Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
i just finished it on XBOX 360 and you can`t imagine the feeling i had for buying the CD.it`s end is way way too stupid after all the work i doone after all the things i did just to see what talana would remark on it with her fine words and killing the soon to be alive divine what the hell is that......

i entered the hall of echoes and was thrilled with all those memory eaters the waves i killed even i put it on hard mode just to get more thrilled but then after i entered the yrgema`s memory room and killed the divine which i read it would be sad after wards i found out that talana was yrgema and all what i`ve done and the quest of raising yrgema to kill damian was just a blurp so they would be both reunited and it was a true bummer

has anyone felt sad after ending it,though it`s story line before the ending is great

addict
addict
yap sad

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Support
Support

You didn't kill the divine, just a memory of him.

Ending is a MAJOR disappointment. (etc)

Yeah, it was sad, but cheer up q.q, Flames of Vengeance is on the way.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
old hand
old hand
Yeh, with FOV, we are talking about the main character giving ass kickings with spikey steel boots!

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Yeah, you certainly do feel f*cked when The Divine explains you that you've been a pawn in Damian's game all along, even without Damian knowing about it. (Which is quite weird isn't it, mabye Damian isn't all that mighty after all)

Actually I'm starting to suspect Damian is simply some wimpy coward, I mean.. when does he ACTUALLY engage in combat? he always runs away when you see him.

I think Ygerna's the main villain, and Damian the submissive husband. (Damian, could you fetch that? - Damian could you take out the trash please? ) On the other hand, I hadn't expected Ygerna to be this strong.. she's just a simple Black Ring member after all..

Support
Support

Damian needed you alive in order to open a gateway into the Hall of Echoes (Patriarch already refusing to help him). I don't know about being a "wimpy coward", but he doesn't seem to have matured a great deal emotionally since he was a 15 year old infatuated with his first girlfriend.

Maybe Ygerna gained strength from being soul forged with Damian. Maybe she learned more from awakening the aspect of the Lord of Chaos in Damian than she did from the Black Ring and her necromancer father (who was relatively strong, but not enough to defy the Black Ring's orders).
The time spent in the hall of echoes may have helped as well; presumably if she could reach out enough to find a mind weak enough to be manipulated but strong enough to resurrect her, she may have started off learning from the minds of the recently deceased. That and she did have a lot of free time on her hands to devote to a single problem...

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I wasn't aware of the fact that Damian tried to get into the Hall of Echoes far before you even turned into a Dragon Knight, but it seems pretty logical to say the least. (He wanted to get to his beloved after all)

But I'm not to sure if that's the reason he let you alive, after all - how could he possibly know you were going to get that far. He calls you a "whelpling" with other words a "minor problem" he put quite some Black Ring enemies against you, he certainly wasn't going soft on the Dragon Knight at all. (Except for himself doing the fighting, that is)

I have the idea a little more information regarding Ygerna will be revealed in the next Expansion, because if she is able to learn and get stronger in the Hall of Echoes, wouldn't any other decent necromancer/mage that ends up in the Halls be able to do the same thing? Which is quite unlogical. I mean I know she was forced to relive the same Memory over and over again, but she was dead right? just as dead as everyone else in the Halls of Echoes.

Support
Support

After you talk to Patriarch, Damian mentions something about listening to your conversation since the dragon refused to help him, and calls you a pawn, etc.
I assume the various underlings ordered to take care of you were a test. If they could succeed you were not strong enough to be of any use. He didn't have to know you would become powerful enough to reach the hall of echoes; being the last dragon knight, you were pretty much his only chance of getting the dragon to open the way.

I would guess the soul forge (which Damian performed moments after her execution) is what allowed Ygerna to keep her memories and reach back into Rivellon. Presumably anyone can get stronger in the hall of echoes (Lady Kara and Lord John went from level 21 in the bunker at the start of the fjords to level 31 in the arena), but I assume the trick is keeping your memories long enough to be able to do something more than hang around to get revenge on the person who sent you there.

addict
addict
What I really hate is that I finished game as fucking mage who was powerful enough to bring down divine and other on hard with little trouble
as I mage I should be wise enough not to be cheated from pesky wife

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
old hand
old hand
You were a mortal mage that entered the immortal realm. Damian is a powerful demon that knows both the mortal and immortal realms all too well. He did something just as heart wrenching in Beyond Divinity. Damian has a few more aces then your character did. FoV is where you get your revenge.

Wisdom is earned threw trial and error of those before you and your own experiences.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/06/10 04:00 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard