Larian Studios
Posted By: sneakypetev Sparkmaster controller not working - 10/09/17 08:32 PM
I have palyed DOSee several times on explorer mode and when I encountered the Sparkmaster I was able to disable it's powerfull electrical attack w/ the controller I received from Arhu. But when I played the game at normal difficulty and at tactical mode the controller doesn't work. When I use the code to disable weapons the Sprkmaster operator says he needs another charge but lets loose w/ the electricel charge which usually kills at least 2 of my group. I am able to take out the Sparkmaster , but it's annoying that the controller doesn't seem to work. Anyone else run into the same problem , and is it a difficulty mode thing or has an update changed the fight ?
Posted By: Raze Re: Sparkmaster controller not working - 11/09/17 06:40 AM

The difficulty shouldn't matter.

Did the Sparkmaster receive any air damage after you used the remote? That could include reflected damage if any of your characters have armour that reflects a portion of damage taken as air damage.

Using the remote to vent steam will create a cloud that can become electrified if the robot tries to use the ultrabolt attack, or the mages there try charging it.
There are also 3 levers in the cave you can use, rather than the remote.
Posted By: sneakypetev Re: Sparkmaster controller not working - 16/09/17 07:23 PM
Raze, none of those things happen. The undead operator states I am useless I need another charge, but he blasts away any how. I know about the levers, it's the only way to take him down now, it's just I remember the remote working back when I first played on explorer mode. None of my groups' equipment had anything like reflective dmg, I usually don't get anything like that until 9th or 10th level. I always have the Character w/ the highest init. use the controller so the Sparkmaster has not been hit by anything when I use it. Not a big deal , but it makes what was an easy fight pretty hard w/ the controller not working. Thanks for replying.
Posted By: sneakypetev Re: Sparkmaster controller not working - 30/10/17 12:02 AM
Has anyone else run into this ? Since I first posted this I have started half a dozen games at different diff. modes and the controller still does not work. The Sparkmaster operator states he needs another charge but still blasts away on his tun.Further info I have played the game both on my desktop,( now deceased), and my laptop w/ the same results.
Posted By: caninelegion Re: Sparkmaster controller not working - 30/10/17 02:48 AM
Myself? No. I don't recall the operator saying anything and never had an issue but I generally use the shut down weapons command.
© Larian Studios forums