Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rman88 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I have to bring this up. As i wish to be able to edit your companions like you could with your own character. Instead of just picking what class you wish them to play.

This is more or less a minor gripe but i am wondering if when picking a companions class i would be able to edit their skills, powers and attributes.

or are you forcing everyone to stick with the base builds?

old hand
old hand
In an interview one of the devs (Swen) mentioned that you can reskill your group after Act 1. It was connected to attribute points however. Wether the reskill is there and will also cover all the other aspects is not clear.

I sincerely hope that it will be possible to redeploy any point, attributes, abilities and talents.

I think we are in dire need of information about the reskill feature. In advance! It would greatly affect my choice of companion schools.

Originally Posted by rman88
I have to bring this up. As i wish to be able to edit your companions like you could with your own character. Instead of just picking what class you wish them to play.

You can actually. It is a bit of a pain in the ass.

The basic method is this:

Open a new game>Make it multiplayer>Only accessible to LAN>Character screen (Don't finish yet, maybe you can. Haven't tried in awhile)

Alt tab to desktop. Navigate to your DOS 2 install directory. D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin (this is mine) Now if your PC can handle it, open 3 more instances of the DoS 2 exe (EoCApp.exe)

In each of the 3 instances join a multiplayer game in LAN. It will usually be the name of your default profile. Choose the character you want to customize (not your main character), and proceed to customize it.

Now go back into your main character's instance of DOS 2, and finishing creating your character and begin the game. Now alt tab back into each of your other DOS 2 instances and finish creating your character and begin/join.

Once all 4 characters are in game, you can now exit the game in all but your main character's game. You now have 4 fully customized characters starting from level 1.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard