Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Obvious Spoilers for Act I Below

So, I just finished my second playthrough of the early access of the game, and am so far loving it to bits and pieces.

One thing that the devs really managed to drive home was how different each of the origin stories felt from one another. Sure, yes they're all "brooding badass with major personal problems looking to fix their situation" but the difference and feel of the different characters reacting to different situations using the tags system is pretty awesome.

My first playthrough was with Sebille, which of course involved me snidely responding to every comment with angst and eating random body parts as a hobby, and my second, was with poor little Lohse.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the whole "tattoo-vendetta" Sebille has going on, but the straight up demonic host thing Lohse has going on also caught my attention.

Especially when (even after winning all the persuasion checks) the little "voice" inside her head still managed to convince her that the best course of action was to murder little Ms. Blind elf girl so she doesn't tell her what it's name is. "KILL THE ELF, KILL THE ELF, KILL THE ELF."

Woah.

So, I began to think, who the hell is backing this girl? I need to find out by going to the Hall of Echoes and having the little chat with one of the seven divine, just like the other races/stories.

But when I get there, it's just the dark creature, taking up the image of Lohse herself. Now, during my Sebille playthrough, I talked to Tir-Cendelius, one of the seven divine who created the elves. So, I figured that it's just one of the seven divine, looking to snatch up the divine power that's left out there now, in disguise. However, when I looked closely to the background of the Hall of Echoes, there's a fight going on. Between the seven divine, and what looks like Old King Braccus, or perhaps the previous divine, labeled an "Enigmatic Figure."

However, during Lohse's talk with the creature, all seven divine are there in the fight. So, my question is, just what the hell is this thing. It's worth noting that when talking to Tir, as Sebille, he made a note saying something along the lines of "Oh, you should just kill Lohse now, and be done with it."

The fact that one of the divine knows just what "creature" Lohse is dealing with, means they are familiar with it and know how dangerous "it" is. So I wonder, just what is it?

I don't think it's one of the divine in disguise, especially since it never used the term "GODWOKEN" once while talking with Lohse. Perhaps maybe the void dragon, trying to gain power to escape from that box we shoved him in? He obviously doesn't want anyone finding out just what he is, or what his name is, but sounds too powerful to be just some demon or random spirit.

Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry for the long post, but great RPG storylines like these really get me going.

~Ken

stranger
stranger
I really hope it's not Rex. Having him inside some character that you may not even recruit or choose in character creation is bizarre.

[b]Edit[/b]: And yeah, Loshe is really really great. I loved the conversation with the Seer, and the creepy atmosphere in general.

Last edited by Hodgesaargh; 19/09/16 03:45 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
I don't think it's just some demon, sounds like someone more powerful and sinister. Maybe it's the Void Dragon, Trife, Braccus Rex (groan, I hope not), Damian (cuz the bastard's still not dead) or someone else.
But whoever he is he isn't a fan of music - made Lohse smash a lute she was given by the dwarf.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Maybe it could be Chaos from the original Divine Divinity? Or even Ygerna?

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Tiaan
Maybe it could be Chaos from the original Divine Divinity? Or even Ygerna?

Perhaps, it sounded like the possessor had big plans for Lohse (like Chaos demon had for Damian). Perhaps demons want to have their own Divine (is that even allowed, lol?), or sabotage new Divine's coming.
Either way, this origin is mysterious and I like mysterious origins. This one so far is my favourite.

Last edited by Aramintai; 19/09/16 05:14 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ygerna could be ... but I think the connection is more demonic, so my money is on Trife OR The Demon of lies from the first Divinity (who IS a separate creature from the reborn Lord of Chaos, Damian). Could be fun and connect the game more to Damian.

The enigmatic Figure looks a lot like Lucian for me ... or it is Chaos himself! If I remember it correctly, the gods took The original Lord of Chaos with them and are now fighting him for over thousand years. But since parts of him can live without him (Demon of Lies, Damian) you could be onto something Kenny. It could be really one of these parts, that tries to make us into one of his slaves.

It would also fit, because the Voidwoken call us "Demonspawn", which implies that maybe Demons and Voidcreatures are also at war. My my ... maybe this story really IS complex^^.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
At first I thought it was a bit bland. But after going axe-crazy on the blind elf girl, I was hooked.

Good catch on the "demonspawn" line. Its said the voidlings only talk to Godwoken, but there might something be said about a demonic third party, fighting against the void and the divine at the same time.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
You got a point the Voidwoken beast has a quote for everyone. I forget what it says for Lohse, but it does seem to suggest she is a demon.

Last edited by Tiaan; 20/09/16 05:10 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard