#339880 25/09/06 02:02 PM
K
kenace Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
help please i have problems with divine divinity every now and again say about
1hr or so the game just crashes and i dont know what to do.

i have updated it before but the crashes came more often making it so i couldn't
even play the game cos it crashes before i even get to load the game up

someone please help

kenace #339881 25/09/06 08:58 PM
Support
Support
Do the crashes seem random or associated with a particular event?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Does it make a difference if you run the configuration program and switch to software mode, and maybe reduce the resolution?

Have you checked for updated video drivers, etc? Some people with laptops have found the third party optimized Omega Drivers (for ATI or nVidia chipsets) better for gaming.

Try lowering your hardware sound acceleration a notch, or even disabling it completely (click Start | Run, type in dxdiag and hit Enter, then switch to the sound tab).

Troubleshooting Tips (& manual install procedure)

BTW, there are separate forums for Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity.

Raze #409314 20/03/10 06:44 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N
A couple of problems.

1) How do you make the charms go in the charm slots? I can't find a way and find no instructions.

2) When I have a skill and put a LOT of gold in training, it doesn't upgrade the skill. I'm throwing away gold at a useless trainer.

NAJimdaddy #409322 20/03/10 10:36 PM
Support
Support

In BD if you click on an equipped item with a charm quality, a charm window will open. If necessary move the charm window so it is not over the inventory window, and then just drag and drop charms from your inventory (etc) to the charm window to permanently add them to the piece of equipment. For D2:ED I replied to your other post.

In both D2:ED and BD, learning a skill from a trainer increases the level cap, but does not give you any additional levels of the skill; you still have to add skill points yourself.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard