Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
stranger
NO it most certainly wouldn't. That would be the dumbest idea they could use. This is because the people that want the game more likely than not have already bought it, therefore they would have to buy a brand new game just to get F.O.V.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
thanks for the info.. now do we uk gamers start storming you with pitchforks now or do we need an appointment :P

chomping at the bit for some new ed goodness #

hoping for a release date soon.

good luck

A
veteran
veteran
A
@Lar & The team : I bought myself the soundtrack CD to the movie "how to train your drafgon". A wholly different approach to dragons, eh ? wink

Another thought I recently had was that of Rhode/Rhoda - the great dragon huntress - actually becoming a dragon-knight, too ! delight Having to travel and fight together with the game's hero - even more banter ! delight

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
I've yet to see the movie, How to Train Your Dragon, but it sounds like the dragons don't eat people, raise farm houses with their firey breath or are ridden by lizard men from the Black Ring to hunt down the Divine One.

Just doesn't sound like a movie for me to watch...

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
honestly when every man sees a cute blond girl they all start drolling.

On Topic:

there is another idea that can be added. i was thinking insted of useing the dragon stone you can use the morph stone to travel to the platforums make it more real plus the view of the whole area would be soo awesome and romantic... but thats not the point, the point is im trying to say is the flying range where you ascend into the air is too low i was thinking to make it more real you can go alot higher then ever before but of corse there is gona be a limit to that too all im just saying is increase the attitude range of the dragon to make it go higher and over the mountins and also there will be bosses in those ranges you have to face to calm over a certin area of the sky im not saying really powerful ones im thinking of dragons that had been cursed by hatred and revenge on foes such as damian who wants to take over there home area which of course is the sky also they bosses will have his own minions like the ground bosses which you have to fight to the top to find and destory the bosses and his fortess, thats right im talking about sky fortress that even damian has no idea where they are cos there soo high in the sky but low enough to the ground where you can breath air, high enough where the challenges take place in a massive sky battle and this can also be a mutliplayer part of the game they more enemys you kill the higher you clime into the ranking system and which only that tells you how powerful you become. theres of course player VS player sky battles it can even be one massive sky any one can join in and it turns into a giant blood bath which will get every ones drenillne working soo hard it will cos you to keep climeing the ranks in the game.

P.S oh my god this is alot to say but hey i think its worth it and dubble the fun even tripple

Last edited by Akatosh; 07/07/10 06:32 AM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
A few days ago I thought of something entirely different (and I'm SURE you'll laugh ! biggrin ) :

Everyone knows that I'm just - so to say - a "fan" of unicorns ...

So I thought . How about something entirely different . A hero could "morph" into a kind of Unicorn ... instead of a dragon ... I don't think boys would like to play this, but girls perhaps ... horse-related video games are quite a niche market, I think Radon Labs of Drakensang fame did one or two ... I have here installed one that's called "Sarah 2 : The secred of the unicorn foal" ... I think I actually managed to severely shock a few male customers in a Gamestop shop once where I bought it ... biggrin

So ... This kind of gmes exists. It's only a matter of the audience. nd i assume that boys and men rather like to play war-like things, themes and games, than something different. Just take a look t the kinds of games that are mainly played by male gamers ! If I look into any PC gming magazine, 95 % already are filled with games related to wars, shootings, strategy, explosions, killing, guns ... Even games like Civ are mainly played - I fear so - for the war-like prospect of them, rather not for developing cultures.

On tghe other hand, farming games like this one on Face Book which name I forgiot, are also insanely popular. Who had expected this ? No-one !

The problem is simply : will it sell ? The SIMs DO sell - and that although NO publisher wanted to publish it at first ! I can't help but assume that publishing companies were rather thinking : "This is a girl's game. It wouldn't sell on a male dominated platform that is the PC !".

it's a shame that such an enormously (already) big company like EA saw it through. They somehow realized there IS a base of female players - which usually no publisher admits to be there - or simply doesn't see, perhaps because their marketing people are male, too ?

In a recent scientific article about studies about stress with rats, a female (!) investigator found out that these stress-related studies were mainly performed by men, who "used" mal rats for study. Hence all of these studies were/became distorted, because female rats behave differently towards stress.

It's kind of like ... patriarchy still working on, silently.

And so is video gaming.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
stranger
stranger
S
Unicorns? No thanks, dragons suit me fine, and you are right though, no sane man/boy would play a unicorn game.

veteran
veteran
Hmm ... I'm a real man, but I like an unicorn too, like AlrikFassbauer.
I find it a mysterious animal ! But for in a game? I never played a game with unicorns ... so I CAN'T say I like a game with this animal,
but who knows .... ? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Spartan717
Unicorns? No thanks, dragons suit me fine, and you are right though, no sane man/boy would play a unicorn game.

EXACTLY what I have predicted ! delight I KNEW this reaction would happen ! delight

--Dilbert cartoon

Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
And there you have it then - an X360 version is coming as well as something else for PC. Here's the announcement which is imminent:

"Today we are very happy to announce that this fall, Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga will be released.

Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga includes the complete and re-mastered adventure Divinity II - Ego Draconis , featuring new content and an improved engine, as well as the brand new adventure Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance , which will also be available seperately. Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga offers a total of over 60 hours of gameplay and more than 180 original quests that combine into a fantastic role playing experience.

Divinity II – The Dragon Knight Saga will be released in Europe in October 2010 on PC and Xbox 360. More details will be announced soon."

So, to avoid confusion - what we're planning on doing is :

Release Flames Of Vengenace seperately on PC
Release Ego Draconis (remastered heavily) together with Flames Of Vengeance on PC & X360 under the name The Dragon Knight Saga.

You can take that "remastered heavily" part seriously as we've literally redesigned almost all dragon parts, especially the flying fortresses, drastically changed loot/enemies and retouched quite some artwork. The net result is a much more streamlined experience that is a lot more fun (we think wink )

The international PC versions of FOV will be released simultanously with The Dragon Knight Saga whereas the German version of FOV is about to be declared gold, as in, next week I think.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Excellent News!

Any word on a North American release date for the 360?

Last edited by Dae; 08/07/10 12:37 PM.
veteran
veteran
Great news, thanks Lar_q !!

I go for .... The Dragon Knight Saga for my Xbox with the heavely remastered version of Ego Draconis delight !

My current Ego Draconis game on Xbox ... so far I understand I can't upgrade this version to the remastered one, so I think I take this as a recollection ... or give it for free to a friend ...

You say a total of over 60 hours of gameplay ... yes, certainly yes and for me at least double it!
And more if I try to play the whole Dragon Knight Saga on hardcore biggrin ... if I have time .... moooooore time and I have a Time-spell, I will make time :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
A
veteran
veteran
A
I have a question: The "remastered" part - is that included in FOV already ? Because about FOV it was said several times that it was "an overhaul", too.

--Dilbert cartoon

Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Several engine improvements are part of FOV, but in The Dragon Knight Saga we also modified the actual content e.g.. a flying fortress in Ego Draconis is not the same flying fortress as in The Dragon Knight Saga.

veteran
veteran
I find the Flying Fortresses great fun ! Only one thing I find a minus: after a while a little boring ... but that's because I was already too strong for my opponents ... one Magic blast and they are gone to Hell and go pray in Hell by their chief to ask him to resurrect them back to the living creatures :hihi: ...

I'm very curious HOW big the changes are on the new heavely remastered version (but let me be curious, don't say too much! biggrin ) ... but so far I know the LarianStudios Team, I have all the confident in them they make it an even Moooooore Great adventure & challenge !!!

I up for a fantastic "newborn" Dragon Knight Saga laugh

A
veteran
veteran
A
Oh, thanks for the information !

--Dilbert cartoon

journeyman
journeyman
So there will be no Flames of Vengeance release for the Xbox 360, that will update my current Ego Draconis to the remastered version?

Will I at least get an xtra 1000 achievementt points for going through it again in the Saga version?

How many achievement points will Saga contain? 1000 for the remastered and something exstra for Vengeance, or only 1000 in total?

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
Support
Support

The saved games should be compatible, I would think, to load/import an ED save into DKS.

old hand
old hand
So FOV On Xbox wont be standalone?
If not Its kind of disappointing.
Will the patch to add some Graphical enhancements still be released for consoles.

Still need to finish Div 2.
That'll be my task for summer.

October 2010 is the RPG Heaven this year.
I'll probably pick this up at the end of the year.

Newly Released Screenshots

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Several engine improvements are part of FOV, but in The Dragon Knight Saga we also modified the actual content e.g.. a flying fortress in Ego Draconis is not the same flying fortress as in The Dragon Knight Saga.

Looks like getting FOV is not the question here, b/c on the PC, you can buy it alone OR buy The Dragon Knight Saga Box.

So, if we already own Ego Draconis, will there be a free patch or some pay-DLC to patch it up to the Remastered Edition?

Or do you have to basically buy The Dragon Knight Saga re-release box set to get Ego Draconis - Remastered?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard