especially on xbox for my money.
Otherwise must be tested just longer.
You can expect all you like but ignorance with a lack of intelligence, understanding nor reasoning will get you no where in todays world... think
...but hiding behind a screen makes all that go away tho doesn't it. rolleyes

Let me know when a full priced (disc) retail game is released without any bugs on 360. Might be worth sticking it on eBay as that will be a true RARE!! hahaha
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/01/11 04:22 PM
You are my hero.
Because you are so intelligent you are called also Dungeon MASTER instead of MASTER of business administration.
Time wait how long you need to find out what means VOLLPFOSTEN you intelligently-Beast LOL

There are examples of Games without bugs enough. The problem appears only, since there is DLC for Xbox und Co.
Posted By: vometia Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/01/11 04:49 PM
There are examples of Games without bugs enough.

Such as?
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/01/11 04:55 PM
On first xbox I can remember no Game that I could not play up to the end. You?
Posted By: vometia Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/01/11 06:08 PM
You said "without bugs". Anyway, consider it a rhetorical question, it's not exactly a productive discussion.
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/01/11 08:38 PM
Anyway I can expect as a customer a perfect product.
And this should also be with every Game the claim of the programmers.
At least serious bugs should not exist like in this Game.
You are my hero.
Because you are so intelligent you are called also Dungeon MASTER instead of MASTER of business administration.
Time wait how long you need to find out what means VOLLPFOSTEN you intelligently-Beast LOL

There are examples of Games without bugs enough. The problem appears only, since there is DLC for Xbox und Co.

Many people have found Divinity II: DKS is not broken at all so we the players did something wrong. stupid

Talking of broken games. Arcaina: Gothic 4 coming all the way from Germany I believe. It's a real shame two achievements can NOT be unlocked in this game because of bad coding errors - for some that alone is unfinished business or should I say can not be completed.

If I spent my whole life expecting perfect I would never enjoy such games as Arcaina: Gothic 4.

In the mean time the players imperfect play will be fixed soon enough with a patch so people like us can continue Divinity II: DSK from where we left off from - that's if they are too lazy to start again which would be quicker than waiting...

For the record perfection would of had you asking any issues you had with the game via the link below. wave
Link: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=44&page=1
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 27/01/11 11:45 PM
I believe you do not understand completely what it is about.
Nevertheless, it plays no role from which country a Game comes.
"will be fixed soon enough with a patch "??????? A couple of Month is soon enough????

What silly statement "Many people have found Divinity II: DKS is not broken at all so we the players did something wrong".

I should pay attention in the Game that I make nothing wrong, so that I can play it without bugs?
LOL you are really a clown!
Posted By: Raze Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 28/01/11 12:34 AM

See Lar_q's explanation above for the delay.
Also, even if MS didn't have limits on the size and number of patches that could be released for Xbox games, so Larian could put out single-issue bug fixes as soon as they were isolated and fixed, the publisher has a test procedure period, as does MS, so it would still take a month.

I believe Dungeon Master's point was that most people did not encounter this problem, and it requires are particular playstyle from the player to trigger (ie spending a long time in the game or leaving it paused for a long time). It is not the player's fault that it happens, but it is within their ability to avoid if they know about the issue in advance.
Raze,

Just being funny because Mr Perfect has lost the plot, or maybe Bable Fish is not making much sense once his words have been turned to English. Thats why I don't go posting on other region boards with the wrong end of the stick, or so it reads.

We are here to help, if it reads people refuse to understand or be patient then there is no help and you can only give up. After all am I in the same boat...

***Bangs head on table***
Posted By: Zorrrrro Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 28/01/11 04:20 PM
Especially in RPGs it is important to test all ways, because every player another way can go.
That is, what makes these Games so interesting.

And what still interests me Dungeon MASTER, ***how does wood on wood sound?*** ;-)
Posted By: Lar_q Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 03/02/11 10:46 AM
So the patch is at Microsoft and we got news that it passed the first phase of testing - they are now in the second phase which we think might be finished this week, meaning that with a bit of luck it'll be available somewhere next week, finally. Assuming of course that it passes phase 2 (fingers crossed)
So the patch is at Microsoft and we got news that it passed the first phase of testing - they are now in the second phase which we think might be finished this week, meaning that with a bit of luck it'll be available somewhere next week, finally. Assuming of course that it passes phase 2 (fingers crossed)

Would this explain why someone from Larian Studios has recovered my gamertag off XBOX LiVE on to another XBOX 360 and signed-in last night to load up Divinity II DKS? It was my belief that you needed my gamertag so you could load my save game and all this would be done off-line. I'm not happy to say the least... Do I phone Microsoft up?? Or do I fully have your trust nothing will be tampered with??

piccy: http://i51.tinypic.com/120jdzb.jpg
Posted By: Lynn Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 04/02/11 02:23 PM
Hello Dungeon Master,

Do not worry please. We did load your save game to test it with the update.
We didn't change anything to your profile. Everything will be ok, we promise.

All the best,
Lynn
Originally Posted by lynn
Hello Dungeon Master,

Do not worry please. We did load your save game to test it with the update.
We didn't change anything to your profile. Everything will be ok, we promise.

All the best,
Lynn

Thanks for getting back and the email you just send. Cheers!
Ah cool. horsey

Lynn just emailed me to say that the 360 patch has worked on my save game after downloading it off micorsoft on their pre-release patch side. AVIT!!!!!!! cheer

Wont be long now people! Next week with any luck and the demon is getting a long over due fire ball to the head from me once and for all!!! rpg003

Posted By: Smilesking Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 07/02/11 12:26 AM
Hi,
I managed to get past Sassan without any problems, but I am now encountering the same / similar problem at a later point, starting with Raze. After many hours and loading different saved games (on 2 different consoles), and a lot of button bashing, I got passed the bug, but I am now encountering the same bug/freezing on every cutscene. I won't say what missions they are as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone as this really is a good game. I have tried various quests after Raze, but any cutscene encountered freezes!
Guess my main question is whether this patch will fix my problem...
I do want to start the game again at some point, but can't face doing this just yet, especially if I know that this may happen again!

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter
xx
Posted By: pheathar Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 12/02/11 11:39 PM
hehe
Originally Posted by Smilesking
Hi,
I managed to get past Sassan without any problems, but I am now encountering the same / similar problem at a later point, starting with Raze. After many hours and loading different saved games (on 2 different consoles), and a lot of button bashing, I got passed the bug, but I am now encountering the same bug/freezing on every cutscene. I won't say what missions they are as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone as this really is a good game. I have tried various quests after Raze, but any cutscene encountered freezes!
Guess my main question is whether this patch will fix my problem...
I do want to start the game again at some point, but can't face doing this just yet, especially if I know that this may happen again!

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter
xx

Try the patch thats just been released. My Sasson issue is 100% fixed and it was said back in some early posts some other cut scenes were linked to the same timing related bug.

Fingers crossed for you, but if you have not put the game back on since then do so now and try the patched version.

Best of luck!
Posted By: Wizzzard Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 28/02/11 07:57 AM
The patch has been released??? Where when by whom ... where can I get it ?
Hi, this is my first time on a forum so if I have the wrong protocol forgive me. I am having the problem with Sasson summoning the demon. I know that Larian have released a patch on X-box live but I'm not on X-box live. How can I get this patch?

Posted By: Raze Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 28/02/11 08:36 PM

Wizzzard;
With your Xbox online, starting the game should automatically check for an update, and prompt you to download the patch. For the PC version, check here.

Starbuck1951;
You can download Xbox firmware updates on a computer and copy them to a USB drive or CD/DVD-R to update it. For patches, though, I think you need to get the Xbox online. Can you bring it to a friend's house, string a long ethernet cable to your router, or hook it up to a PC/laptop with Internet Connection Sharing, etc?

Try emailing support@larian.com. They can not get around MS' patch distribution restrictions, but with your save they may be able to summon the demon on an updated system, save and return that save file, assuming the patch didn't introduce any save format changes.
See Lar's post here on how to send them an Xbox save.

Welcome to the forum. wave
Posted By: alfynokes Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 10/03/11 08:43 AM
Hi, Everybody what a great game this is. This is a first post.

I have this problem too. Same screenshot as the OP. So I joined xbox live and downloaded the update, as prompted. Unfortunately it doesn't work and I still end up with the same screenshot as the OP, Dungeon Master.

I have two earlier save games which get me further into the screenshot but still freeze.

I'm in the UK and we have a black xbox 360. I'm going to try and send you a save game following the instructions above.

Thanks for reading
Posted By: Wizzzard Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 16/03/11 08:38 AM
Welll here we are ... 4 months later and still no 'fix' I doubt I'll purchase a game from this company again. It really is a shame when someone can fork out £40 for a damaged product and have no redress.
Posted By: Raze Re: XBOX 360: Sassan can't summon demon. - 16/03/11 01:44 PM

The patch with this fix was released over a month ago: Xbox360 Title Update for The Dragon Knight Saga. If you are still having a problem after installing the patch, send your save to Larian (as I mentioned in my replies to both of your posts earlier in this topic).
© Larian Studios forums