Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Lar_q

Talk about an interesting situation wink

On the one hand we have the problem Myrthos points out: the threads risk getting very cluttered.

On the other we have the problem Forktong points out: the non-german versions are not supported, and for very good reasons! we're still working on them and there are known problems with mixing non-german text with german text, potentially ruining the entire game.

The best thing we can think of is to open up a help/tips/tricks thread in English/French and move them from here to there. This will allow members of the german audience to post questions directly to us. There are issues with the language hacked versions, and we'll probably see those pop up too, but we won't give any support for those, so hack at your own risk wink

old hand
old hand
So theres no support from DTP or Larian.
I guess thats fair.
Now back to waiting until September wink

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
So theres no support from DTP or Larian.
I guess thats fair.
Now back to waiting until September wink

I surely hope the english / september version can already be shipped with a few minor tweaks as the german version has gone live with a few minor problems (animation mostly).

I say "hope" because i dont realy care much, i just want the game ah ah.....

apprentice
apprentice
I've seen info for these hacks in several places but I refuse to use them. I understand the German version just fine with some effort and a dictionary for the few words that I don't get smile.

By the way Larian: I guess you can see it as a compliment that people go to such length to play the game smile Let's just hope they buy it!

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Red Avatar
I've seen info for these hacks in several places but I refuse to use them. I understand the German version just fine with some effort and a dictionary for the few words that I don't get smile.

By the way Larian: I guess you can see it as a compliment that people go to such length to play the game smile Let's just hope they buy it!

Plenty will buy it m8 its the media to blame like the swine flu they blow everything out of proportion and would have you think everyone is a software pirate waiting to happen not so, do you me or others hear go shop lifting even if we could ?? no because there are still plenty of people still have standards and pride,i have a big group of friends all into RPG games we ALWAYS buy them and a few of them like me are daft enough to pay twice if we think we can play a good game early instead of waiting laugh.

So dont worry larian keep up the good work and you will do well,i have to say its GREAT to see so many of the larian staff active on this board that is the sort of thing that will win you followers and a cult status people like to feel that human touch that is lost with so many big companys ,well done laugh.

W
wdc Offline
stranger
stranger
W
Quick question, I've sort of gotten tired of waiting for english release and since I don't mind subtitles(may even improve my german abit), so was wondering does the English lang change work well? does it work on the metaboli german version, patchs etc, or should I just wait some more?

This is just from personal experience and should in no way be seen as the general rule: For me the game (seemingly) worked without a hitch (german voices, english subtitles). But then again, maybe I missed certain things that I didn't even know were there because of the language hack.

I did have one bug though, the final ending movie wouldn't play for me, but I'm not sure if that's language hack related, or just an issue I happen to have.

He's not just medieval, he's fully evil! The baboo will get you, https://www.nilteran.com
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by MasterD_Evil
I did have one bug though, the final ending movie wouldn't play for me, but I'm not sure if that's language hack related, or just an issue I happen to have.

Not a bug, caused by language hack. Game looks for an English file, you only have the German file.

Tweeting @forktong
W
wdc Offline
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks for the response, anyone have experiance with the metaboli digital version though? or any other digital purchase versions?

I don't mind shelling out double to play a good game early but would sort of like to be 100% sure I'll be able to understand most of it smile

Even if outro will not work am sure I I'd understand enough german to make sense of 1 clip just not a whole game lol.

veteran
veteran
Thanks for the response, anyone have experiance with the metaboli digital version though? or any other digital purchase versions?

0_o
Wait! Digital distributed version has no secuROM protection, right? Does that mean it has no bugs like these - 1, 2?

P.S. Yes, yes, I know, it is NOT a game bug.

Last edited by Kein; 29/08/09 12:22 PM. Reason: link fix
W
wdc Offline
stranger
stranger
W
Now days I almost always buy digital versions rather then box, just easier then having tons of cd/dvd's around or having trouble with no cd cracks.

Think I'll wait till the end of the month and if no new news I'll just grab the digital version and hope its lang hackable I assume it is, if not I guess I can practice my rather rusty german skills smile

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Wait until you have your first HD-crash. You'll be happy about every boxed version of the stuff you bought. wink

W
wdc Offline
stranger
stranger
W
Been there done that :), does not take long to redownload(steams/ea etc is nice for this just que everything and leave it a night.), plus I have a backup hdd I store the files on now, after my 1st raid0 died on me.....

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
I doubt you can take your digital game manuals to the restroom with you though. stupid

Even though digital copies of games are convenient, I still prefer hard copies. Esp. if the digital version can only be obtained from Steam, or EA/Atari online store. (I hate having to always have steam running in the background while I game, and the popups... EA/Atari stores are just bad, they gouge the customer every way the can, and ever more stupid DRMs...)

And yeah, there is also the issue of game manuals...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by wdc
Now days I almost always buy digital versions rather then box, just easier then having tons of cd/dvd's around or having trouble with no cd cracks.

Well.. yeah, mine reason is the same - even without cracks/no-dvds damned protection ruins the whole game, you can replace it like gazillion times in the shop, but in the end it changes nothing. Hope that digital version has no protection.

wdc
When you bought it - care to tell me details about digital release? Thanks.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
What I like about boxes: You can SELL crappy games again. Hard to do that with your steam account, as I got it?

veteran
veteran
Uh...
I never said the game is crappy, I said "protection".
Also, it is not like I'm buying games to sell them later.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M

Last edited by lynn; 02/10/09 10:16 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M

Last edited by lynn; 02/10/09 10:16 AM.
veteran
veteran
You can delete your own posts, ya'now...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard