Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Greetings.
I finally bought BD, but hey, I can't seem to finish the instalation. I instaled the game, was asked to restart computer. Done. Then when I wanted to start the game, I was asked to restart computer again to "finish instalation of the protection system drivers". Restarted. Tryied to play the game. Was asked to restart computer to finish instalation of the drivers. ... And so on and on.
Tryied to close about al running programs, restart with and without the CD inserted, still asks me to restart after every restart.

Any ideas please?
PS: I'm having Vista x64

Thanks in advance,
Elvin

I saw what you did there.
Support
Support

The 1.49 patch (included on the game CD/DVD of any remotely recent re-release) removes the Starforce copy protection (that will not install under Vista/Win7 due to changes in how Windows handles drivers) and will allow you to play the game.

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

The 1.49 patch (included on the game CD/DVD of any remotely recent re-release) removes the Starforce copy protection (that will not install under Vista/Win7 due to changes in how Windows handles drivers) and will allow you to play the game.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Oh. Guess noone really bothered to release the new version at the world's end where I live and for some reason, I understood 1.49 is for australian version only *facepalm*.

Thanks a lot for the help, I kinda worship Divine Divinity, now the Ego Draconis ... and I really feared I won't be able to play BD when I finally have a free moment to do it.

See ya!

Last edited by Elvin-kun; 11/09/10 10:23 PM.

Support
Support

I'm not sure which international versions got the 1.49 patch. The Australian publisher didn't release it AFAIK, but in that case a registry edit would allow the US/UK English patch to be installed (Vista & Australian Version). You could try that with other versions, but it may or may not work properly, and if it did work you would get a partial translation into English.

BTW, if you get it going you may want to run the game in Win9x compatability mode, to avoid a rare but potentially serious bug under Vista/7 (Inventory graphic placement bug).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Actually I belive it's an UK version wha I have, but there was no patch included, seems like I got some "original" release of the game, hah.
Anyway, I am sorry to bother you even more, but, erm. Patch applied succesfully, no error anymore...yet after the initial animation, right after "I decided to introduce myself to the itch" the game closes and I end up staring at my detoskop... Could you lend me your powers once more, please? Perhaps it is mentioned somewhere, but when it comes to searching, I'm rather hopeless.

Support
Support

In Windows Explorer, you can browse to the '..\Beyond Divinity\Static' folder to view the 'intro.mpg' video. Rename that file and the game will skip playing it on startup. That may not help (it did in a couple cases of a crash after the video: see here), but it will at least remove a step each time you try the game.

Someone had a problem with the game automatically minimizing during the intro movie and crashing if they tried to maximize it (BattleFields N00b ?), which was fixed by a Windows patch for XP. Another person recently had a similar issue in Windows 7 when they tried Win9x compatibility mode, which was fixed by changing the desktop colour depth from 32bit to 16bit.

A few people with problems on startup could avoid it by setting their desktop resolution and the game resolution to be the same. You could also just try a lower resolution, to see if that helps.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

There may be some things you have not tried yet in the topic below, as well.

yet another "Game simply won't start!"-thread

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Allright, everything seems to be working as it should now...
Thanks a lot for all your help again!

L
stranger
stranger
L
I have this problem to but my version game is Polish, how i can resolve this issue.

Windows 7, Patch 1,47 PL

Last edited by Lares; 11/08/13 12:49 AM.
Support
Support

I don't think the Polish publisher ever released the 1.49 patch for the original disk version. You can try installing the 1.506 patch, but I do not know if it is compatible with the disk version of the game, or the Polish version.

You may be able to find a no-CD hack around somewhere.

The download version includes a number of compatibility fixes and higher / widescreen resolution support. It is available as part of the Divinity Anthology or separately from the Larian Vault, GOG, Steam, Gamersgate, etc.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Patch and crack doesn't work. When i rewrite crack files and try open, window show up "You must have administrator premissionthat installing protection driver"

Support
Support

After replacing the files from the patch, did you delete the '..Beyond Divinity\StarForce Driver Installation' folder? You can also try the StarForce Driver Removal Tool and reboot, to see if that gets rid of the error message.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I delete folder StarForce Driver Instalation but when i open game, windows pop up and communicate,"To install protection drivers, you must have administrator privigle". Removal and driverup tool doesn't work, says "No installed protection drivers found to remove".

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard