Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
raze has a point,but-personally-i think larian should have announced an English publisher a long time ago.oh well

Support
Support

a) Larian has a North American and UK publisher, but it hasn't occurred to any of them to make any announcements or do any work publicly.

b) They had or almost had a publisher, but there was a problem and they had to restart the process.

c) No English publishers were interested. D2:ED will be the next Wizardry 8, and Larian will soon be joining Sir Tech in bankruptcy.

d) The English version was finished months ago, but a cabal of German companies bribed Larian to delay the release so they would get the game first. Expect an anti-trust lawsuit after the European courts are done with AMD and Intel.

e) Seeing several high profile and over-hyped games fail when released, the English publisher is planning a surprise release. Rather than a lot of advertisements and announcements all over the place, the entire budget is being spent on a rocket: the day before the English release, the D2:ED logo will be painted on the moon.

f) There was never an English version of the game. Several years ago Larian was bought out in a hostile takeover by the publisher of the 'German for Dummies' series of books. Once there is enough demand for an English version of the game, they will release the 'English Compatible' box set of their book/CD and the German game.

g) ...

Assuming Larian wants people to buy the game, it is logical to conclude that they are doing something about that, and will make a public announcement when they have something to announce.

old hand
old hand
I think we might have to wait until GamesCon In August.
Seems like a perfect time to announce a release and announce Publisher.
ALso show Of the game in all its glory.
Wish they'd announce it now though.

Support
Support

That sounds more likely than some of my suggestions. biggrin

old hand
old hand
Of course its me after all laugh
Larian/DTP Comment on this situation!!!

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Raze

a) Larian has a North American and UK publisher, but it hasn't occurred to any of them to make any announcements or do any work publicly.

b) They had or almost had a publisher, but there was a problem and they had to restart the process.

c) No English publishers were interested. D2:ED will be the next Wizardry 8, and Larian will soon be joining Sir Tech in bankruptcy.

d) The English version was finished months ago, but a cabal of German companies bribed Larian to delay the release so they would get the game first. Expect an anti-trust lawsuit after the European courts are done with AMD and Intel.

e) Seeing several high profile and over-hyped games fail when released, the English publisher is planning a surprise release. Rather than a lot of advertisements and announcements all over the place, the entire budget is being spent on a rocket: the day before the English release, the D2:ED logo will be painted on the moon.

f) There was never an English version of the game. Several years ago Larian was bought out in a hostile takeover by the publisher of the 'German for Dummies' series of books. Once there is enough demand for an English version of the game, they will release the 'English Compatible' box set of their book/CD and the German game.

g) ...

Assuming Larian wants people to buy the game, it is logical to conclude that they are doing something about that, and will make a public announcement when they have something to announce.

thanks for all your informational posts raze.but i'm worried now-and if you don't mind me asking-why is larian going to be the next sirtech??please tell me that is mere speculation disagree

Support
Support

None of that was based on actual facts, and it wasn't intended to be serious.

Specifically for point 'c', it is conceivable no English publishers are interested in the game (though hard to believe), but between the German release and Larian's other projects (several incarnations of KetnetKick), I doubt they are about to go bankrupt. I don't know the details about Sir-Tech, other than they ended up publishing the game themselves and had a deal with Electronics Boutique to distribute it.

The only thing I can say for sure about an English publisher for D2:ED is that there either is one or there isn't. If there is a publisher, then either they are waiting for some event to make an official announcement (ie at GamesCon, or to correspond with the announcement of some other game, etc), or they are still finalizing details, so can not release anything publicly. If there is no publisher, then Larian is either in negotiations with one or more potential publishers, still shopping around trying to drum up some interest, or exploring alternate publishing and/or distribution methods.
Hopefully the situation is one of the possibilities closer to the start than the end of that paragraph.

addict
addict
The situation is obviously letter e.

I'd like e). A big ass logo on the moon. Awesomesauce!

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, but that kind of puts us in a tight spot for Divinity 3. How are we going to advertise that, when the moon is already taken?

Or, we could flip the moon (heh... make the moon 'moon' us... funny), and paint that side.

"The Large Print giveth, and the Small Print taketh away" - Tom Waits
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Secretly implement game logo in Mayan calendar and release the game on 21st of December 2012.

old hand
old hand
Saw the new trailer, where Larian mentions the countdown. How can the countdown begin for the US if there is no publisher or any way to pre-order the game?

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Saw the new trailer, where Larian mentions the countdown. How can the countdown begin for the US if there is no publisher or any way to pre-order the game?

I think they mean countdown for German Release!

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

I think they mean countdown for German Release!

ya i think so too

enthusiast
enthusiast
it is available for pre order , but in german..

aargh devastating,I'm from belgium,Larian is from belgium..and yet I need to wait..I can't hold on anymore..I want this game so bad =D

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
it is available for pre order , but in german..

aargh devastating,I'm from belgium,Larian is from belgium..and yet I need to wait..I can't hold on anymore..I want this game so bad =D

Why don't you order the German version.
Or don't you speak German?

J
stranger
stranger
J
They are going to release an English version aren't they? They have an English forum. The game is supposed to be released in September, only a couple months and they still don't have an English publisher. This doesn't look good for those of us who don't speak German.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by js123
They are going to release an English version aren't they? They have an English forum. The game is supposed to be released in September, only a couple months and they still don't have an English publisher. This doesn't look good for those of us who don't speak German.

How does it not look good.
The only thing that does really look good is the buisness side of things.
Yes the English version will still be released they finished all the Dialogue last month.

They most likely have a publisher.
They can't just put a date out without a publisher.
Like I've said before the publisher will probably be announced at GamesCon in August.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Ok, if they've finished the dialogue maybe I shouldn't be worried. The release is only a couple months off though, I'd like to preorder the game, but I can't. I could if I were German.

Last edited by js123; 04/07/09 07:04 PM.
old hand
old hand
Yeah you shouldn't be worried.
Maybe Larian read this and might soon put out an announcement.
If they don't we'll definately hear more at GamesCon.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard