Page 1 of 2 1 2
#411776 28/04/10 09:26 AM
T
thirion Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
so yea, i know there's a div2 expansion in development, but it will be just a patch on to div 2.
my question is, if, and when, there will be a div 3 game, how do you expect it to be?
how do you expect it to look? and so on and so forth.. =)

old hand
old hand
I can't comment on Divinity 3, but regarding Flames of Vengeance, it's actually quite extensive for an add-on and to just call it a patch would be doing disservice to the amount of work that's been put in.

addict
addict
Yea show some respect

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
My guessing is that the term expansion is unknown to the new generation kids, right?

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
veteran
veteran
I thought you say DLC but ok.

T
thirion Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I can't comment on Divinity 3, but regarding Flames of Vengeance, it's actually quite extensive for an add-on and to just call it a patch would be doing disservice to the amount of work that's been put in.

i diden't meant it to sound like it's an update patch on.
i tryed to give the frame picture, that it's gona run on the same graphics, and with some changes, would still be the same gameplay, on the same story ongo.

the idea to my question was, what graphic/gameplay/storyline, and details, would you hope for in the next game to come, not the expansion-because the expansion features are somewhat obvious.

so any way, sorry to diss =) have a happy moderating/playing

R
stranger
stranger
R
Flames of vengeace seems like a expansion to me like dragon age awakening and they dindt have announced yet dragon age 2 so lets waits for this expansion/add-on

stranger
stranger
I hope Divinity III goes back to the series root, with isometric perspective and the beautiful 2D art. I loved the mix between Diablo and Ultima, and I REALLY missed this on Divinity II.

Playing RPGs since Akalabeth.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RyuRanX
I hope Divinity III goes back to the series root, with isometric perspective and the beautiful 2D art. I loved the mix between Diablo and Ultima, and I REALLY missed this on Divinity II.

I used to prefer an isometric view for my RPGs, but I've grown to like a more personal camera view.

Divinity II: Ego Draconis has become my favorite Divinity title.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
R
stranger
stranger
R
changing now is a big mistake, and i think diablo 3 will sell well because of the fans are huge.
if i were them i would expand the world improve the game about the mistakes they did in this title they can learn it for divinity 3 and not do again.
if they follow the path of divinity 2 i think in the future larian can have one of the best rpgs outthere.
even Two worlds failed in the 1st game and now the sequel shows promise

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RyuRanX

I disagree. There's absolutely no need for that except for the sake of nostalgia. The isomentric perspective and sprites isn't what made Divine Divinity good. It wasn't that we could pick up and move every individual cup, plate and fork

What made Divine Divinity good was the wide-open world with lots of interesting NPC's and interlocking and interrelated quests which were more than just simple fetch or "kill me the monstar" quests.

T
thirion Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
yea, i agree with stabbey.
every game i play is all about "kill that monster X times" or "kill that monster untill Y drops"
and the all time fevorite "go talk to this guy, so he can send you back to me"

the originality and the unique quests in divinity 1 made the game a success, and gave it a life.
if divinity 3 want to be a success, it needs that kind of viraity in quests collection.

lol, i personaly can list tons of idea's on what a div3 should have, out of what div2exp wont probebly get (like a server and multiplayer gameplay with achivment's. meh..)

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Will this expansion be available for purchase on Xbox Live? Whatever DV3 comes out to be...I bet it will be great, they did a good job on this one afterall

Support
Support

Yes, the add-on will be released on PC and on Xbox Live Marketplace.

veteran
veteran
I love both perspectives: 2D and 3D too!

Like Stabbey and others say I agree: a game is for me good if the Quests are like in DD!
And for me the Skills are also important! Personal I find the Skills in DD better, more possibilities like Repair, Identify, Know Creature ...
... The Alchemy-system I find more fun in DD than in D II.
But still, I find D II very good and fun and take it like it is, despites all my "nostalgy" to the DD world biggrin

PS: so I simply choose to play Divine Divinity again (on steam-version), still !! delight

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
is this expansion going to be on all consoles or just computer, or just xbox?

Support
Support

PC and Xbox.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Personally, I'd like to see other kinds of games taking place within this universe as well.

I could imagine Adventure games, SIMs and RTS.

But that's just my opinion ... wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
stranger
stranger
does anyone know when they are making it, and the release date, or around the time that it is going to be coming out

Support
Support

They will be starting on Divinity 3 as soon as they finish off other projects. See A quick status update.

A release date would be wild conjecture at this point.

DD - 2002
BD - 2004
D2:ED - 2009/2010
FoV/DKS - 2010 (expected)
D3 ... 2015, or so ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard