Next Thread
Print Thread
#253976 08/07/04 01:49 AM
I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
I have skimmed through the existing posts, so that I would avoid existing bugs, but if I do repeat, sorry. Running ver 1.45

Screen Jumping... the viewing area will randomly jump to a different area on the map. Hasn't happened too often, but gets annoying trying to find where I am at and get back to my characters.

No screen transfer when entering/exit buildings... Will click on "door" to enter/exit a building, and the characters will disappear, but the screen stays where you were. Bringing up the quest map shows where your characters are. Doesn't happen too often.

Wisdom not effecting exp points... Increasing Wisdom skill does not seem to affect how much exp you gain from enemys. Have not noticed if skill points earned are affected.

Trade not effecting prices... Increasing Trade skill does not seem to affect the prices that merchants offer for my goods, nor what they want for their goods.

Quest items... Randomly when combining two items to make a quest item, the new item dissapears. Also, after using the item and solving the quest, if the item remains in your inventory, clicking it brings the quest back into your quest book.

Map Blackout... Randomly, the map image in the quest book will be blacked out, except for a square where your Hero is standing. Moving the game image through the blacked out area clears out squares in the map area. Not so much a big problem, just annoying when looking for the entrances to dungeons.

Other bugs that have been mentioned that I have had problems with are
Lockpick not working
Permanent Potions not Permanent
Unique Equipment changing during Act change

Thanks for your time and the chance to rant

Insainer

Insainer #253977 08/07/04 02:07 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
You know, I had loved DD, and had hoped for more of the same with BD. I'm at act 2 right now, and stuck. With nothing to do but walk around and rehash old problems that don't seem to be solvable. All in all, despite the v1.45US patch, this is really looking more and more like beta. I should have waited. I love the game, I only wish I could play it.

Ralph

Insainer #253978 08/07/04 03:13 AM
Support
Support
I don't think I've ever had the screen focus not update properly when using doors/stairs. There is a hotkey to recentre the screen focus, though, or you can double click a character's portrait.

Wisdom worked fine when I tried it out. The bonus is added to the listed experience points rather than separately.

With the trading skill you can offer merchants less than the listed value of the goods (depending on your skill level), but the game does not automatically calculate a discount for you; it is more of a barter thing.

When combining quest items in an inventory, the result should be placed in the hero's inventory, though a couple people have had the result just disappear.

Raze #253979 08/07/04 04:31 AM
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Yeah, sometimes the screen jumps for no reason for me too. I've also had experience with unique items changing after an act change. The "Lucky Cap - Unique Item" I got from the talking skull in act 1 is now simply called "Skull Reward".

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard