Larian Studios
You may want to change your game's language due to it's translation errors (such as I had).
The game will be installed in your Steam's set language (if there is the translation to your set available).

[WARNING! SAVE-GAME FILES ARE BOUND TO LANGUAGE, SO SWITCHING LANGUAGE MAKES THE PREVIOUS SAVES INCOMPATIBLE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO EITHER START NEW GAME TO GET NEW SAVE GAME FILES IN THE NEWLY SET LANGUAGE, OR GO BACK TO THE SAVE FILES YOU HAD IN THAT LANGUAGE MADE ALREADY (IF YOU HAD ANY)]

[YOU NEED ENGLISH TEXT DATA FOR DIALOGUES AND BECAUSE THIS IS INCLUDED ONLY WITH ENGLISH VERSION INSTALLATION OF THE GAME, THIS FIX MAKES THE SUBTITLES AND TEXT IN CONVERSATIONS WITH NPCs DISAPPEAR, THERE ARE OPTIONS TO CHOOSE DURING TALKS BUT THERE ISN'T TEXT OF THEM SO TALKS ARE BLIND. I AM SEARCHING FOR A FIX FOR THIS.
THE FIX THOUGH PROPERLY CHANGES THE WHOLE LANGUAGE OF THE INTERFACE INTO ENGLISH, MAKING ALL THE TOOLTIPS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ITEMS AND SKILLS BE IN ENGLISH]

A thorough guide how to completely change the game's language is here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408165182

To change interface to English:
1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\divinity2_dev_cut\Data\languages.xml - edit this file to make it be:
<Languages>
<Language XBox="Default" Spoken="English" Text="English" />
</Languages>
2. and this file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\divinity2_dev_cut\lang.ini to make it be:
[general]
Language=en
LanguageFull=English

And that's it! Game's interface language will be completely English (in which it was originally developed and published). The dialoguedata may be missing though, so your dialogues will have options but no text and you will talk completely blind in the game. Use this guide hhttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408165182 to fix this issue (you simply need to get English dialoguedata file, I can't provide one sadly and Larian developers already once removed the link to it's download few years ago).

If you would like to switch (back) to any versions of the game's translations, simply edit the both files appropriately (works).
© Larian Studios forums