Next Thread
Print Thread
#400855 13/01/10 12:57 AM
Zousug Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

I have only played the demo of this game so far but going to be buying it in the next few days..

Just had a quick question..

Any idea as to why they made the "Mindread" skill use xp to use it?

Has any one found that it effects the leveling of your character?

--Edit--

Was just thinking..

I know the monsters do not respawn that is ok.. but dose the shop owners inventory respawn? how about plants you harvest for potions?

thankx in advance..

--End Edit--

Last edited by Zousug; 13/01/10 03:27 AM.
Zousug #400909 13/01/10 08:20 AM
Support
Support

If there were no cost to mindreading, then it might as well be an extra dialog option. With a significant price, there is much more to the risk-reward dynamic.

I think overall it has little effect with your final level, though you may progress a little slower. People have reported mindreading a fair bit and still ending the game about level 34 or 35 (which is normal).

Shopkeepers do update their inventories, but I don't think anyone has narrowed down exactly when. There are several topics about this already, theorizing it happens every couple character level changes, or after completing significant quests, or clearing certain areas, etc.

I don't know if plants respawn, but after you get the battle tower you can repeatedly send a runner for alchemy plants.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #401103 13/01/10 09:42 PM
Zousug Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Raze,

Thank you for the welcome.

I did not meant to imply that Mindreading should be 'free' to use.. was just wondering why xp was the price heh.. If it dose not effect the leveling im fine with it smile

In regards to the shopkeepers thats good, (knowing that monsters dont respawn i was a little worried bout the shopkeepers inventory lol)

When do you get the Battle Tower? (im hoping to buy the game today hehe)

Zousug #401104 13/01/10 09:46 PM
addict
addict
WELCOME
You can always take mindread skill and save XP points
and you will get battle tower along with dragon form when you finish 40-50% of game

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Support
Support

I don't know why experience was chosen as the cost to mindread. It is something limited, valuable and already in the game, so avoids having to introduce some rare gems or ingredients, etc. Perhaps it was meant to balance out the extra quests or skill points, etc, you can get from mindreading...

Depending on how you play, I think the battle tower is around 12-20 hours. I was only able to get the game last night, so you will not be too far behind me.

Zousug Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey,

Thanx for the welcome Raven smile

Ah ok so far into the game :P

how much (rougly) xp do u save if you take mindread (early on i need to take spells to fight with as i am going to be a mage)

Raze #401185 14/01/10 05:27 AM
Zousug Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi Raze,

yeah, I initially thought gold to pay for mindreading but then realized there is no way to use gold for paying for it really.. and no way for anything else to be used as payment..

main concern was it effecting the leveling but all sounds good.

Not sure what the time difference is between Canada and Australia though so not sure how far i will be behind you lol..

30 mins before I finish work and can go buy my game >:D hope they have it in stock lol....

Originally Posted by Raze

I don't know why experience was chosen as the cost to mindread. It is something limited, valuable and already in the game, so avoids having to introduce some rare gems or ingredients, etc. Perhaps it was meant to balance out the extra quests or skill points, etc, you can get from mindreading...

Depending on how you play, I think the battle tower is around 12-20 hours. I was only able to get the game last night, so you will not be too far behind me.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard