Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Divine Divinity is now available in English at GOG.COM for only 5.99 US Dollars!!

The version includes the latest patch PLUS extra new stuff (extra fixes and features).

“I remember the release of Divine Divinity as if it were yesterday. We had no clue how people would react to the game and weren’t sure that our RPG mix was going to appeal. Then, suddenly we got bombarded with mails and forum reactions from people enjoying the game, and received award after award from the specialized press. It was a very rewarding time, and I look forward to see the reactions from the GOG.com audience.” said Swen Vincke, CEO at Larian Studios. “GOG.com approaching us was also the perfect opportunity for us to address a couple of issues in the original game, and introduce support for higher resolutions.”

S
stranger
stranger
S
I just got this newsletter from GOG.com, as a fan of Divine Divinity I must say I got a little excited :P I'm going to buy it as soon as I get chance :P I haven't searched yet, but is there a list of changes on the net somewhere for me to take a look at? Or would that just be located within a readme/changelog when I purchase the game, I'm very curious to know what the new stuff and fixes were laugh And the reason I mention this here is because it seems a good place to put them. Anyways thanks for the remake you lovely lovely people at Larian :P Can't wait to try this out ^^ Cheers guys laugh

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello smegy hehe

Thank you for being so happy with the remastered version of div.

Version 1.4A is the newest version.
This version has been patched to the latest available patch, so patching the game is not necessary and not recommended.

Extra fixes and features have been added to this version since the last patch. They are:

General:
- Feature: Allow more resolutions
- Feature: Recreated config tool
- Fixed numerous crashes and freezes
- Fixed: encumbrance could make items disappear
- Feature: Tooltips of damage stats on stat screen improved

Skills:
- Fixed: Spellbooks no longer ignore level requirements
- Fixed: All weapon expertise skills give percentile bonuses instead of static bonuses
- Fixed: True Sight damage is now actually used
- Fixed: Bow and crossbow expertise bonuses are now actually used
- Fixed: Divine Eye removes the fog of war
- Fixed: Deadly Gift's Scorpion Trap is less powerful
- Fixed: Resurrected enemies die after region swap

Hope this helps you wink

S
stranger
stranger
S
Cheers thanks for the quick reply laugh Will you guys continue to support the game on a regular basis? or will this be it for the time being? For example like more fixes and stuff if the need should arise ^^.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
lol i'm going to enjoy the previous version. HAHHAA

S
stranger
stranger
S
Well shortly I'll have both the original and the new digital download version :P It doesn't cost much and with it being such a great game I want to support Larian ^^

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
i purchased the game near carrefour at my place. i think it's the new version because it comes with the 1.00034A (or something like that) and it comes with one CD for the game and another CD for the manual. Anw, this game is great. Ppl say DIABLO is the best but i'd pick this anytime

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by smegy
Cheers thanks for the quick reply laugh Will you guys continue to support the game on a regular basis? or will this be it for the time being? For example like more fixes and stuff if the need should arise ^^.

GOG will give support to but you can always send an email to support@larian.com, we will gladly help you wink

For more fixes: I don't know, but never say never wink

Last edited by lynn; 29/10/09 01:21 PM.
Actually it`d be really good to make a 1DVD box and release it for the stores not just sell it on GOG and download...

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Nice! I already have the boxed version, but i still bought the game from GOG. For 6 bucks such a classic is a real steal!

The configuration tool does now offer widescreen resolutions at 16:9 ratios, but to get 16:10 or other ratios, you have to edit the "display width" and "display height" values in the "config.div" file located in Divine Divinity's installation directory.

My resolution of 1920 x 1200 requires the following modification:

// display width
width 1920

// display height
height 1200

The good news is that the full map now works in widescreen resolutions!

[Linked Image]

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Well, the updated configuration tool seems to be a bit picky indeed, but 1680*1050 is selectable, so it's not aspect ratio thing only.

addict
addict
Are old savegames compatible? I'd put my latest run-through on hold until this came out so I could use my map + widescreen.

journeyman
journeyman
Is this the enhanced version from a few posts below that we were told was coming?

Support
Support

Yes

Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes, they are wink

I have tried mine, savegames before patch 1.34 and savegames with patch 1.34.
I didn't run into any problems.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rain Koor
Well, the updated configuration tool seems to be a bit picky indeed, but 1680*1050 is selectable, so it's not aspect ratio thing only.

The configtool asks for possible resolutions to the graphics card / monitor through Windows, but it could indeed be that you want to play (and will be able to play) in a resolution that is not listed. We are just showing the "safe" resolutions that are trusted / sure to work.

If you want to try other resolutions, you can indeed manually edit the config.div file (in the root of the installation directory) with a text editor.

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
The question is: can we get remastered version via patch?

journeyman
journeyman
1) So - it would seem all magic spells now work?
2) I wonder if it has been formatted to work better w/ multi core processors?
3) Does Freeze on a weapon still ignore resistances/overpower?

Skills:
- Fixed: Spellbooks no longer ignore level requirements
- Fixed: All weapon expertise skills give percentile bonuses instead of static bonuses
- Fixed: True Sight damage is now actually used
- Fixed: Bow and crossbow expertise bonuses are now actually used
- Fixed: Divine Eye removes the fog of war
- Fixed: Deadly Gift's Scorpion Trap is less powerful
- Fixed: Resurrected enemies die after region swap

4) See above ^ Do you mean "True Shot" damage is now actually used instead of "True Sight?"

Also, Larian should have the new fixes listed on GOG as an added incentive to buy - ar buy again, as I did!

Last edited by allthumbs; 30/10/09 05:12 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Definately going to buy it even though i already own it lol.

Its cheap and larian / GOG deserve it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard