Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Deaden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Never has a fight in a game filled me with such rage and frustration. I'm dead two seconds after the battle starts from stun locks. My resists are all between 60 and 65%. I set the difficulty to low and they hit me just as hard.

Was it really necessary to ramp the difficulty up so far for the final fight? Did you feel it necessary to rape the players gaming experience with this game. I was enjoying the game up til that point.

Now I will be forced to find a working trainer just to beat the game and see the ending.

Please smack whoever designed and approved that final battle for being so hateful to the players.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
If you have a saved game prior to entering Hall of Echoes reload it. Make sure you are lvl 34 at least.

If you are already lvl 34 then take the difficulty slider and put it on Low difficulty.

Immediately after the auto save after the cutscene jump, jump jump, around the columns until you get the AI of the enemies hung up on the throne or one of the columns to separate them. Pause, drink resist potion. Pause drink Str potion. Pause drink Int potion. Try to get the divine on his own and trounce him. Or get the divine away from the others and kill the followers first. Divine has a way of rush attacking you though so you may need to kill him first.

JUMP ATTACK him.

Pause and drink health potions even when you don't need them.

These guys at Larian just really must have had a hard time figuring out how to make a cool boss battle so they just made this one really cheap so players couldn't just wipe the floor with everyone at end game.

They need to play some games that have cool boss battle that actaully take TACTICS to beat and that are fun. This game doesn't have a clue on how to make the battles against the important villains stand out.

apprentice
apprentice
I was 33 when I got to this battle, and boy, I'm glad that the previous experience (where you're a dragon) forced me to level up more, because I would have never been able to survive at level 30. Even at 33 it was a tough battle that I had to reload often, but thankfully I used the same tactics I had developed before during the game and they saved my ass:

- IF you have a high enough level charm - charm the healer. Once charmed, he'll heal you until his buddies realize he's helping you and beat his brains in. That does two things: #1 - It kills their primary healer and prevents him from healing those you want to kill and #2 he'll heal you when you need it the most (at the start of the battle).

- Like Monkey said, drink potions so you have the extra layer of healing over time applied and hopefully you've got some resist potions (that raise your armor values)

- Don't forget the pause option, use it to drink potions or cast heal on yourself

- Summon your pet after you've got some cover, he will take some of the attention off you. Once he goes down, summon the demon if need be.

- Save the wizard for last

Last edited by Jorlen; 18/01/10 06:29 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Dodge to side (they always put you right in the line of fire in the fights), pop your pet, let them surround you, firewall.

Then spend the next 4 minutes whacking on Zandalor (he heals to full over and over).

old hand
old hand
I wondering if your resist are referring to status resistance or armor rating. How much hp does you had at lvl34? And how much damage does divine and zandalor do on you ?

D
Deaden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I am level 34 and even set to low difficulty I get stomped in seconds. I should not have to replay a huge chunk of the game to pick a spec that can beat the final fight. All specs should be able to survive that fight. This has made me regret buying this game.

I watched the ending on youtube. I'm not willing to subject myself to that fight any further.

And again I hope the designer of that fight gets a rash in a very inconvenient place!

Last edited by Deaden; 19/01/10 09:02 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I did it at level 35. Rolled to the left behind the pillar and shredded (thousandstrikes) the two paladins that got round. Then I just ran around the whole place avoiding the bosses. Mostly hunting those damn rangers 'cos their stun is truly lethal. Then summoners and healers. Avoid the enemies healing ability by using Fatality! Train it up. Same with the kings, fatality.

Of course, I did have my handy bottle of Allan Brew so...

veteran
veteran
So 'Deaden', you can read here, the final battle IS possible wink

Me too make it to the final ending and I'm, for sure, not a hardcore gamer!
And I haven't had that Allan Brew ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
Some people have finished the end battle in 14 seconds with a full mage.

journeyman
journeyman
I had no problems whatsoever with my level 34 ranger / warrior equipped with the Hunter bow. When the fight started I dodged behind the colums and fired exploding arrow a couple of times. That left me with the two main bosses. My pet and a summoned Ghost distracted Zandalor and I had my hands free to dance around and shoot exploding arrows now and then. Took ½ a minute or so.

(Exploding arrows are way overpowered. Killed Kali in 2 shots)

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
old hand
old hand
Its basically an easy battle even in high difficulty mode as long as you know how to equipped your character.

Originally Posted by ACSS
Its basically an easy battle even in high difficulty mode as long as you know how to equipped your character.

Exactly, but not everybody knows how to properly train and equip their character. wink For an instance, the first time I did the finally battle, I was a Warrior who didn't have any of the Warrior skills. I had the Healing Ghost maxed, the Dual Wield maxed and a lot of other Dragon Knighs skills. If only I had known better, that fight would've been really easy!
With a powerful mage it's cake.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
B
stranger
stranger
B
I think the problem is everything up until this battle was a cakewalk, regardless of character spec. Potions? Pfft, only if you felt really pedantic. Armour sets from the flying fortress? Who needed them, basic legendary stuff got the job done. The game REALLY needed to amp the difficulty level up smoothly to this fight, actually make you think about what you kit and what you spec.

I really wish it had. I would have loved to immerse myself in the whole battle tower/runners/training deal, but I really didn't need to. Damnit! Great game, though, great game- totally ODed on it for a week. Bloody endgames in these euro RPGS always bite: RISEN was a disgrace, too.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Willlem
Originally Posted by ACSS

Exactly, but not everybody knows how to properly train and equip their character. wink

That might well be, but then why blame the game?

I don't blame the game, I'm just saying I understand people who 'hate' this battle becuase they can't seem to win it.
On the other hand, if all the different Skills were a bit more balanced, inexperienced players wouldn't end up with a weak character.
The main reason my second character is as strong as it is, is because I took a good look around at the forum and learned what Skills are / can become very strong.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
old hand
old hand
I actually prepare quite well for the final battle, as before this I think I read that the final battle is very tough. Need to hide here and there and bla bla bla.... I even make 100+ of rank 10 healing potions for in case of emergency. But hell when I finished the battle, it only took me less than 5 potions for it. I really cant believe that it was the final battle, and do a reload and set it to high difficulty mode. I was playing on medium difficulty at first. After numerous testing, the battle can be finish with the use of only 1 healing potion, without healing skills needed badsmile That why I keep wondering why so many always complain on how tough it is on the final battle.

Since I on my second play through now in difficulty mode, I will later try to enter the final battle at the lower level, which is around maybe lvl 32, 33 to see how challenging it can be.

S
S
I've played the game thru a few times now and this time I am going to try hiding in the shadows and see how it goes, I'll probably be lv33 then

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Bukeagle
I think the problem is everything up until this battle was a cakewalk, regardless of character spec. Potions? Pfft, only if you felt really pedantic. Armour sets from the flying fortress? Who needed them, basic legendary stuff got the job done. The game REALLY needed to amp the difficulty level up smoothly to this fight, actually make you think about what you kit and what you spec.

I really wish it had. I would have loved to immerse myself in the whole battle tower/runners/training deal, but I really didn't need to. Damnit! Great game, though, great game- totally ODed on it for a week. Bloody endgames in these euro RPGS always bite: RISEN was a disgrace, too.

Just to reply to myself: just occurred to me I think I found the game a cakewalk cos I had the special edition with the Rivellon gear- the hammer, the legs, the chest. The hammer in particular was way overpowered: 50 to 60 odd normal damage, 50 to 60 odd magic. Next play through, I'm binning the lot.

Anyway back on topic. And I say again: difficulty no ramp up properly, ending way off curve.

S
S
I posted this in the tips and tricks section-I am playing as a Ranger, with some of the Mage powers, and at lvl 34 after playing the final Battles I have figured out a pretty good setup to win; after you help close the rifts in Aleroth, go back to the battle tower and unlearn all skills, then Exploding Arrow’s 10, Magic Blast 12, Ranger Strength 10, Destruction 5, Summon Mastery 10, Reflect 5, Hide in Shadows 2, Summon Demon 10, Regenerate 2, Stun Arrows 3, you will need to pay your trainer for advanced training to get some of these levels, when you get to the Hall of Echoes you can get 5 more skill points by reading the minds of the Memory Eater that greets you, Marious, Sasson, Amdusius, and Ba’al , I used all of these for Mana Efficiency, after the fight in the arena and going to save Ygerna, make sure you have both summoned both your creature and demon before you enter the transporter, as for the final fight with the Divine, as soon as it started roll to the right and hit Hide in Shadows. Go to the other end of the room (I hid behind the right rear column looking from where you came in), waited till my creature was dead, then moved slightly away from the column and slightly right, as soon as I could target anyone in the room fire a exploding arrow and it killed most if not all of the other soldiers there, moved close to the column again and waited till Exploding arrows was recharged, the Divine was the first to come, hit him the magic blast, he’s dead, Hide in the Shadows again, waited for the magic blast was recharged, about the time the Hide in Shadows lasts, Zandalor was next, hit him with the magic Blast and the exploding arrow, that finished him, then the final movie, you can modify this as necessary, but it has enabled me to go back to my other saved games that I could not win and win them also, ENJOY

O
stranger
stranger
O
lol deaden I think u just need to rethink ur moves . it took me a couple of trys but i got it. only had to take 2 heal potions during the whole end game scene . I did take the time to mind read all I could to get skill / character pionts at the end I had all my stats dxt/str/int with potions up to 74 ish or a tad higher. My resist where all atleast 40 or higher .
If you rushed through the game I could def see where you are running into problems i did have to revert some saves .
Also after the autosave I would definitly say just to the side I tried head on attack but to much at once

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard