Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
The game installs normally, but when I have to validate the serial, first it wouldn´t go to the next screen. I put compatibility to Win xp and vista(from win 7) and it passed to the screen where I must type the serial, but there´s no way to input the code, nor typing nor trying to copy-paste after typing it in word.

The detail screen shows this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<unlock>
<ul_prot_version>1</ul_prot_version>
<ul_request>MHDSC-SR56W-36DGA-DSU6Z-JEBKZ-AVZQ6-GZ3V7-D9FMW-BL92</ul_request>
<ul_serial></ul_serial>
<ul_serial_type>2</ul_serial_type>
</unlock>

I tried installing the game in my laptop (although it isn´t powerful enough to run the game properly) which works with Vista, and it didn´t have this problem. The detail screen was the same save for the code serial.
I guess it´s some kind of problem with SecureROM (wasn´t there a better DRM anyway?), but I haven´t found any solution so far.

Support
Support

Did you try running the install / game as administrator?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game, or before you installed?

Which game do you mean? I assume DKS, or you would have mentioned if D2:ED worked before trying FoV.

Which version? Did you check the digital distributor's site for a FAQ, etc? Securom's support site doesn't mention type of issue in the FAQ (they do have a diagnostic tool for download), and I have not seen it before in this forum.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I´ve tried running it as admininstrator, without result. It´s DKS, DVD version. I have asked Srom, but they tell me to try manual activation, and have the same problem. Code won´t type or copy-paste in the window.

Antivirus is Avira, while on the laptop I have Avast. Could this have something to do with it? I heard Srom gave trouble with some antivirus.

Support
Support

It couldn't hurt to try uninstalling your anti-virus program. Someone recently had a conflict with Securom and their DVD drive when Panda Antivirus was installed (and an error after authentication if they tried an external drive), and needed to uninstall it: see Emulator detected.

Maybe try booting into Safe Mode (reboot, hit / hold down F8 as Windows starts to load, before the splash screen, and in the menu that comes up, select 'Safe Mode with Networking') and see if the game or manual activation will work in safe mode, and if so, if you get the same problem trying to enter the code. The game itself will probably not run, but might trigger the activation program if you try.

Did you email support@larian.com? It's the weekend there now, though.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Can anyone please have a look at the lang file in the bin folder of the game. It´s the securerom one, mine shows:

SETTINGS]
PID=false
SUPPORT_PAGE=https://support.securom.com/PAunlock/
GENERAL_BUY_HYPERLINK=http://www.securom.com
GENERAL_LOGO_FILE=logo-paul.bmp

; TO GET SERIAL FROM REGISTRY
SERIAL_REG_ENABLED=false
SERIAL_REG_KEY=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SecuROM\PRODUCT_KEY
SERIAL_REG_VALUE=serial

; AUTHENTICATION OPTION DIALOG - DISC OR ONLINE ACTIVATION:
PROMPT_UPON_FIRST_LAUNCH=false
PROMPT_UPON_WRONG_DISC=false
ALWAYS_DISC_CHECK=false

; TO WRITE A SERIAL TO THE REGISTRY AFTER SUCCESSFUL ACTIVATION
PRODUCT_KEY_2_REGISTRY_ENABLED=false
PRODUCT_REGISTRY_KEY=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SecuROM\PRODUCT_KEY
PRODUCT_REGISTRY_VALUE=serial

Is this how it should be?

ava Offline
Yep, that's normal.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
ava Offline
In case you didn't e-mail support yet, can you provide a screenshot of the screen that you do see? Thanks.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
old hand
old hand
There is also no need to run the game in compatibility mode.

Tweeting @forktong

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard