Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I can not find Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga (Xbox 360) for sale/pre-order in Canada. Has anyone found it yet? Or am out of luck?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Don't think it's released until November 5th.

old hand
old hand
This type of things happen quite frequently.
The Publishers don't seem to have everything in order properly.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Im not trying to criticize here, but it seems that delaying a game's release date months would atleast give the developer time to find a decent publisher and/or give the publisher time to properly advertise the game.

If the release date really is november 5th, as noted above, it would seem like it would reflect badly on the publisher that no, if not very few, stores in the North American market have even heard of the game, let alone are listing it for pre-order with only 5 days til sale.

enthusiast
enthusiast
With the last game EU got it in November and US didn't get it until like January. I'm not sure whether you guys over in the far west will get it the same time as us or later. This is something that will need to be confirmed with Larian Studios.

Best thing to do is read the status update for future updates.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 31/10/10 11:51 AM.

old hand
old hand
The US is a pretty complicated market nowadays for independent developers. At least the PC versions are now available digitally (www.larianvault.com would be a good place to get it ;)), but we're still working on getting X360 versions distributed in the US. It'd be a real shame not to, since we feel it's really a massive improvement, so we'll keep on trying.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
ok thank you all for the info.

Id get the PC version if I need to but I am not big fan of PC gaming anymore and prefer my consoles. Good luck on finding a worthy and forward thinking publisher.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
moved to DNS forum

Last edited by Dae; 08/11/10 08:58 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The US is a pretty complicated market nowadays for independent developers. At least the PC versions are now available digitally (www.larianvault.com would be a good place to get it ;)), but we're still working on getting X360 versions distributed in the US. It'd be a real shame not to, since we feel it's really a massive improvement, so we'll keep on trying.

Okay seriously though he asked where in CANADA. We don't care about the distribution in the USA where is this game in Canada it says on this forum its available for XBOX 360 but its not at futureshop, Best Buy or Gamestop. Can we get an actual answer about Canada or a name of the distributor. Your making it hard to buy this game.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I second that sad

old hand
old hand
I will ask the distributor and see if I can give you some more info.

Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
it would definitely be appreciated. The suspense is killing me and from the posts around, quite a few others.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Thank you for looking into it. I just hate the look on all the retailers faces when I ask about the game and they check their systems. They always look at me like i'm crazy or full of it and say that the game doesn't exist for 360 lol.

veteran
veteran
The game should be available in Canada in the following shops listed here.
Hope this help you.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by psytic
Thank you for looking into it. I just hate the look on all the retailers faces when I ask about the game and they check their systems. They always look at me like i'm crazy or full of it and say that the game doesn't exist for 360 lol.

Make a print-out of this thread and make them think they are crazy delight

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard