Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Strangely, Broken valley was far more difficult for my archer char then the Fjords. After reaching lvl 30, any challenge (except the final boss fight) just stopped there!

Kein, why are you so upset?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hmmmm... I didn't realize we could charge for it, I was thinking we'd offer it for free. Thanks for that idea Kein, I'll think about it over the weekend wink

That is a real good idea, I fully support it as long as Kein picks up the bill for everyone. Be a good income for Larian Studios.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
The fjords specifically have gotten a big treatment in terms of monster placement and we also got rid of most of those annoying shield puzzles.

Shield Puzzles
Silly question probably coming - what shield puzzles?
Is there a thread about them "shield puzzles" around here?

About The FJords & Monster Placement
So, what has changed in the Fjords, basically?
Have the level numbers of monsters changed?
Have the number of enemies in a area w/ mobs of enemies been changed?
Are there respawns of monsters in ALL areas? Some areas? NO respawns at all still?

old hand
old hand
The anti-dragon areas that if you flew into would be instant death. They looked like giant reddish bubbles from a distance.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
J
stranger
stranger
J
hi
Does any body know when the english version is out?
thanks in advance
and btw the good thing about this game in my openion is the no respawn, or its best to have a tik in the options about it, no respawn is good, espacially when u need to get past the same place several times.
The game feels more realistic that way.

old hand
old hand
Well, in ED you sort of live in a normal world, so a constant respawn would (in my opinion) break the logic of that world. In FoV, when you fight against undead creatures, the respawn fits into the world, too. At least for those enemies.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'd like to add my vote for a EDFoVToDKS patch. I know it will be difficult for you guys to justify this expense given it's for people that won't then buy DKS. May I suggest that you could reduce the cost of distributing such a large patch by releasing it as a torrent. I for one would leave it sharing to support the effort.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by CaptainAmazing
I'd like to add my vote for a EDFoVToDKS patch. I know it will be difficult for you guys to justify this expense given it's for people that won't then buy DKS. May I suggest that you could reduce the cost of distributing such a large patch by releasing it as a torrent. I for one would leave it sharing to support the effort.

What's to justify?

ED Original gamers have to basically BUY Flames of Vengeance expansion to get the DKS Upgrade Patch - which is basically to turn ED Original into ED Remastered. FOV will likely cost $30-40 USD, I'd guess - like most expansion packs. Most gamers probably already spent some fair amount of money on ED Original and just need the FOV expansion to get that patch to complete their experience and turn their game into The Dragon Knight Saga. Most likely, ED Original gamers probably already spent at least $20 retail on ED Original or more ($19.99 is currently right now what ED Original now costs on Amazon - cheapest I've seen that game here in The States). I'm sure there's plenty of ED Original gamers who spent already $40-50 on that game alone.

ED Original gamers are STILL left out of the picture here, when it comes to ED Remastered. They don't even get a upgrade to turn ED Original into Remastered - whether that upgrade is FREE or sold as DLC. Hell, a ED Original -> ED Remastered upgrade isn't even being sold as DLC, for those who have no interest in FOV.

ED Original owners have to buy FOV or just flat-out buy DKS (ED Remastered + FOV) to complete the DKS - or they are out of luck. FOV will likely go for $30-40 USD upon release, I'd guess. Do the math - that's probably AT LEAST $50 gamers will spend or have spent on getting ED Original + FOV. When Divinty 2: Dragon Knight Saga Edition comes out, I bet it'll retail for around what most new game releases go for - $50-60 USD.

I'd betting most gamers who liked Divinity 2: Ego Draconis, they'd probably buy Flames of Vengeance just for the new FOV content. Tossing in that ED+FOV -> DKS patch sweetens the deal, making there a good reason for gamers to even think about buying FOV Expansion. Sure, the upgrade to DKS download might be huge in size and quite extensive - but, it'll make due for now, for those who got fast Internet connections and are willing to take on the long download times and long install times.

If there was no plans for a ED+FOV patch, there'd probably be no reason for ED Original owners to even think to buy the FOV expansion at all. They might as well just buy DKS straight-up to get EVERYTHING - whether they do it upon its initial release or sometime later (likely when there's a price-drop or good sale price going on somewhere).

Also, keep in mind - The Witcher owners DID get a free upgrade to Witcher: Enhanced, when Witcher: Enhanced came out. It was one HUGE-as-sin patch when it came out, I might add, too. That's a good way to do business, if you ask me. I'm sure some owners of Witcher: Original probably bought Witcher: Enhanced, so they just install the entire Witcher: Enhanced Edition in one shot.

Last edited by MysterD; 15/09/10 10:53 PM.
Support
Support

ED Original gamers have to basically BUY Flames of Vengeance expansion to get the DKS Upgrade Patch

A conversion patch would still involve additional costs in time and resources (testing, distribution, etc) over and above that for the add-on, with no additional income. While providing that option would certainly be a good thing, the costs vs benefits still have to be justified.

Hell, a ED Original -> ED Remastered upgrade isn't even being sold as DLC, for those who have no interest in FOV.

Those who have no interest in FoV also do not care that opponent placement and chest contents have been adjusted in DKS, or the flying fortresses redesigned, and will be fine with the upcoming D2:ED patch without any remastered content.

ED Original owners have to buy FOV or just flat-out buy DKS (ED Remastered + FOV) to complete the DKS - or they are out of luck.

That sounds like pretty much every other add-on released, where there was also a gold (etc) combined edition of the game and add-on.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by MysterD

If there was no plans for a ED+FOV patch, there'd probably be no reason for ED Original owners to even think to buy the FOV expansion at all. They might as well just buy DKS straight-up to get EVERYTHING

Exactly. So they should just buy DKS. It would be like getting FoV and your beloved patch. It would simply cost more. Think of it as the price you pay for having had several months of playing ED in its embryonic form before those of us who have waited for DKS.

K
stranger
stranger
K
MysterD, I agree

This what RED's did with The Witcher was great. I bought The Witcher original version. Then, after realising expansion patch, I've just downloaded the patch, installed it and I had full Witcher: Enhanced Edition ready to play. It worked perfectly. I understand it is a bit more work for Larian but from The Witched history perspective, that's one of the best solutions - I will definitely buy The Wither 2, having in mind quality and service received from CD RED Studio.

The other option may be to sell DKS for D2:ED original owners for lower price (say for the price of FoV).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by kaczkat
MysterD, I agree

This what RED's did with The Witcher was great. I bought The Witcher original version. Then, after realising expansion patch, I've just downloaded the patch, installed it and I had full Witcher: Enhanced Edition ready to play. It worked perfectly. I understand it is a bit more work for Larian but from The Witched history perspective, that's one of the best solutions - I will definitely buy The Wither 2, having in mind quality and service received from CD RED Studio.

The other option may be to sell DKS for D2:ED original owners for lower price (say for the price of FoV).

Yeah, CDProjektRED definitely raised the bar for developers going the extra mile for their fanbase. And it worked- they earned loyalty! It's not something I'd expect as a given from Larian or other devs, but it doesn't hurt to ask, I suppose.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by kaczkat

How would they even go about doing this for gamers who only bought Retail Editions, though? I'd guess through some sort of online manufacturer's coupon would be the way - like Blur did. But, how would just ONLY the ED Original owners get such a coupon? Via e-mail or something? Also - how would they get retailers around the entire globe to even agree to such a thing?

This might be a MUCH easier ordeal for say owners of digital versions of games, from the digital distribution places like say Steam or Impulse - as they've already did such a thing for STALKER: Call of Pripyat - Loyalty Edition, since those games do take note of what you got installed or already bought on record. That STALKER: Call of Pripyat - Loyalty Edition version basically just required you have an installed copy of either STALKER: Clear Sky or STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. With that, then you could buy Pripyat - Loyalty Edition, at its set reduced price -- and it basically downloaded installed all the additional new content you needed from your digital distributor.

Last edited by MysterD; 16/09/10 10:07 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

ED Original gamers have to basically BUY Flames of Vengeance expansion to get the DKS Upgrade Patch

A conversion patch would still involve additional costs in time and resources (testing, distribution, etc) over and above that for the add-on, with no additional income. While providing that option would certainly be a good thing, the costs vs benefits still have to be justified.

If FOV shipped straight out-the-box w/ new FOV content on Disc 1 AND
That ED Original -> ED Remastered patch on Disc 2...
This issue would be pretty much solved.

And if they did charge a little bit more than usual for FOV b/c it did include the ED Remastered upgrade patch, so be it.

Hell, a ED Original -> ED Remastered upgrade isn't even being sold as DLC, for those who have no interest in FOV.

Those who have no interest in FoV also do not care that opponent placement and chest contents have been adjusted in DKS, or the flying fortresses redesigned, and will be fine with the upcoming D2:ED patch without any remastered content.

From what it looks like, we can start at Level 35 and plunge right into DKS. I'd guessing just like DA:O + Awakening on the PC, the game-worlds for both and everything are separate - even if all the content gets say installed into the same main directory.

I'm guessing here with FOV, the player CANNOT travel b/t game-worlds as they are playing via a portal or something...Larian or anybody know the answer to this one?

Now in Oblivion (original) + Shivering Isles (expansion), you can switch b/t gameworlds via a portal while in-game - b/c that is how the game was built. Probably was smart to do this, since the whole game's entirely level-scaled entirely, anyways.

ED Original owners have to buy FOV or just flat-out buy DKS (ED Remastered + FOV) to complete the DKS - or they are out of luck.

That sounds like pretty much every other add-on released, where there was also a gold (etc) combined edition of the game and add-on.

In MOST games, in the past...
Usually you can buy as you go along - Original Box + any expansion(s) + any DLC(s)...
And all the content you bought as you went along will EQUAL whatever the latest re-released version is.

DKS Edition is NOT the same as those who did buy ED Original + FOV.
Remember, FOV content is the SAME across ALL editions (DKS Edition or ED Original+FOV).

ED is NOT the same across ALL editions - ED Original owners just can't get ED Remastered period.
ED Owners have to buy FOV, to get the DKS Upgrade Patch. At least FOV owners have an option here to get DKS - via means of that planned patch.

For ED Original + FOV owners...
That ED Original+FOV -> DKS Patch, ED Original gets turned into ED Remastered.
ED Remastered + FOV = DKS Edition.

Last edited by MysterD; 16/09/10 10:41 PM.
Originally Posted by MysterD

If FOV shipped straight out-the-box w/ new FOV content on Disc 1 AND
That ED Original -> ED Remastered patch on Disc 2...
This issue would be pretty much solved.

And if they did charge a little bit more than usual for FOV b/c it did include the ED Remastered upgrade patch, so be it.

Don't forget, that people who already own (since August) FoV con only use the download.

Patch 1.03 Ger was already 1.87GB. So I don't mind if the Patch ED+FoV->DKE has one or two Gig more.

With this conversion patch has Larian only two Versions to support: the Original D2:ED and the D2:DKE. - Am I right?

Edit: forgot the launguage packs. That would mean one less Version per language to support.

Last edited by White Dragon; 18/09/10 08:46 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
So, what we could do is the following - we can provide a FOVTODKS patch which will transform ED+FOV into DKS, though if you apply it, you will not be able to load any of your old savegames. If that's what you'd like to have, knowing that your ED savegames will not work anymore, we can try to figure something out to make that a reality. It's also going to be a pretty big patch because really a lot of assets change.

Can you do the opposite?
Divinity 2 was lended to me by a friend who loved the game so much that he started "advertising" it in the group, so I got curious and tried to play it. I loved it too (just finished it) and decided to buy DKS when it will be out, to have the complete pack and finish the FoV story there.
But if it's not possible to import savegames then I will have to restart everything from scratch, and I already invested about 80 hours in this game, so restarting everything would a little bit of a problem...

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kein
and we also got rid of most of those annoying shield puzzles.

Huh?
And this supposed to make game... better?

Looks like I really don't understand something.

Yeah, sadly I don't think they got also rid of those annoying chests and doors which can't be lockpicked, which were far more annoying (expecially when the key was in another map)...

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The anti-dragon areas that if you flew into would be instant death. They looked like giant reddish bubbles from a distance.

Yeah, but now how do they stop us from going in areas we shouldn't go in (like the campions fortress)?

Support
Support

But if it's not possible to import savegames then I will have to restart everything from scratch

At least with D2:ED + FoV you can start a new level 35 character to begin at the FoV section. It is possible DKS may have an option to start at that point, as well (nothing mentioned officially either way).

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kache

Yeah, but now how do they stop us from going in areas we shouldn't go in (like the campions fortress)?

I'm sure some that don't slow down the game will still exist that will prevent you from going into those areas. I think Lar was talking about all the switches you had to find and disable to move on in the game, those shields will be removed.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard