Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hey,

Now I know there are more treads about FPS issues, just wanted to share some of my own experience. I also notice performance drops a lot in the driftwood town square area esp in the tavern. I know these areas are crowded but I would think my current system would be more then capable of handling it without those drops/hiccup or stuttering.

A really odd thing that I do notice and what confuses me even more is:

In combat (does not matter what battle) whenever some explosion goes off or a spell/attack or anything hits a character/enemy or a group there is random FPS drop. It can be a simple crit attack with just an arrow or a big explosion. One time the simple attacks gives the drop and the big one on multiple enemies not and the other time is the other way arround.

EXAMPLE ALL IN ONE BATTLE:
1:
I teleport in a group use a spell like the poison wave/soothing cold/contemination/anything. - fps drop/stutter

2:
I do kinda same thing as above again - no fps drop/stutter.

3:
I shoot an arrow and crit a single enemy - fps drop.

4:
I fire grenade a group - no fps drop

5:
I melee whirlwind a group - fps drop

6:
enemy uses contemination - no fps drop

I noticed this behaviour also in DOS 1 ed but had a different (yet high end) system.

atm i run the game with everything ultra on:
I7-7700 4.20gz
GTX 1080
OS (windows 10 pro 64 bt) installed on m.2 ssd
Game installed on another m.2 ssd
16 GB of RAM
MSI z270 pro game carbon
Drivers and everything up to date.
I am not running any heavy background programs.

I can run a game like for example FFXIV online with a shit ton of people on my screen yet I never experiences any drops there. What I find also odd is the same behaviour I described also happened in the first divinity original sin (enchanted edition) but on a different system. I made a post of this back in the days as well including screenshots as proof. This is making me think it ain't a hardware thing but more engine related. It also seems to happen more the longer the game is on.

Dunno if someone else is experiencing this or can shed more light on the situation.

Last edited by Bomenknabbelaar; 29/11/17 03:07 PM.
E
E
Weird, a 1080 should handle this no problem. What resolution? What's the RAM usage after the game is on for a long time?

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Evangeline
Weird, a 1080 should handle this no problem. What resolution? What's the RAM usage after the game is on for a long time?
Sorry for my late response I was out of town for work for a while. Yes I think it is strange. Resolutions is 1920x1080 (yes i know i should step that up with a 1080, did came to that yet) I have not checked the memory during longer periods.. I did start a new game recently It seems to be good on the ship but later during fights in fort joy i get that example of step one to 6. It does not matter if it is a fight with many or just a few. Ill update on memory later.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Evangeline

I did check the ram... it is even eating more vs FFXIV and firefox open together..... serious this needs a look over.

https://ibb.co/gLxSx6

stranger
stranger
Resurrecting this thread.

Here we are almost 3 years later and this hasn't been fixed. Any luck on these problems?

I TOO was having the same issues with D:OS1. I've tried everything in the book and cannot get these micro stutter to disappear.

Lenovo Y740
Geforce 2070 MaxQ
16 GB RAM
Windows 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard