Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I saw a message about a similar problem earlier, but it was in Act 4 and seemed to be caused by a broken quest. I have encountered it soon after entering Act 3 and before taking on any quests.

After finding my first Act 3 Battlefield key I entered the battlefield, but soon found that I could not get back, I just jumped back and forth between my position in the battlefield and the battlefield entry point. I had just upgraded to patch 1.42 and read on the patch download page that there was a possible problem with games saved under patch 1.4. I therefore uninstalled/reinstalled the game, installed the 1.42 patch and went back to my last save pre 1.4. This took me back to the middle of Act 2, and I have just made it back to Act 3. I found the key again and re-entered the battlefield ... and surprise! I am stuck there again.

I don't know if it is relevant, but the Act 3 battlefield took much longer to create than the earlier ones did - nearly 5 minutes as opposed to about a minute for Act 1 and 2.

Has anyone found a cure for this problem yet, or do I have to do without the battlefields until yet another patch is issued to fix it?

Other problems (less important but still annoying) encountered with 1.42:

- Mis-identified items (e.g. arrows labelled as swords);
- items with a title but no description and do not appear on Merchant screen so I can't even sell them;
- items with "$ERROR$" in their title;
- chest used for storage now crashes game whenever the mouse pointer moves over it.

These bugs are spoiling what is otherwise a great game. Any help would be appreciated.

addict
addict
I've heard about all of the bugs you mentioned before, although I can't confirm them personally, because I just got the game and haven't really had a chance to play it. I just completed act 1 myself, so I haven't even looked at act 2. Act 1 seems to be completely bugfree however.

The act 3 battlefield problem seems to be pretty big. I'm sure it will be fixed by the next patch.

Tovi May Raan refresh you!

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard