Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
stranger
stranger
And unfortunatley I was one of the people with nothing else to do in my life at the moment that to pick up anunknown computer game and buy it!! :P

King of All Hot Dudes and You too
Support
Support

In D2:ED you can turn into a dragon. Since your character is a dragon slayer (a source of some conflict once you are 'cursed' with the ability to change into one) it is unlikely you would be able to ride a dragon. Riding horses has not been mentioned or shown, so I doubt that would be possible either.

Unofficial FAQ

Welcome to the forum. wave

journeyman
journeyman
Wow, have the forums ever changed since I was last here. I'll have to put this back on my regular visiting list again now that D2 is on its way.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
indeed indeed...already done my good man........ laugh

[color:"#33cc3"]Jurak'sRunDownShack!
Third Member of Off-Topic Posters
Defender of the [color:"green"]PIF.
[/color] Das Grosse Grüne Ogre!!! [/color]
veteran
veteran
hey RaZe , how you doing friend ...still here ...i see .. thats awesome ..

[color:"#33cc3"]Jurak'sRunDownShack!
Third Member of Off-Topic Posters
Defender of the [color:"green"]PIF.
[/color] Das Grosse Grüne Ogre!!! [/color]
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thought I'd pop in again and see if there was any news on Divinity 2. Imagine my surprise when I see its due for release this year. WOO! =D. Personally I love the name, but then anything is better than Divine Divinity =P.

BlackHawk / Turak.

The fool hath said there is no God
stranger
stranger
ive been wondering what ego draconis means

They say because I'm a gamer i don't have a life....Well, RIGHT DOWN LEFT LEFT RIGHT UP! Now I have thirty.
veteran
veteran
Ego is latin for "me" and I suppose that Draconis has something to do with the dragon, so I am guessing something like "me, the dragon" or "i am a dragon" or sth like that

Viper
veteran
veteran
Euhm... the meaning of the title has been explained in the very first post in this thread smile

Originally Posted by Macbeth
People have wondered why it is exactly Divinity II goes by the name of Ego Draconis, so let me explain. "Ego" is Latin for "I" and "Draconis" is the genitive of "Draco" meaning "dragon". Why then, isn't the game simply called "Ego Draco"? Well actually, there is a very good reason, namely that "Ego Draconis" is a genitive of origin. This means that Divinity II isn't called "I, dragon", but "I of dragon", or more fluently translated, "I, descendant, scion, heir or successor of the dragon". Which of these possibilities comes closest to the meaning we want it to carry, or how it ties in with the story, is for you to find out when the game ships.

Hope this clears things up! Class dismissed. smile

Cheers,

Macbeth

veteran
veteran
damn I was very close without having read that... my 2 years of latin studies still pays of sometimes smile

Viper
stranger
stranger
no ego draconis is nice name

M
Macbeth Offline OP
Chronicler
OP Offline
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by s.t.a.l.k.e.r
no ego draconis is nice name

Glad you like it. smile Welcome to the forum! wave

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Great name, a bit misterious, and also i think that the picture from the game it's related to the name so that's cool for a game.

The Shocker is here!
stranger
stranger
I think Divinity II: Ego Draconis is a very good title for a rpg.

A bit of latin is always classy and it's also somewhat mysterious: Chances are folks won't exactly know what it means but that it has something to do with "dragons" and "yourself" and will be intrigued by it (that's how it was for me until I read the thread's opening post grin).

Plus, I simply like the sound of it. Kinda cool.

stranger
stranger
I never thought of why does it called Ego Draconis but it's interesting laugh
Thanks teacher!

M
Macbeth Offline OP
Chronicler
OP Offline
Chronicler
M
You're welcome! kitty

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Myrthos
Like I said before I would have sticked with Divinity 2 smile

I think also in a world that is getting even more so loaded w/ lots of expansion packs and DLC, this is probably why sub-titles are becoming even more commonplace -- for gamers and people to be able to easier differentiate b/t the original box game and its later expansions, stand-alone expansions, and/or DLC's.

I mean, would anybody have complained if original game "Guild Wars" was say re-titled Guild Wars: Prophecies? When I say "Guild Wars", what campaign of the game am I referring to? Hmmmm...Am I referring to all of the GW Content? Nightfall? Prophecies? Factions? Eye of the North? Which one? I think a sub-title makes it easier for me and gamers to be specific, if they choose to be.

I have no problem w/ the title "Divinity 2" or "Divinity 2: Ego Draconis" -- actually, I like the specific-ness of the subtitle "Ego Draconis", which translates into "I, from/of the Dragon" (as a scion or descendant).

It's a lot better of a title than the title overly redundant "Divine Divinity."

Last edited by MysterD; 16/09/09 11:01 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree completely.
You can still call it "Divinity 2", but if there are add-ons eventually, you can call it "Ego Draconis".

Personally, I even use Ego Draconis usually when I mention it, 'cause hardly anybody knows about Divinity anyway.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I don't know about the degree bit, I didn't even take lit. at college and even I knew that "draconis" was something to do with dragons and that "ego" was something to do with a person/me. I think most people would at least get the draconis bit. You don't need to understand the litteral translation to understand the meaning. Maybe that's just me wink

BTW: BlackHawk is your avatar of a spacewolf/something similar? good paint-job if it is

Last edited by Decogon; 28/09/09 10:47 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Name is good.

I liked first Divine Divinity.. I like this.

Nerdy? Hah.. this game apparently isn´t made for no-brainers. smile So name suits it well.

I haven´t study latin, but meaning of those words is quite easy to get.. unless you are completely stupid. laugh

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard