Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Libertarian
Originally Posted by ghdfans2010
Thanx so much for your detailed info. I love and appreciate the updates, but I'd like to hear what's going on with an Xbox 360 version.

Go away. We don't support sweatshops.

Ugh, spammers.

Anyways, I was in Gamestop today and still no listing for the Dragon Knight Saga. frown Will this definitely come to North America, Larian?

No publisher/distributor has been announced for the US.
Only the European Publishers have been announced.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm wondering about different of Flame of Vengeance and The Dragon Knight Saga.

Flame of Vengeance releases before The Dragon Knight Saga, so Flame of Vengeance doesn't have new engine for Ego Draconis? (Only new engine Flame of Vengeance part.)

I'm Thai.
Sorry for my grammar.

I don't post much, but reading.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Well, I think it has.

Saga is only kind of a "wrap up" for me.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

I though the English version of FoV and DKS were both set for an October release? The German FoV will be released mid August.

FoV does include engine updates, bug fixes, etc for D2:ED. DKS changes actual content of the D2:ED section of the game (so far the flying fortresses seem to be the biggest difference announced). DKS may include more updates or texture changes, etc, than are included with FoV, but if so it has not been mention to what extent.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I see, if DKS changes D2:ED content then I guess I'll wait for DKS.

I'm Thai.
Sorry for my grammar.

I don't post much, but reading.
old hand
old hand
Might as well, it is why I didn't install it yet on my computer. I'll wait for the FOV and play threw it from start to end to end. I'm sure this will be awesome.

I'd suggest you play threw the Demo to get an idea what the game will look like. Just to mess around a bit. It will feel like you played a game that is in Beta compared to the FOV release. The controls will be on thing improved from that demo edition.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 23/07/10 05:33 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
It will feel like you played a game that is in Beta compared to the FOV release.

I doubt so. I know FOV and Divinity 2, and both are playing well - each one on its own.

To say one of both is "playing like a beta" is like saying a Volkswagen is like a beta compared to an BMW.

Which is unfair, in my eyes.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Usually the beta games I've played ended up getting good polishing overs before final release. There has been a lot of upgrades since I've played D2 the way it is.

You are right though, I did feel satisfied with D2 as it was. Felt like a good movie that will have a good sequel.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 24/07/10 03:15 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
Wait is there a patch or DLC to add the extra content from DKS without buying it or does it only come with the DKS package?

Money doesn't buy happiness ... But I'd rather cry in my Ferrari.

'We are the Ordo Malleus, Demons and Heretics shall fall before our Might!'
Support
Support

There will be a patch for D2:ED that includes bug fixes and engine updates, etc. On the PC there will be a separate release of the add-on and DKS (the combined remastered D2:ED and addon); on Xbox there will just be the DKS release. The remastered parts of DKS (changes to the flying fortresses probably being the biggest change mentioned) will presumably only be part of DKS.

stranger
stranger
Damn I was hoping there might be a DLC for the 360 ... Ehh shit happens. I may just have to buy DKS if it turns out there are some major changes (besides what we already know).

Money doesn't buy happiness ... But I'd rather cry in my Ferrari.

'We are the Ordo Malleus, Demons and Heretics shall fall before our Might!'
Support
Support

Larian originally intended to release FoV as DLC on the Xbox, but it ended up being too large for that.

old hand
old hand
Micro$oft has the three L's
Limitations
Licenses
Lumps of cash

Thus why I won't own an X-box

Last edited by LightningLockey; 25/07/10 05:56 AM.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I think the term "beta games" ist just another step inte generall degrading development studios,
who normally aren't responsible for delivering the games in such a bad state, but instead the publishers are, due to their pressure(s) to release a game to certain dates (which, cynically put, often run parallel to report dates to shareholders).

In case of Divinity 1 for example rumor says that CDV Germany just didn't give them any money anymore. "Publish or perish" at its most literal state.

In my perception, the gamers who rant about the bad state of games are imho too often looking away from the responsibility (or guilt, in the case of games shipping in a bad state) of the publishers.

Instead, the same gamers fire their cannons of hatred against the developers,
meanwhile the developers are nowadays too often squeezed among hammer & anvil.

Publishers are imho often not regarded as their should compared to their influence & might & money.

--Dilbert cartoon

i disagree largly limitation wize iv never encounterd any and of couse it would be soooooo evil of them to charge you $200 for an xbox and $40 a year if you cant aford that i sugest you sell some stuff to keep up to the world.

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
Arcania: Gothic IV, Two Worlds II (supposedly just got pushed from September), and Fallout: New Vegas are all set for an October release. Now we have this also coming in October. My question is, have RPG developers gone completely mad? We get nothing for so long, then they all bombard us at one time.

First off, what's up there, old friend?bow Hope all is well with you.

Anyway, October is indeed looking insane. I am actually expecting a repeat of last year with a bunch of incoming delays. If not, then I'll just have to put some games off for awhile. Two Worlds II, Arcania: Gothic 4, Fable III and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow are all insta-buys for me. While the Dragon Knight Saga is still a must buy, it may have to wait a month or so because of all the other new titles. Too bad they could not nail down September. That would work great for me.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ironcreed
Arcania: Gothic IV, Two Worlds II (supposedly just got pushed from September), and Fallout: New Vegas are all set for an October release. Now we have this also coming in October. My question is, have RPG developers gone completely mad? We get nothing for so long, then they all bombard us at one time.

Anyway, October is indeed looking insane. I am actually expecting a repeat of last year with a bunch of incoming delays. If not, then I'll just have to put some games off for awhile. Two Worlds II, Arcania: Gothic 4, Fable III and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow are all insta-buys for me. While the Dragon Knight Saga is still a must buy, it may have to wait a month or so because of all the other new titles. Too bad they could not nail down September. That would work great for me.

Howdy there! smile

All the titles you just mentioned, and we also have Enslaved, Vanquish, True Crime: Hong Kong, etc.

But like you, Iron, I'm also expecting a repeat of last year and previous years before it. I welcome delays when there is so much, but I also get slightly mad when a developer/publisher keeps delaying and can't nail down a firm release date. If you're not certain, don't nail a release date to it.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Originally Posted by ironcreed

Howdy there! smile

All the titles you just mentioned, and we also have Enslaved, Vanquish, True Crime: Hong Kong, etc.

But like you, Iron, I'm also expecting a repeat of last year and previous years before it. I welcome delays when there is so much, but I also get slightly mad when a developer/publisher keeps delaying and can't nail down a firm release date. If you're not certain, don't nail a release date to it.

Exactly, man. I prefer the, "when it is done, it's done" approach. It seems like every year all of the high profile and even lower profile releases get place holder dates all slammed together in October. Then lo and behold, here come the delays. Regardless, I am going to be swamped as hell. Just wish I had some definite dates.

old hand
old hand
Until I've been a customer for Larian, and they explained the whole deal about how publishers work. I've never realized how hard it is for a new company. Also didn't realize how much more they wanted in DD. Thing is the game would have probably become too large.

The only thing I didn't like about DD was the final level seemed generic and was getting bored with it. It really had no structure, just felt like a rat maze. Was hoping it be as interesting as the sewers were. Other then that, I don't know how they could have made it any better and will most likely be playing it from start to finish again within the next year... there are maybe five or six games total that I enjoy as much as DD. Only one other is an RPG and that is Zelda LttP.

veteran
veteran
On this moment the only other game, beside of The Dragon Knight Saga, I've an eye on is Gothic IV.
But first reading what people say about that game on fora and within Christmastime I buy myself The Dragon Knight Saga for Xbox and after that begin to play again in Farglow and just stop if I end Flames of Vengeance . biggrin

But I can understand many gamers going crazy about gamesrelaeses that comes all together in october !! smirk
Just to say : keep up the "best game(s)" wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard