Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#618418 21/09/17 09:06 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello, I am noob at editing in DOS. So sorry if this question is so simple I might have missed it.

But I completed doing my level terrain, teleports, creatures etc. Havent added any story yet, just want to test it out in game and not the editor to make sure everything works so far. I figured from the guide and templates I rigorously follow that I needed to build my story before it shows up as a playable story in game (All settings etc are correct).

But I am having a hard time building my story, granted I havent added anything to it yet, but from the wiki and guides it seems that I just need to build and generate definitions it in order to test it out in game.

It says build failed and comes up with these errors.
[Linked Image]

What am I missing? Havent dabled in the story editor yet, but looking forward to vigorously follow those guides as well.

addict
addict
Hey skumleren,
glad to hear you've already created so many things!

If you haven't changed anything in story than a Generate Definitions and Build should work without issue. I'll look into this issue immediately.

What data dependencies does your project have? Do you load Story, GM, nothing,...?

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 22/09/17 09:53 AM.

CTRL+K the elf
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Cheers. Totally going full time mapper, lovely mapping and modding tool, but the story part is gonna take some getting used to, always had the joy of working with a visual scripting (hint hint DOS3) laugh

Origins was initially loaded when creating the level, but tried unchecking it since it removed half the errors. With origins loaded it comes up with these errors as well:

[Linked Image]

It report the same errors in new blank basic levels story dependency or not, so I assume it was none of my doings the errors popping up smile

Last edited by skumleren; 22/09/17 05:09 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I have the exact same problem, it seems to be tied into the "GetPolymorphStatus". I hit this problem while following the tutorial made by Windemere RPG on YouTube.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
You and me both brother! However, doubtful it had anything to do with the tutorial ^^ Will try reinstalling the game and editor tomorrow, maybe it fixes the problem, will let you know.

addict
addict
Hmm with Origins loaded it should definitely not give any errors, else the game would be broken too laugh
I suggest verifying the game files or reinstalling indeed. Otherwise we'll check internally if something is amiss.

CTRL+K the elf
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
No amount of fresh installs nor verification of game files have any effect, still the same errors. (It is steam version if it is any help). I guess I should get working on some boring assets for the GM Mode then I guess :’(

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
bump :')

old hand
old hand
Have you tried doing generate definitions as a separate step? Not as combined with build/reload ? I've run into occasions with new mods where I had to do it separately first.

If you want me to take a stab at fixing it I will. Upload your mod to a cloud storage and get me a link.

Make sure to send me a private message so I don't forget.

There are just too many errors to try doing this via forum.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard