Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
-Elena- #422778 22/10/10 08:20 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by -Elena-
Is it possible to watch that Gametown show online somewhere??

You made me curious :P

Let me look for that, I'll get back to you wink

Lynn #422780 22/10/10 08:30 AM
veteran
veteran
Hi,

a question for Larian studios:
in the Gametown show someone says something about Larian's very first game, I forgot the name, but it was before Divine Divinity, more a strategy game they say ... I wonder I never see or hear something about ... ?
They say also it was a good game.

Thanks in advance wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #422781 22/10/10 08:33 AM
veteran
veteran

-Elena- #422783 22/10/10 09:43 AM
veteran
veteran

This Monday the show will be available at GametownTMF and at the Larian YouTube Channel smile

If you have a YouTube Channel, please join us! up

Lynn #422784 22/10/10 09:45 AM
veteran
veteran
O yes, now I remember the name : L.E.D. Wars !
Thanks lynn wink

Maybe I can buy this game via the Larian Vault in the future?
I like sometimes to play also a strategy game smile

A RPG I find also I CAN make my own strategy to plan the hero's build and choose boosts I like, learning how enemies react and so on and so on ... !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Lar_q #422901 26/10/10 08:05 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
So I figured I'd ask the question here - where do you think the games industry will be in say 20-30 years ? Will we have virtual reality ? Will it be far away ? Will we all have 3D display contact lenses and mind-control interfaces ? Or will we be playing on a Playstation 6 in a similar way than we do today ? Will there even be such a thing as a Playstation 6 ? Perhaps everything will happen in our browsers ? Will we still have browsers ? Will they look like the Minority Report interfaces ? And so forth... I really could use some helpful insights as I only have a couple of weeks left before the thing needs to be ready wink

20-30 years? I would say direct to drive gaming via digital distribution seems likely. It's something that has been pushed alot with consoles and has worked fairly well for PCs for some time now. It will also kill second hand game sales I would think. 3D will most likely be a standard within the industry by then, aswell as motion control as it becomes more refined over the years. Virtual reality may be a possibility, it was tried before but didn't take off that well at least not over here anyway) though technology has come a long way since then (some cool looking shades with earpieces for surround sound instead of those big and bulky headsets of the past, just make sure there's a power switch on the shades for moments of nausea).

Unless some incredible pitfall happens within the companies I can see the big contenders like Microsoft and Sony still going, along with Nintendo (who have been going longer than both), and I think Apple will likely get more involved aswell as some other companies who want a bite into the market, though their success will depend on what they can bring to the table that current companies don't already deliver (PSP2 seems like a massive contender against iPad).

I don't see mind control interfaces happening any time soon, at least not for the casual market. Not that it's not possible (stuff like that is used for prosthetics to a degree though it utilizes bonding with nerves etc) just that it will take alot to bring it on a casual level at any rate where it becomes mainstream. As for Minority Report interfaces, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw Kinect (Natal at the time) in action. I think we'll still have browsers but they will have been radically developed further beyond todays standards by then.

Assuming the planet hasn't been nuked by some tyrannical dictator who wants to achieve global domination beforehand. Game of fallout anyone?

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 26/10/10 08:18 PM.

Lynn #422961 28/10/10 10:35 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by lynn

This Monday the show will be available at GametownTMF and at the Larian YouTube Channel smile

Thanks hope you follow through and upload it to your Youtube Channel.
Hopefully it contains some Xbox 360 DKS Gameplay!

veteran
veteran
I tried uploading the movie to the Larian Studios YouTube Channel , but the movie is too long and thus blocked by YouTube.

GameTown promised me to upload the movie to their channel (they probably have other conditions to upload?...) but they didn't as of yet.

Sorry that I can't help for now.

Lynn #422965 28/10/10 11:59 AM
veteran
veteran
I have seen that Gametown show and must say: I haven't seen only intro video's of the Dragon Knight Saga ... can't remember I see also gameplay on the Xbox or PC ! They talked about the game, but didn't let see much ... so not really a "need" to view it on youtube if you want see gameplay wink

If you want more ... I must honestly say:
buy and play this game, the Dragon Knight Saga, you won't regret it wink

Joram #422969 28/10/10 02:53 PM
old hand
old hand
Aww.
Hopefully they upload it.

Lynn #422984 29/10/10 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by lynn

Thanks Lynn! It looks great! wink

-Elena- #422985 29/10/10 04:55 PM
old hand
old hand
If the video is too big for Youtube, you can split it in parts without problems..

Lar_q #423057 01/11/10 02:00 AM
stranger
stranger
I think we will still be interacting with games in the same fashion in 20-30 years personally.
A good question to ask is, do we want to interact with our games differently? I don't.

I love the way I interact with my games right now. The next best thing would be full on immersion. IE virtual reality. And that's a ways off.... I'd say its partially waiting on force fields to be created, that are not harmful to humans.

This way, a computer simulation, like the "holo deck" a lot of star war fans refer to... well all objects could be touched and interacted with. But it would require a very powerful computer to manipulate object texture... so that everything felt correct. Cause you don't want to bang that sexy short hair red head with the wonderful bust and it feel like sand paper now do you? hahaha... (And that's when bob decided to give up the early versions of virtual reality)

Games are still childish in story, well a lot are, so hopefully we will see that develop more.

Also, you know how the economy is slowing down right now? A lot of peoples hours getting cut, businesses closing down, well I live in the US... well I know that is bound to affect R&D cost and basically whether people feel like investing in anything new. Basically it slows down the whole process of innovation, whether in games, computers, science, etc... of course I would imagine it slows down others sectors more than others and vice versa...

Where I am going with this, is that it needs to be considered in that 20-30 time period. It eats up chunks of time.

"What is the opportunity that lay in this situation?" -Core
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Id settle for a more widespread stereoscopic 3d capability in modern games. The Avatar game was absolute "dung" (story wise), but it's programmed-in 3d capability was rather intriguing.

Full immersion would be interesting to try, but I do have to say that there are LOT of things i interact with in games that I would NOT want to feel... and actually, the raw tech is already there for a full immersion setup. You would need multiple 3d projectors to create a virtual 3d display and a custom suit to mimic touching (I figure something like thousands of tiny electromechanical solenoids to mimic the correct pressure on...say...every square millimeter of skin).

It would cost a small fortune; the gaming experience can be made more realistic, but until tech advances to the point that the cost-per-unit drops to acceptable levels, more realistic gaming is a bored millionaires game. We just have to face the fact that a $30 controller will almost always be more prolific than a multi-thousand dollar VR gaming setup.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard