Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Support
Support

Did you lower the difficulty, if you were not already playing on easy, use your creature, and a summon if available, get into the main room as quickly as possible so you were not standing in the hallway with everyone attacking you at once, keep moving, etc?

D
dem Offline
stranger
stranger
D
yes, I was on easy. I love my pet and my ghost but I did not have time to summon them. When I got time to summon them I did not have enough mana. I tried running around once and that bought me some time but I was killed anyway. I took my stand where I entered the room. Maybe I had the wrong strategy but I won. I wish I was a level 35. I was a level 34. I think I did every quest so it must have been too much mind reading. Thanks raze for answering so many of my posts. I could not have won the game without your help.

D
dem Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I played it again from the auto load and ran and jumped. I almost died but not quite. I accidently jumped on to one of the chandeliers and got hung up there for a little while and was able to hit divine from above and heal up before falling back down. I killed him first this time and ran to the center and was able to kill zandolar and the others a lot easier this time. This time it was fun.

Support
Support

Glad the second try for the last fight was enjoyable. party

I'm not sure if mindreading makes a significant difference by the end of the game. I mindread a fair bit, and still reached level 36. There is a bit of leveling discussion half way down the topic Another..Hall of Echoes question.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Ugh, what a nightmare. I spent a few hours trying this battle over and over. Finally, success!

For me it was a jump to the left (and then a step to the right...) Nevermind. smile

Anyways, It took some doing, but if you get a creature out there, to draw attention, you can pick off each soldier, healer and mage one at a time. Maybe I cheated, but I'd kill one or two, then save, think about my tactics, kill another one or two, save, until I got them down to the Divine and Zandolor. After that, I had the ghost and my summoned creature. I took out the Divine first as his rush attack is a pain.

You have to keep moving, and stay away from the Divine's rush attacks. This is why I needed so many potions.

Was the battle hard - yes. I had to turn down the difficulty level, and I've NEVER done this in a game. I do think this fight was just a tad over the top. It should have been more difficult, but not near as impposible as this was.

Drac

addict
addict
Drac
I finished on hard
you need to keep jumping
belive me it works
and I save after ever 10-15 sec so laugh

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Drac
I finished on hard
you need to keep jumping
belive me it works
and I save after ever 10-15 sec so laugh

Basically, yeah - that's how I got through it...on EASY.

Lot of jumping, potion-using, Fireball using, Pet summoning (to do extra damage AND to use as a meat-shield to absorb LOTS of damage), and melee swinging.

Crazy battle.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I had lifeleach on my 33 warrior i think lvl 10 and magic blast and destruction maxed i didn't use many potions and i didn't have to roll because my life leach was to strong dual wield by the way crazy

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hi,

following suggestions are only for Ego Draconis, neither for FoV nor DKS.

if you have only ego draconis installed the best way to survive the final battle is to (in case you are a battle mage-paladin combination):
upgrade your skill for 2-handed swords and take a good 2-hand sword (e.g. after the flying fortresses)
upgrade bleed to 10
upgrade fireball to max
upgrade potion efficiency to max
and upgrade the demon to 5-6
Before the battle started I had 29 skill points to spare, so I tried the best combination.
Summon the creature and the demon first, then attack with fireballs until the demon vanishes..
And keep running!

But I have to agree, after installing the addon the fight was almost impossible as the skill for 2-handed swords was almost worthless.
Also after installing the addon my creature was gone, I had to wait for a moment to get it activated again.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I had the Healing Ghost maxed, the Dual Wield maxed and a lot of other Dragon Knighs skills. If only I had known better, that fight would've been really easy!

R
stranger
stranger
R
I didnt have a problem at all. First I was on medium, and I beat it second try. Then I switched to hard and beat it after 5 or 6 times. I used summon demon level 7, explosive arrows 11, magic blast 10, destruction 10, reflect 10. and thats basically all I used. I just ran around jumping over people while my explosive arrows and magic blast would cool down, and fire them off whenever anyone was on my radar, then keep running and jumping, and drank potions. I was level 34, my stats were pretty even around 33 each or so. I didnt use any matched armor either.

One thing that might have helped me out was that I had high retribution aura enchantments on most of my gear.

Last edited by rokhard; 02/07/12 03:33 AM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I was level 35, I always spend all my stat point to int and then vit, I only spend my skill on fireball + firewall + whirlwind + summon demon also few at another skill

with noble set armor mixed with unthrings set(I meet bug on raze and xanlosh so can't get full uthrings armor set, yeah only have cuirass and helmet ) my hp is 900 and my mana is 400 full equip with mixed resistance level 9 (because if I make for level 10 then it need malachite but I don't want use my malachite)

play on normal, on DKS I didn't meet that difficult or really trouble for me, when start to battle, the enemy get their weapon while u should flee to another wall then summon your creature and then your demon...............I don't know maybe play as pure mage more easy than play as pure warrior

my strategy is just cast fireball + firewall and then whirlwind and then don't let your hero body endure their repeatedly attack, try to flee to another are after cast that spell

if I can give vote, I will vote fight berhlin + Ygerna more difficult on FOV than when you face Zandalor + Lucian + their paladin at Ygerna memory

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard