Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
VampLena #423210 04/11/10 02:56 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by VampLena
Steam does get Exclusive bonus items

Sounds like another reason to not get it through Steam (not that I was even considering them). I do not approve of people getting a diffrent game based on where they purchase it. And why would the items be exclusive to Steam and not the Larian Vault anyways (If it was Larian that added the items, if it was someone else then it would make sense)?

Gwenio #423212 04/11/10 03:52 AM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Hello,

I am a new member and a fan of all the Divinity games. I was wondering, will The Dragon Knight Saga get a boxed retail release in the United States like Divinity 2 did? As of right now it seems to be only available digitally on Steam and the like, but I prefer a boxed version whenever possible. Amazon won't let me order the Canadian version, which is silly.

If there is no boxed version coming to the United States though I will just get the cheaper add-on on Gamersgate instead of the new combined version (though I hear I will miss some content this way?).

Thanks,

SV

Support
Support

StingingVelvet;

From the topic Release Date?

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hello,

I just playtested the Steam version, so it should be up there in time. You should also be able to get it from Larian's store directly this week, most likely from thursday on.

Also, I just opened up the retail version for both PC & Xbox360, meaning that retailers should be getting them soon too, at least in Western Europe, Canada and Australia.

If Amazon.ca doesn't allow ordering from the US once they have the game in stock, I'm sure other Canadian or UK sites will. Last we heard about a US publisher/distributor (awhile ago), Larian was still working on a deal for the physical version.

From North American FOV PATCH for PC???

Originally Posted by Lar_q
So our patch plans are the following:

-We ship DKS and FOV in all languages.

-For Germany, we bring out a FOV patch which brings it up to date with the international versions of FOV once FOV is released.

-For ED buyers, we're planning to bring out a free patch that turns ED into DKS minus the FOV content, but with the caveat that savegame compatibility will not be maintained due to the many changes in DKS content. However, we'll need the ok of the publishers of ED to release this patch, s that's still in the air. Due to the rules for patches on the X360, we won't be able to release this patch on X360 for ED since it's going to be very large.

see also D2:ED + FoV vs DKS?

Welcome to the forum. wave

Gwenio;

Larian can certainly add equipment sets to their digital download version if they wish. There were a few places that had unique sets specific to their copies of D2:ED, primarily as pre-order bonuses.

Raze #423219 04/11/10 06:58 AM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Thank you.

Well I will wait for a Canada shop to have the game in stock then see if I can get it from somewhere. Thanks!

journeyman
journeyman
my local gamestation has the xbox 360 version in now, ready for selling on friday. ive put a copy back.

journeyman
journeyman
Hooray! I'm hoping to get it very soon. I've been doubting whether to get DKS or Two Worlds II for a while but now I've made up my mind. I think this is going to be the better choice for me.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
stranger
stranger
Exclusives are going to happen no matter what, its best to just go with it, you get more content for your money.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Any word if impulse will be getting the DKS or conversely if i have already purchased the impulse version of D2 will it work with the Larian shop version of FOV.

I was wondering which direction people were leaning also if they arlready own D2 are you going to buy FOV or are you going to purchase DKS?

Is it worth it to buy DKS if you already own d2. Ive been getting confused trying to understand what the similarities and differences are between the versions. Any help is greatly appreciated

jtondee #423265 04/11/10 05:56 PM
This topic could help you point out the differences between FoV and DKS:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=421019#Post421019

I eventually decided to buy DKS. The reasons for this are that the difference in price was just 9 euro.

FoV is also only available as a download, and I prefer to have a physical copy of the game.

And lastly, now I can make a friend happy with D2:ED wink

-Elena- #423284 04/11/10 08:15 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
The Xbox 360 version of DKS should be available tomorrow for most people for definite. People are already playing it in the UK (confirmed via xbox.com UK general discussion forums).

old hand
old hand
Yeah read that post.
Unreal make sure you take some Off Screen Snaps please smile.
Interested to see how it looks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Unreal make sure you take some Off Screen Snaps please smile.
Interested to see how it looks.

Sure. I should be picking up my copy tomorrow after work (couldn't get it early as the store I get early games from didn't get it delivered) so I'll post a few pics of the Xbox 360 version tomorrow evening.

old hand
old hand
Thank You Very Much smile
Will look forward to them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DivineGamer
Thank You Very Much smile
Will look forward to them.

No worries.

Bare in mind though that my AV reciever upscales images to 1080p (my Xbox 360 is connected to my AV reciever which in turn is then connected to my HDTV). So if DKS isn't upscaled to 1080p by the Xbox 360 naturally you won't be seeing what you would be standardly seeing if your Xbox 360 was just connected to your HDTV. Probably wont make much difference with an offscreen photoshoot but thought I'd just bring that up.

Actually anyone know what the native and upscaled resolution rates for DKS are for the Xbox 360? Any images of the back of the box yet?

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 04/11/10 09:34 PM.

stranger
stranger
Received my copy of DKS today from Game.co.uk. I must say it looks a lot better than the the original release- much more colourful and smooth. As the 3rd person view is closer to your character, you get to see way more detail in the enemies too. Pleased I sold Ego Draconis on eBay and upgraded to this! I don't think anyone will be disappointed when they get this home tomorrow!

Baishy #423317 04/11/10 11:09 PM
stranger
stranger
@unreal

Back of box says 720p/1080i/1080p. Does that help in any way?

Baishy #423322 05/11/10 12:28 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Baishy
@unreal

Back of box says 720p/1080i/1080p. Does that help in any way?

Well it doesn't tell the native resolution but at least we know it's upscaled to 1080p by the Xbox 360.

Thanks.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 05/11/10 12:28 AM.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I really-really-really want to play DKS! I know PC version is on Steam already, but what about XBox version for USA? Please, as soon as you find any way to buy a hard copy or a download in USA or Canada, could you please post a link here? Amazon doesn't have it listed, and I do not have time to search for it on-line. Thank you.

stranger
stranger
It's not available to Australians on steam yet, and the retail date has been pushed back to an undisclosed date. Any ideas as to when we'd be able to purchase?

stranger
stranger
Its not available for purchase on US Steam yet, but it is listed as being unlocked in 15 hours, sadly however I dont think US will see a retail store release for awhile considering I dont see it offered on ANY other websites other then Digital Download, Even Gamestop doesnt have a listing.

Im just going to buy it off Steam in 15 hours, I cant be bothered waiting for whenever Retail Stores here in the US get their act together.

Last edited by VampLena; 05/11/10 02:56 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard