Next Thread
Print Thread
#251159 24/06/04 08:44 PM
David2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

I finished Act 1 and when I exit the Citadel the game will start loading Act 2. It will get almost finished and then will crash to the desktop. Anybody have any idea what is wrong and how I can fix this?

Thanks,
David

veteran
veteran
have you installed the latest patch? 1.45

Get PaTcHeD HERE!!!

[color:"#33cc3"]Jurak'sRunDownShack!
Third Member of Off-Topic Posters
Defender of the [color:"green"]PIF.
[/color] Das Grosse Grüne Ogre!!! [/color]
journeyman
journeyman
It sounds like you might have windows 98 o/s, eh? Like Jurak said, the v1.45 patch should resolve that for you.

"There's a great many people in this world, who through no fault of their own are sane." However, I am not one of them!.......Tomcat
David2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi - thanks for the reply. Yes I have patch 1.45 and I use Windows XP Professional.

Support
Support
Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Try running the configuration program and reducing the resolution to 640x480 until you get past the cut scene video during the act transition.

In Windows Explorer, if you browse to the '..\Beyond Divinity\Static\' folder, can you view the 'Act2.mpg' video?

David2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Raze,

Yes - I tried that and it worked fine. Yet when I load the game it CTD's. I think I am cursed.

Thanks,
David

Support
Support
Did you try leaving by the stairs and by blowing up the forge? That probably would not make a difference, though.

Did you try backing up your save games and doing a clean un-install / re-install + patch?

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard