Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zercus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Just wanted to state my opinion on this game i found it to have a great story line if you take the time to complete the Quests you def get your moneys worth i rather like RPG games in my opinion I'd take this game over Oblivion any day both of them Marrow Wind was good though, this game makes the player have to seek out and find the quests for him self there is no arrow showing you the way i have just Taken over the battle tower at LvL 19 and look forward to finishing the game

veteran
veteran
It got what it deserves. Now there is only two way for the franchise: improve and fix things or make clones like with Call of Duty.

Z
Zercus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Yea i must agree with you on that i havent ran into any problems with the game glitching till after i posted this forum then while i was attacking my character just started to fall through the game n lucky for me i saved a few minutes prior or i would b one very upset gamer lol

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Kein
It got what it deserves. Now there is only two way for the franchise: improve and fix things or make clones like with Call of Duty.

I disagree. There is always one more way it could go.

They could go the route of Mass Effect 2 and completely bombard the game with "Improvements" it didn't need and slice out 90% of the content that made it a great game in the first place.

veteran
veteran
Sorry, but what you say make no sense. With part of my speech you disagree? Wit this: "improve and fix things"? ;P

addict
addict
I agree entirely. Divinity II: Ego Draconis has become my favorite RPG this generation. Well, that and The Witcher. :P

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
A
veteran
veteran
A
My favourite RPG of this "generation" has become Drakensang and the follow-up (not published in English language yet).

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
Yea drakensang is good game

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
old hand
old hand
Divinity 2 did receive rather good reviews in general. Check out Metacritic... it's just the "major" (read: American) gaming sites that gave lackluster reviews, which they usually do with European developed games.

Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
My favourite RPG of this "generation" has become Drakensang and the follow-up (not published in English language yet).

Same here.

Last edited by virumor; 20/05/10 07:25 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
This game got the reviews it deserved, there were some design choices made that really hurt this game a lot.

D
stranger
stranger
D
This game needs more props, its excellent. its only American's that don't really like it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I just started playing this game yesterday and am really enjoying the experience. I'm not normally a player who enjoys the "free form" RPG like Morrowwind, but this game is different. I just reached 5th level yesterday and figured out how to use the charms.

And, I am American. Please don't stereotype all Americans in one pot...I do my utter best not to stereotype anyone else based on their nationality, skin colour or religion. Thank you.

apprentice
apprentice
The games great, anybody who has had the good fortune of playing it will know this it's just a shame most review's are so inacurate and it's a bigger shame that people listen to them preventing them from playing divinity in the first place but what can we do apart from brainwashing everybody with divinity mania

M
stranger
stranger
M
Not much of a shame. There were tons of glitches, and there's especially nothing worse than an rpg that has problems with its' save function (tons of glitches associated with it). There was no branching storyline, just an illusion of one, and that is a serious letdown. Why can't you see people who are on the ground when you are a dragon..?

and btw. The ending sucked.

veteran
veteran
In the meanwhile mojokabobo,
I known now more than enough you find this game bad!! rolleyes suspicion

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

There are branching quest lines. It is hard to have distinct main plot quest branches and reconcile an add-on and sequel that occur shortly afterwards which include some of the same characters. With enough time or distance the different endings of one game may not matter for the beginning of the next in a series, but if the same plotline is carries through multiple games that is not the case.

The game was originally designed to allow the dragon form to attack ground opponents, but it required too much memory and had too much of a frame rate hit; see Lar's post in the topic Design ideas for Divinity 3 (mostly for Larian).

I liked the ending.

Welcome to the forum. wave

M
stranger
stranger
M

sleep

You got that copied down somewhere so you can just paste it in? I'm sure you get this all the time.

Last edited by mojokabobo; 24/05/10 11:02 PM.
Support
Support

No, I searched for a previous post about the lack of air to ground combat and copied from there. This does come up occasionally, though, and I do have a text file with frequently required info (savegame location, links to topics about defeating Amdusias or the hall of echoes, etc).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard