#414995 29/06/10 01:02 PM
P
Pike Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi
After reading the forum on this problem, I found that the setting the Div.exe to win98/ME solved this problem in win7 as well. It seems to be running fine well into the game.

I thought I'd play this game again after completing Stonekeep (can you believe it!). Some of these old RPG's have great re-playability value smile

Alan

Support
Support

Did you encounter the Inventory graphic placement bug just playing normally, or did you just switch to Win9x compatibility mode as a precaution?

I've got a few old game I may get around to playing / replaying someday. Ultima VII and Wizardry VII are probably the oldest that I'd actually play...

Welcome to the forum. wave

P
Pike Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi Raze
Yes, I travelled past the imp village with the problem. I thought that I'd be able to complete the game ignoring the problem but when you start to get (and need) better equipment it becomes v. annoying.

Interestingly, playing now there are still inventory items that are wrong i.e. a sash description but a ring slot size. I simply don't put these in the inventory - sometimes they just dissappear with a 50/50 chance of them leaving the stats they contain with the character.

Apart from the above, the game is rumming great.

As in the years gone by, I am in awe of your patience and response times smile

Cheers
Alan

Support
Support

Did you start a new game after enabling the compatibility mode?

P
Pike Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Yes, I did not re-install I simply created a new character and overwrote....wroteover....rightagain... er replaced the save games when nec'

Support
Support

You shouldn't need to re-install; just creating a new character should have been enough. Hopefully it will not get worse than an occasional glitch...

You can delete / move / zip old saves in Windows Explorer, if you wish (from the save/load windows you can delete saves one at a time by selecting them and hitting the trash can icon beside the save name text box.
Each save is a separate subfolder in the '..\Beyond Divinity\savegames' folder.
Under Vista/7, depending on how the user accounts are set up, if you install the game to the default Program Files path, Windows can create separate savegame folders for each user, and then map that folder to the game's savegame folder (so it will just see the saves for the relevant user).
C:\Users\ %account name% \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Larian Studios\Beyond Divinity\savegames

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard