Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

Playing through Beyond Divinity and loving it. However I have come across a slighty frustrating bug. Some monsters (mainly casters and ranged attackers) will position themselves either in or near walls or other such borders. If I kill them, then I am unable to pick up the item they drop as the item is in a non-PC zone (i.e either between walls, or in lava etc). Most of the time this is just mildly annoying. However I've had the same issue with a mob who dropped a quest item I needed and had to reload the game and attempt to lure the mob away from the walls.

I release that Beyond Divinity is an old game now (well old by PC gameing standards) but a bug fix for this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,

Raven

stranger
stranger
I have noticed the same problem
BUMP

Support
Support

I had loot drop into walls a couple times in act 1, but after that the terrain is more open and the chances of this happening are much lower.

You may be able to drag and drop an item into your inventory, or onto a character's portrait, even if your lead character can not move close enough to grab something when you click on it.

There is a way to get a summoning doll through walls, etc, which may allow you to grab loot (armory trick in act 1). In acts 2 and 3 you have teleporter stones that may allow you to reach otherwise inaccessible locations, as well.

Any stuck quest items may be replaceable: Inventory files.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard