Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
stranger
Raven if u wanna have the ultimate mage class at higher levels u need to maximized skills:
-Magic Missiles (possibly to lvl 15)
-Fireball (the same like magic missiles)
-optional Magic Blast (not so high dmg but good to instant kill)

and important skill for mage "Mana Efficiency" to lvl 5 so u will have reduced (50% or higher) usage of mana smile

Good Luck laugh

addict
addict
Originally Posted by D1ablo
Raven if u wanna have the ultimate mage class at higher levels u need to maximized skills:
-Magic Missiles (possibly to lvl 15)
-Fireball (the same like magic missiles)
-optional Magic Blast (not so high dmg but good to instant kill)

and important skill for mage "Mana Efficiency" to lvl 5 so u will have reduced (50% or higher) usage of mana smile

Good Luck laugh

Nope I still find fireball useless for mage
I know It can dmg high and bring enemy to 10-20% of health but I had other skills that made me ultimate mage.Although many people say It is good.
On my fifth playtrough as a battle mage I have found out that fireball IS pretty good spell but only after battle tower.I must admit that I have been wrong,but still my mage is strong enough to wipe entire army.
I use many skills not just destructable skills like fireball.
I am pretty happy with my ULTIMATE MAGE and I don"t have fireball
Now its late
I can"t edit my guide anymore but I doN"t care
Those who read it will still find themself very powerful without fireball.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
apprentice
apprentice
I use Magic Missle and have my Pet tank for me. I also have a couple of points in two weapon in case I need to get upclose and personal but that is rare.

Do you folks use your Pet? Do you like Mage, Ranger or Fighter Pets?

addict
addict
I use only melee creature and demon
They are enough for my ultimate mage

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
enthusiast
enthusiast
On my first run through i had summon undead and summon ghost..what a WASTE in my opinion!!!
Now i just use my creature which half the time doesnt attack, or gets stuck like its treading water! lol
Magic Missile for a mage is just AWESOME not just because of the damage but it can be cast fast!

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
( If this was explained elsewhere forgive me!)

Tips on Duel Wield Warriors anyone? I'm starting fresh since I saw some pretty sweet one handed swords on my 2h warriors profile, and figured I could do more damage/have more fun with dual wield.

Note: Playing on Xbox 360

I found magic blast very useful with my 2h warrior, that was the only magic i upgraded all the way(also destruction).

I spent most of my stat points on strength, vitality...hardly any on dexterity, with spirit and intelligence at moderate even levels.

I don't doubt there are players with more experience than I have with this game...I would greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In response to D1ablos post above on mage skills;
I did awesomely with 1. Magic missiles 12
2. Fireball 10
3. Firewall 8

End battle Firewall REALLY helped alot!!! rpg007
Of course 5 points into Mana Efficiency is a MUST!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dragonbane; 16/02/10 02:00 AM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ThePhantomChef

Tips on Duel Wield Warriors anyone? I'm starting fresh since I saw some pretty sweet one handed swords on my 2h warriors profile, and figured I could do more damage/have more fun with dual wield.

I found magic blast very useful with my 2h warrior, that was the only magic i upgraded all the way(also destruction).

I spent most of my stat points on strength, vitality...hardly any on dexterity, with spirit and intelligence at moderate even levels.

I don't doubt there are players with more experience than I have with this game...I would greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

What I have done is put equal amounts of points in INT and STR. That way I can use Magic Missle instead of a bow for ranged attacks. I found some of the best one-handed weapons have both Melee and Magic damage. So by splitting INT and STR I can effectively use those weapons. Since you only get a percentage of the damage from your "off-hand" weapon I usually go for the low Melee damage/high Magic damage with that hand and use a balanced Melee/Magic weapon for the "on-hand". Some of that also depends on what charms or enchantments you can add to a weapon and later on armor sets can affect your stats as well.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by CoarseDragon

What I have done is put equal amounts of points in INT and STR. That way I can use Magic Missle instead of a bow for ranged attacks. I found some of the best one-handed weapons have both Melee and Magic damage. So by splitting INT and STR I can effectively use those weapons. Since you only get a percentage of the damage from your "off-hand" weapon I usually go for the low Melee damage/high Magic damage with that hand and use a balanced Melee/Magic weapon for the "on-hand". Some of that also depends on what charms or enchantments you can add to a weapon and later on armor sets can affect your stats as well.

I am a shield guy, but for 2 handed weapons, the off hand damage percent goes over 100 at one point and at lv 13 you should put your stronger weapon in the off hand slot for more overall damage,

I know this because before I made my character did a bunch of skill lv research and I wanted to see how much better Dual handing actually was(quite a bit in damage terms). However I still did the shield/one handed weapon combo, because shields look awesome and RPGs are about looking cool, right?(only part of the RPG any way).

Last edited by sloo_monster; 16/02/10 09:14 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by sloo_monster
Originally Posted by CoarseDragon

I am a shield guy, but for 2 handed weapons, the off hand damage percent goes over 100 at one point and at lv 13 you should put your stronger weapon in the off hand slot for more overall damage,

I know this because before I made my character did a bunch of skill lv research and I wanted to see how much better Dual handing actually was(quite a bit in damage terms). However I still did the shield/one handed weapon combo, because shields look awesome and RPGs are about looking cool, right?(only part of the RPG any way).

I think at my current two-weapon skill level I am only getting 40% from the off-hand weapon. I would think you are correct that at higher levels you need to adjust your off/on-hand weapons according to the percentage from the two-weapon skill. That's a good tip to keep in mind as you level up.

C
stranger
stranger
C
wow this just made my play through a whole lot more easy thanx a bundle i ether missed or you forgot the dragon knight skills im kinda woundering if the extra xp bounus is any good

Support
Support

Wisdom can be helpful, and you can get several bonuses from equipment, but it is not necessary.

Wisdom / Mindreading - worth it?

W
stranger
stranger
W
Enchant everything you can with health regeneration and later on spec regeneration skill and you will be a walking ticking healthpot. You can even use mana leech to drain yourself to refill your manabar. Feels like cheating.

veteran
veteran
I search the forum first, but nothing find about my question yet. But I didn't wish to start a new topic for my question, but I think this topic is a good one for this question wink.

I wonder what is the best kind of [b]damage for killing the most enemies (or for some kind of enemies?) ? [/b]

What does Magic Damage do to a enemy?? Is it the same like melee damage, but only depending on the resistance of an enemy? (his/her ressistance for melee attacks or magic attacks)

If so, I hope I could find out what the resistances are of the most enemies smile !
I love to take another strategy by different enemies so I can take a tactical step laugh

But I'm afraid I havent the Time for finding out the weakness of all kind of enemies (or the most of them).
Since in Divinity II there isn't a skill "Know Creature" frown ... that skill I found so good in DD! I wish to know something more about all enemies I must kill.
biggrin

Already, many thanks!

EDIT on march 11, 2010 :
yesterday, after writing down this post I was thinking back about the weaknesses of enemies and maybe it is a logical path to follow?
I explain (and you may say WHAT you have experienced) what I think it can be:

Code
enemies they attack w/     strength                 weakness 
melee weapon               melee resistance         resistance to magic and/or ranged attack?
ranged weapon              ranged resistance        resistance to melee and/or magic attack?
magic (spells)             magic resistance         resistance to melee and/or ranged attack?
with melee and magic       melee + magic resist.    ranged resistance

... etc ... but not sure there are enemies they have all 3 kind of attacks, I think not. There're Summoners and also Healers ... I have experience they have not so a high melee/ranged resistance ... but a high(er) magic resistance?

Last edited by Joram; 11/03/10 12:00 PM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Nobody? smirk
Sorry, is my question not a good one in this thread? Or is my question a bad one? frown

I've been thinking it over and find it a challenge to explore the strengths and the weaknesses of the enemies.
I think it's more fun to think about this so I may as appropriate weapon in any kind of enemy. But not simple I think.

Therefore now my question to Larian: can any of you just clarify whether in fact there is a difference in their resistance to enemies? Is one really more resistant to magic and another one better against melee? Etc. ....

If NOT, it is not necessary to further investigate this.
So please, would someone be so kind to help me?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
You could test it by using different attacks against enemies and look in the combat log to see which attack did most damage.

But I usually play as pure warrior, ranger or mage so it makes sense to stick to either melee, ranged or magic... since switching to another form of damage will always do lesser damage in that case.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, the Combat Log, I almosst forgot it! smirk Thanks wink

Originally Posted by Kein
I always invest only in spirit and little in intelligence

Spirit isn't so important, intelligence matters much.
Also, forget about wisdom. It almost useless. Don't spend too much EXP for Mindread and you're set.

I was halfway the Orobas fjords, but I decided to start again. Wisdom is at level 5 right now, and I'm level 14 atm ( level 3 +2 with a magic neclace ), and I'm still cleaning out the Broken Valley environment. Everytime experience can be gained, I get a 10% bonus.

I like Wisdom

How will I laugh tomorrow, when I can't even smile today...
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
INT only increases the magic damage you deal with weapons right? As far as magical attacks on your character, does that rule still apply? Or does it INT raise your resistance to all magic attacks?

veteran
veteran
Indeed, Intelligence raise your Magical Resistance too!

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard