Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
what's with a patch for the german version of Flames of vengeance? we wait now more the 2 month, that the bug (wrong voices) will be eliminated. a statement how is the state of affairs, will be nice wink

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello all,

To my shame, I once again realize that the pressures of everyday life at Larian stopped me from posting more regular status updates, something I had decided to do some time ago. Quick update about what's keeping us busy:

Submission of the Xbox360 version of The Dragon Knight Saga: Honestly, you won't recognize the game if you played it previously on Xbox360. It's much much smoother, the user interfaces have changed significantly, the camera has changed completely, it's been balanced specifically for the X360 this time and above all it's much more fun. It's also very very big, as the content of Flames of Vengeance together with the revised Ego Draconis content make for a very big game. I'm too biased to make an objective judgement, but I hope that when you get it in your hands, you'll have as much fun with it as the testers seem to have.

Polish, Russian, French, Italian, Spanish, English, German versions: We love localization, yes we do ! My god, what a job - with the FOV content now added to it, just verifying if a language integration worked out well has become a huge logistical operation.

Monkey Labs 2 & 3: Lots of commotion here in Belgium about educational games with the start of the new school year, and our Monkey Labs games are getting quite some attention, especially now that the government seems to take an interest. We've got two more slated for release end of September, and then there's another two coming a bit later, so those too are keeping me busy.

Next games: In the midst of the rush of releasing the 18 versions, there's still our next projects to take care of too, as more and more team members are ready with their jobs on our current productions. Up to now we've been fooling around with ideas and concepts, but pretty soon decisions will need to be taken about how these will materialize, though I fear it will take some time before we'll be able to talk about them.

Demos: Lots of pressure on our shoulders to come up with demos for The Dragon Knight Saga so that's probably going to take some of our time too very soon.

Patches: When all versions will finally be finished, we'll be able to lift the existing released content to the level of the latest builds, which will be about time. I regret tremendously that we couldn't release any patches before, but it was out of our hands, something we'll not allow to happen again.

That's all I have time for now, I'll try to give a longer one next time round.

Cheers

Lar

NO information on PC release of this patch in North America? Is this gonna end up like another game i own where i had to download from a strange source (not saying where i got it) in order to play it in USA? Please provide some information on the PC patch version release at least..thanks!

Support
Support

As Lar said above, earlier today, US distribution has not been finalized, but the PC versions will be available from a digital distributor (though I don't know if a digital distribution of FoV is compatible with the retail version of D2:ED). If there is a delay until the physical release in the US, you could always order it online from Canada or the UK if you don't want to wait.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q
As you can notice from our limited presence here, we're in the rush to complete all versions. Many a late night have been spent on finalizing everything but it looks like we're getting there. So a quick update:

Yesterday we finished the English, French, German, Italian and Spanish Xbox360 versions and they are now at Microsoft for certification. That basically means that we can't find anything else anymore that needs to be fixed and Microsoft will now check if we overlooked something.

This weekend the hopefully final PC versions of DKS are being built and if final QA works out, we should be ready in time for a November 5th release. We've sorted out Pan-European distribution including Canada and Australia, but US distribution is still up in the air, so unfortunately we can't give you a US street date yet, but we'll make sure you can at least get the PC version via digital means.

Once we've built the DKS versions, we'll make all the FOV versions and then it will finally be done ! And we can take a break smile

To answer the X360 questions above - yesterday we did a presentation to a number of journalists switching between PC & X360 - one of the things we did was showing side by side comparisons of Ego Draconis and The Dragon Knight Saga. It's really quite a big difference. It's not only the camera, the textures, the shading and the lighting, it's also the gameplay and the UI that make for a big improvement. We're really pretty curious what you all will think of it when it comes out.

Thanks for the update!

So does this mean a North American release of the DKS package for Xbox 360 won't happen?

I'm not asking for a date, publisher, price, or anything. But will it see a North American release on Xbox 360 at some point in time?

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Support
Support

There will be a US release, but the distribution has not been finalized, which may or may not result in a delay past the release date in other regions. Since the Canadian distribution is set, the Xbox version of DKS should be available online for US residents who don't want to wait, depending on how much of a hypothetical delay there may be.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I'd love to play Monkey Labs ! smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict

To answer the X360 questions above - yesterday we did a presentation to a number of journalists switching between PC & X360 - one of the things we did was showing side by side comparisons of Ego Draconis and The Dragon Knight Saga. It's really quite a big difference. It's not only the camera, the textures, the shading and the lighting, it's also the gameplay and the UI that make for a big improvement. We're really pretty curious what you all will think of it when it comes out.

What are the changes w/ the camera in the PC and console versions found in DKS?

Last edited by MysterD; 03/10/10 09:34 PM.
veteran
veteran

Thanks for the update Lar wink
This all seems to me very good news!! I have the confidence all things become fine with the Xbox version ! I'm now very very curious to see and play the Dragon Knight Saga ! :hihi:
Time go fast, so novembre the 5th will be there very fast !! smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
I'd love to play Monkey Labs ! smile

Yeah, I see some screenshots of Monkey Labs ... I seems to me a nice funny and good education game !! Good work of Larian !! smile

I think also adults have fun with Monkey Labs ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard