Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Daz4x Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I just bought this game this morning, and when i brought it home i inserted the first CD into the drive when the stupid thing kept spinning forever, it never brought up the autorun or anything. When i tried to start the autorun my own by running the program through the run command it just locked up all things till i had to shut off my computer. I would have to guess very much that this is a complication from the very badly made CD protection. is there anyway to bypass it so no autorun or disable the stupid protection.

System Stats:
Windows XP Home Edition
Pentium 4 3.4 GHZ 1GHZ RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 128RAM

journeyman
journeyman
I just bought this game this morning, and when i brought it home i inserted the first CD into the drive when the stupid thing kept spinning forever, it never brought up the autorun or anything. When i tried to start the autorun my own by running the program through the run command it just locked up all things till i had to shut off my computer. I would have to guess very much that this is a complication from the very badly made CD protection. is there anyway to bypass it so no autorun or disable the stupid protection.

System Stats:
Windows XP Home Edition
Pentium 4 3.4 GHZ 1GHZ RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 128RAM

How long did you leave it in for? The protection took me about 3 solid minutes of read time before it verified the disk.

It only needed to do this once though, after that first initial load-up it ran fast ever since.

I found this on SF3:

"Protection system uses a 14 digit alphanumerical key, which is entered only once - at the first launch."

That might be what its doing.

D
Daz4x Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thanks for the info that is what it seems to be cause left it in for a little longer and it went into the installer fine.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard