Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
In the derelicted caverns, you find 3 talisman, talisman of the east, west and south.

What is their purpose and where should they be used?

they need to be used in the same cave middle of it there is a statue "in light".. put talismans in correct order and u will get talisman of the north

K
stranger
stranger
K
I got 2 talisman (east and west) and I just re-explored the whole derelict caverns, I just can't find the talisman of the south. Can anyone tell where it is?

journeyman
journeyman
same problem...

Fuer grissa ost drauka!

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I didn't get the south one either.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I believe the south one is in the corner near the goblin hamlet exit. Its in a tree near a red ore vein.
My problem is that I have all 3 and dont know where I'm supposed to put them. Someone mentioned a book. Is that whats required to trigger the quest so I can use the 3 talisman?

As much as i`ve heard, in that cavern where you get those amulets, in the middle there is supposed to be a statue near a staircase. Use one of the amulets near the statue and you should get Amulet of the North.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
S
stranger
stranger
S
I think I know the location, but it doesnt look like you can use the talisman without triggering the quest in the first place. How is the quest obtained?

journeyman
journeyman
if im correct, u can find 2 amulets in chests. 1 in a tree near and ore veign. if you read a book. there is mentioned about a gobling war, in wich they wanna summon a demon with those amulets. if u you use 1 of the three near that statue devi talked about, u get the north. after taht i "think!" u wil have to put them 2gether. and then u wil get a necklace. wich is rather good!

-Magiz

Fuer grissa ost drauka!

S
stranger
stranger
S
I simply just had to double-click on the necklace... how silly of me.

journeyman
journeyman
so thats solved...

Fuer grissa ost drauka!

M
MrB Offline
stranger
stranger
M
I found all 3, and read the book. Then destroyed the book, due to space constraints, and now, i cant get the darn statue to do anything else then shoot lightning at me? Am i screwed?

M
MrB Offline
stranger
stranger
M
This is just insane. The book in question is the "dusty tome" laying on the bench nearby the statue, right?
The right statue is the one in the crossroad section, right?
The talismans are South, west, and east, right?
*sighs* I'm giving up. No necklace, regardless of what it gives, is worth this much headache. I started over, just to figure this out, and didn't trash the book this time around. And still the bloody statue just tosses lightning at me. I think i will cry.

I was in so much of a hurry, i came here as level 5. For some reason the troll killing the "drunk" soldiers, was at full health when it started coming at me... That was intense. A lot of jumping around in the rocks, and probably 20 minutes is what it took to kill it. And all that, and still i cant get this darn talisman thingy to work...
As far as i can tell the book doesn't contain any help on what order the talismans should be presented in, and as b4, I've tried all combinations. I get hard stares, nothing, is still, and shines. All followed by a blaze of lightning.

If anyone knows whats messed up, and doesn't wanna put a spoiler in here, fine. Send me a PM or something. I'm unable to get this worked out on my own, so unless i hear something, this will remain unresolved, and I'll go seek greener pastures.
B!

D
stranger
stranger
D
I think you're doing it at the wrong statue... wait, crossroads? Yup, wrong one.

*SPOILER*

Go to the statue at the base of the stairs right next to a door leading down.

Last edited by darech76; 21/11/09 04:12 AM.
M
MrB Offline
stranger
stranger
M
Your description makes it sound like here:
Removed picture to eliminate a possible spoiler...

Just so happens thats where I've been trying.
B!

Last edited by MrB; 24/11/09 08:43 PM.
M
MrB Offline
stranger
stranger
M
Guess no-one knows. I'll leave the picture linked a day more, then it's gone, to eliminate any mistakes, and a possible spoiler.
B!

journeyman
journeyman
Same problem here. The statue in the pic is the one I'm trying too!
It's at the bottom of the stairs if you come from Goblin Hamlet side.

I have all 3 talismans and all the statue does is hit me with a bolt of something for 272HP.

Getting tired of trying this to no avail! frown

ASUS M3N72-D
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Brisbane @ 3GHz
4 Gigs DDR2 PC6400 Dual Ch. Corsair
ASUS GeForce 9800GT 512MB x2 SLI
Win7 64bit or XP Pro x64
stranger
stranger
Keep trying,the statue don't gonna kill you!

journeyman
journeyman
*SOLVED*

Place Talisman's in this order: West-East-South.........The statue starts to shine!

Not sure if that was the correct way, or it was just due to the fact that She just took my health down to 14 and I thought to myself, 'I might as well die trying', and did it again right away.

HTH

ASUS M3N72-D
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Brisbane @ 3GHz
4 Gigs DDR2 PC6400 Dual Ch. Corsair
ASUS GeForce 9800GT 512MB x2 SLI
Win7 64bit or XP Pro x64
T
stranger
stranger
T
The statue is in the middle area where there are stone walls and metal grate/bars. It has a lit torch on the wall on either side of it, a big potted plant on each side of it, and a couple of small pots on the floor with flowers in them. The torches brightly illuminate the area. It's in the middle of the tunnels right next to where the tunnel starts south to the Citadel exit. "Use" talismen in order: west, east, south... Hope this is clear enough to help people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard